Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK or Touchable Pro for Ableton?

The existing Touchable Pro threads are from the time of the first launch. Has anyone been using it enough to have an opinion?

I’ve more or less given up on iOS for music arrangement. I still use it as a way to generate ideas, with Blocs, Model D, Egoist and so on, but everything gets put straight into Ableton.

However, I don’t always want to sit at my desk, and I’m not going to buy a MacBook just for Ableton on the sofa.

I have LK, but find it a bit rough around the edges. How is Touchable Pro? I want to be able to move away from the computer and still work on projects, chopping samples with simpler, adding packs, etc. Is it comprehensive enough for all that (I’ve read the features, and flipped through the manual and it appears so).

Is it responsive when used on Wi-Fi? LK is very snappy in this regard.

Comments

• Touchable pro is great but I only use it via USB so cannot comment on the Wi-Fi latency compared with LK, which I also have. Touchable pro is what you’re looking for, I believe.

• LK is the quick, easy, fast, straightforward controller with a rather limited feature set,
    Touchable Pro is more like the opposite - a very powerful and feature-rich controller that is probably not as snappy over WiFi but certainly the only option with this level of control.

• I’d normally watch videos to decide, but there don’t seem to be many good, in depth ones. If only there was a Cuckoo, but for iOS apps.

• Haha, funny you mentioned that. I was watching some videos on it.

• I have Touchable 3 and it' a good system, with Pro looking better. FYI, LK is not an option if you have a Surface Pro, and I'm guessing it may have similar problems with some other PC set-ups. The UBridge program can't be installed due to a weird framework issue.

• @Samflash3 That’s BM3, not Touchable, though, right?

• @mistercharlie said:
    @Samflash3 That’s BM3, not Touchable, though, right?

Yeah. I figured you might already have it. But the knowledge can help you decide on what you want to do, and possibilities of combining the iPad with a PC. For example, the third video is really useful as an unexpected way to use an iPad with Ableton.

• I like BM3 a lot, but I do wish it could export Ableton Live Sets. That would be killer.

Still on the fence with Touchable Pro here. It’s certainly a lot cheaper than the Push 2.

• edited April 2020

Touchable isn’t working well with the latest Live here. LK consumes a lot of cpu. Personally don’t use either at the moment.

• Touchable Pro all day all night. Hands down the best controller for Live from the iPad.

• edited April 2020

@echoopera said:
    Touchable Pro all day all night. Hands down the best controller for Live from the iPad.

Are You using it with wifi or cable? PC or Mac?

• edited April 2020

I use it wired. I don’t trust Wi-Fi Or Bluetooth for music production.

• Touchable pro have been updating with new betas over the last week or two but haven't had much chance to use it recently, now I have a Push 2. You can't use them simultaneously, at least until they add support for an isotonik script which combines Ableton controllers.

• edited April 2020

I’d like to try out the beta. Is the dev on the forum? @Carnbot

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’d like to try out the beta. Is the dev on the forum? @Carnbot

Try going here and see if you can get a hold of the Beta link: https://community.zerodebug.com/c/touchable-pro-beta/5