Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini apps bug when used in hosts.

I have the same problem with all their apps,whatever host app i use.
I have the same constant pitched note whatever note i play.
I’ve tried changing sample rate setting,but it doesn’t work.
The frequency is a little less disturbing at at 64 latency,but it’s still there,and 64 is a much too low latency for real life use.
I’ve tried the same set-up with both my interfaces(apogee jam and apogee quartet)...same thing happens.
I have not this problem with amplitube,hotone,bias etc...
very disturbing.
I’ve even reinstalled aum...nothing makes it.
Anyone else could test this?
Here is the video which shows the problem:

@NembriniAudio ?

Comments

• @flo26 said:
    I have the same problem with all their apps,whatever host app i use.
    I have the same constant pitched note whatever note i play.
    I’ve tried changing sample rate setting,but it doesn’t work.
    The frequency is a little less disturbing at at 64 latency,but it’s still there,and 64 is a much too low latency for real life use.
    I’ve tried the same set-up with both my interfaces(apogee jam and apogee quartet)...same thing happens.
    I have not this problem with amplitube,hotone,bias etc...
    very disturbing.
    I’ve even reinstalled aum...nothing makes it.
    Anyone else could test this?
    Here is the video which shows the problem:

@NembriniAudio ?

@flo26 : if you power cycle the iPad and go to AUM first without launching the standalone version, do you hear the same thing? I am wondering if there is some funny interaction that is the result of the standalone running in the background while the AU is running.

• I never open the standalone app before aum.
    I did this only for the purpose of the video.
    The problem is the same with all their apps.

• I listened to this several times and didn’t hear anything. Are you saying you don’t hear this note in standalone but do in a host?

• Listen with headphones or speakers😉it’s clearly audible.

• @yowza said:
    I listened to this several times and didn’t hear anything. Are you saying you don’t hear this note in standalone but do in a host?

Yes sir.

• @flo26 I don't hear anything in your video either. But I wonder if it might be feedback from audio output to input (pickup, mic, etc.). This happened to me once testing an app – feedback from iPad speakers to iPad mic gives a nice note. I know you said it happens using headphones, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Try changing distances, etc., to see if it depends on distance.

• @uncledave said:
    @flo26 I don't hear anything in your video either. But I wonder if it might be feedback from audio output to input (pickup, mic, etc.). This happened to me once testing an app – feedback from iPad speakers to iPad mic gives a nice note. I know you said it happens using headphones, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Try changing distances, etc., to see if it depends on distance.

Seriously,you can’t Hear this note with the same constant pitch behind the notes I play when used in aum?🤔🤔

• @flo26 said:

@uncledave said:
    @flo26 I don't hear anything in your video either. But I wonder if it might be feedback from audio output to input (pickup, mic, etc.). This happened to me once testing an app – feedback from iPad speakers to iPad mic gives a nice note. I know you said it happens using headphones, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Try changing distances, etc., to see if it depends on distance.

Seriously,you can’t Hear this note with the same constant pitch behind the notes I play when used in aum?🤔🤔

I hear it but it is subtle, it could be that YouTube's lossy codec reduces its prominence. Can you capture the audio in AUM rather than screen capture than upload the wav file somewhere where we can hear it?

• Maybe i’m the only one that is disturbed by this🤔.

• I can't hear anything significant in the videos either?!
    (Describe it in words, it's a lot better for troubleshooting).

On the other hand when I had issues with my Behringer UCA-202 long time ago it turned out that the output was bleeding back into the inputs causing low frequency rumble caused but the stuff that was sent to the output from the iPad.

So even when 'nothing' was connected the output that was sent from the iPad could be 'recorded' (at low but audible level around -55db), the audio was low-frequency rumble version like audio being passed thru a heavy lowpass filter.
    It's bad 'cross talk' and what I'd consider a design flaw on the interface.

Hope this will be sorted out if it is indeed a bug in the software...

• @Samu said:
    I can't hear anything significant in the videos either?!
    (Describe it in words, it's a lot better for troubleshooting).

On the other hand when I had issues with my Behringer UCA-202 long time ago it turned out that the output was bleeding back into the inputs causing low frequency rumble caused but the stuff that was sent to the output from the iPad.

So even when 'nothing' was connected the output that was sent from the iPad could be 'recorded' (at low but audible level around -55db), the audio was low-frequency rumble version like audio being passed thru a heavy lowpass filter.
    It's bad 'cross talk' and what I'd consider a design flaw on the interface.

Hope this will be sorted out if it is indeed a bug in the software...

Yes,it is like a rumble,but the fact is I don’t have it when I use the standalone app.
    I’m sure it is not an interface problem.

• @flo26 said:

Yes,it is like a rumble,but the fact is I don’t have it when I use the standalone app.

Could it be iPad USB PowerManagement?
    (For example the UNOSynth is very sensitive if I power it from the iPad, under heavy load it starts to make weird noises, while on low load it's more quiet).

