Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand Question...

I’m trying to collaborate on a project with former band mates.
They’ve sent me GarageBand tracks created on a Mac.
I only have GB on my IPad / IPhone with no Mac available and when trying to load the files to my GB I get the ‘unable to open files as they were created on a Mac’ type message.
So, what can I do to get going with this?
Workarounds, tips, tricks?
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• Open the project using Audioshare and extract the audio from the media folder.

• @Ufo said:
    I’m trying to collaborate on a project with former band mates.
    They’ve sent me GarageBand tracks created on a Mac.
    I only have GB on my IPad / IPhone with no Mac available and when trying to load the files to my GB I get the ‘unable to open files as they were created on a Mac’ type message.
    So, what can I do to get going with this?
    Workarounds, tips, tricks?
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    Thank you.

Well if the tracks have virtual instruments they might have to just resend you a wave file , or if they are willing they can download and use Logic for free for 90 days I think and they can open their GarageBand project in Logic and export a version that will open in GarageBand IOS and send you that.

• Thank you both for the help. I will try Audioshare first and check the Logic idea as well.

• If they send from logic, it will be a stereo mix of their project. When you add tracks, you’ll have to export as a project again. If You use logic and export to ios garageband for your own icloud, then the tracks you add will show up automatically in your logic project.

If you both use logic, then you can use splice to collaborate.

• Thank you. Not sure if they’ll be able to send from Logic. I will investigate.

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

@Ufo - GarageBand on the Mac has a "Share > Project to GarageBand for iOS" menu option. If your bandmates can use that instead, you should be able to open the project.

[edit ... I just tried it, and the project came over, but it was just one single Stereo track. If you need to be able to edit the parts, then that won't do it for ya.]