Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s your recommendation for a battery bank that will work with the iPad Camera connection kit?

I have an Akai Mpk Mini 2 and it draws a lot of power. I’m looking to get a battery bank but I do need it to work with the camera connection kit and not say that “This device requires too much power”. I’m looking at Anker but I’m not sure. Any recommendations?

Also, bonus point if the cable comes with the hub.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

The battery bank brand doesn't matter as far as I know. Whether or not it delivers enough power is up to the device plugged into the USB port on the CCK.

I guess you could look to see if any have a higher output wattage rating, if they even list that.

I never had a bad product from Anker. My battery banks from them work great. I don't care about bundled Lightning cables as short ones are cheap and easy to come by. I use Amazon Basics cables with no issues over several years. YMMV.

• @wim said:
    The battery bank brand doesn't matter as far as I know. Whether or not it delivers enough power is up to the device plugged into the USB port on the CCK.

I guess you could look to see if any have a higher output wattage rating, if they even list that.

I never had a bad product from Anker. My battery banks from them work great. I don't care about bundled Lightning cables as short ones are cheap and easy to come by. I use Amazon Basics cables with no issues over several years. YMMV.

I thought so too, but here's the weird part. I connected a 9V 1A/5V 2A power supply from my original Samsung phone to my Camera connection kit, using the original Apple Charging cable but it didn't work. Unless the Samsung was outputting 9V 1A instead of 5V 2A, it should have worked. Now it seems that the only thing I can use with my Akai keyboard is my original iPad charger (which I'm worried may get lost someday).

• You probably already tried this, but plugging-in order can be important. Sometimes connecting power first, waiting a few seconds, then plugging in devices works differently than plugging everything in to the CCK then plugging the CCK into the device. The rare times I've had issues, playing around with different combinations and/or rebooting the device has helped.

• edited April 2020

I use an Anker one with 2 outputs. One of the outputs powers a USB hub (and hence everything attached to the hub), the other output goes straight into the CCK to power the iPad. Works like a dream.

• @wim said:
    You probably already tried this, but plugging-in order can be important. Sometimes connecting power first, waiting a few seconds, then plugging in devices works differently than plugging everything in to the CCK then plugging the CCK into the device. The rare times I've had issues, playing around with different combinations and/or rebooting the device has helped

Thanks @Wim and @TimRussell . I tried the mentioned steps but it didn't seem to work. I did decide to order a Anker battery bank. Regardless of if it works, I know I'll still get a lot of use out of it.

• Its probably not the battery bank but ios. Try putting a passive hub between cck and the device. this tricks ios to think you are drawing less power.