Meaning the stand-alone app could draw less juice than when using the AUV3 in AUM?!

But pretty weird indeed...

• @Samu said:

@flo26 said:

Could it be iPad USB PowerManagement?
    (For example the UNOSynth is very sensitive if I power it from the iPad, under heavy load it starts to make weird noises, while on low load it's more quiet).

Meaning the stand-alone app could draw less juice than when using the AUV3 in AUM?!

But pretty weird indeed...

Thanks for your ideas @Samu .

• Hey Flo, I don’t hear it. Watched your video two times and really tried to get the pitch sound. That’s strange. We should analyze the videos audio to see it in a Fabfilter app displayed... 🤔 sorry man. Can you describe more that sound?

• It’s in the low spectrum.
    The note is always the same .No variations in pitch.
    You will only hear it when the app is used in host mode.
    Anyways,let’s see what @NembriniAudio hears😉😉 .
    Maybe something’s wrong on my side🤪🤪.

• @flo26 : I am curious. Do you hear it in any of the examples I posted? They were all recorded in AUM.

• edited April 2020

I can hear it in your video. Definitely there and definitely something you don’t want to have in a mix. As you say, @flo26 it’s a steady pitch at a lower frequency - maybe 100Hz.

• @qryss said:
    I can hear it in your video. Definitely there and definitely something you don’t want to have in a mix. As you say, @flo26 it’s a steady pitch at a lower frequency - maybe 100Hz.

🙏

• @qryss said:

I can’t play with the apps anymore for now.
    I’m really sensitive to this.
    I will wait for a fix.
    Except this problem,i love these apps.

• But I can’t hear it in your tests @espiegel123 . There’s a quiet bit towards the end of the first one where I would hear it if it were there like it is in @flo26 ’s example and I don’t hear it.

• @qryss said:
    But I can’t hear it in your tests @espiegel123 . There’s a quiet bit towards the end of the first one where I would hear it if it were there like it is in @flo26 ’s example and I don’t hear it.

Sorry,i can’t find the track.
    Where is it?

• edited April 2020

Ok,thanks!
    You play lots of chords and with a very light crunch sound.
    Try to play with much more gain and in the high register of the instrument .
    Listen carefully.
    Play the same notes as i do in the video.
    Use bst100 if you own it,so we can sure of our thing😉.

• @flo26 You say it's in the low spectrum.. I don't know if youtube is helping with their conversions for the audio portion.. I thought I might have heard a higher pitched squeal just a fraction of a second before you play the notes.. and if that's the case, you may have a microphonic pickup (or the beginnings of one)..
    I know.. it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't hear it ALL the time though..
    Just trying to give you options to check.. I'll test this out myself later tonight..

https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-tone-garage/feedback-vs-microphonic-noise

• @royor said:
    @flo26 You say it's in the low spectrum.. I don't know if youtube is helping with their conversions for the audio portion.. I thought I might have heard a higher pitched squeal just a fraction of a second before you play the notes.. and if that's the case, you may have a microphonic pickup (or the beginnings of one)..
    I know.. it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't hear it ALL the time though..
    Just trying to give you options to check.. I'll test this out myself later tonight..

https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-tone-garage/feedback-vs-microphonic-noise

Thanks royor,but no problems on the pickup side.
    I have absolutely no problems with other amp sims/
    Amplitube works great in aum.

• edited April 2020

What I hear is like rectified mains hum (which it surely isn’t). It only comes in when the guitar is playing - like it’s gated in some way (again, I assume it isn’t - it seems more like an artefact of processing the input to me).

And it is not really audible to me at all in the final section where the buffer is set to 64.

• @qryss said:
    What I hear is like rectified mains hum (which it surely isn’t). It only comes in when the guitar is playing - like it’s gated in some way (again, I assume it isn’t - it seems more like an artefact of processing the input to me).

What do you mean?
    Curious if you could be more precise.

• Mains is AC and in the UK its frequency is 50Hz. Where this is picked up in a circuit as audio it frequently gets rectified - so both halves of the cycle are on the same side. This has the effect of doubling the frequency. So most of the time what you hear and call mains hum is actually 100Hz, not 50Hz.

Sorry to be obscure. I just meant it sounds like mains hum. But that’s not a thing you’d actually expect to hear in the digital domain. :smile:

And it’s not there all the time - it only is apparent when you are playing and it fades out before the guitar does. However, it stays at a steady frequency and a steady volume while the guitar volume is above ‘normal’ threshold.

Not sure if that made it clearer or not...

• Thanks a lot for the clarification😉.
    I’m actually playing the app in aum and i have the same problem.
    No problemm at all when used standalone.
    The ipad is not plugged in while i play.
    I’ve even changed the connection kit (both apple),nothing makes it.
    @NembriniAudio will surely find a solution and fix this problem.