Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

«1345

Comments

  • Tx buddy !

  • Favorite features:

    • Add a track from AudioShare as a file-player in AUM
    • AudioShare persistent sort by…
  • Awesome

  • @mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

    • Add a track from AudioShare as a file-player in AUM

    Woah

  • Is Audioshare "On my iPad" finally or still in Locations (Duplicating files) ?
    That's the day I am waiting for.

  • @Turntablist said:
    Is Audioshare "On my iPad" finally or still in Locations (Duplicating files) ?
    That's the day I am waiting for.

    I think it needs to be in Locations because it is shared between AUM and Audioshare.

  • edited April 6

    Now, names of long files can be seen in full.

    Before, long file name endings were often lopped off, like this:

    I asked for this change just a few days ago, and it got squeezed into this update already, @j_liljedahl thanks, you’re the man!

  • @Turntablist said:
    Is Audioshare "On my iPad" finally or still in Locations (Duplicating files) ?
    That's the day I am waiting for.

    Those “duplicates” don’t take up any more space, whether they’re in Locations or plain folders.

    I did a test here:

    https://www.cultofmac.com/649268/duplicate-files-sizes-ios-file-providers/

  • @AudioGus said:

    @Turntablist said:
    Is Audioshare "On my iPad" finally or still in Locations (Duplicating files) ?
    That's the day I am waiting for.

    I think it needs to be in Locations because it is shared between AUM and Audioshare.

    That's correct. iOS does not allow "automagic" sharing of a folder between apps if it's in "On my iPad", so I had to put it in an AudioShare File Provider plugin. I could enable the "on my ipad" folder as well, which would correspond to the "itunes file sharing" folder inside AudioShare, but I think that might be very confusing for a lot of users :(

    Not sure what you mean about duplicating files, though?

  • Great news. Thanks @j_liljedahl

  • Thanks for fixing the ability to open text files. That was one feature I really needed.

  • @mistercharlie said:

    @Turntablist said:
    Is Audioshare "On my iPad" finally or still in Locations (Duplicating files) ?
    That's the day I am waiting for.

    Those “duplicates” don’t take up any more space, whether they’re in Locations or plain folders.

    I did a test here:

    https://www.cultofmac.com/649268/duplicate-files-sizes-ios-file-providers/

    Wait, that was you? Awesome. Thanks for testing that out.

  • @mistercharlie said:

    @Turntablist said:
    Is Audioshare "On my iPad" finally or still in Locations (Duplicating files) ?
    That's the day I am waiting for.

    Those “duplicates” don’t take up any more space, whether they’re in Locations or plain folders.

    I did a test here:

    https://www.cultofmac.com/649268/duplicate-files-sizes-ios-file-providers/

    You moved 10.8gb of files to audioshare, and it added 10.8gb to the used storage, so that is duplication.
    iPad and iMazing reported that, iTunes didn't report that, so you just believed iTunes over the iPad report and iMazing report.

    Moving files to Audioshare puts them in Audioshare and their original location, duplication, double file size, exactly as your test showed

  • And to make it even worse, I am testing now on iOS 13, and I am getting the complete opposite results to you that seems to confirm your conclusion anyway, copying files in to Audioshare has no impact on iPad (Reported) storage, but the size of 'Kymatic AB' shared storage gets larger by the amount of each file added.
    So at this point, what do we believe is reporting correctly.


  • Can someone please explain to me the difference between “on my iPad “ and “Files“ ?

  • @Paa89 said:

    Can someone please explain to me the difference between “on my iPad “ and “Files“ ?

    Do you by any chance have DropBox, Google Drive or any other cloud services enabled in Files.app?
    (DropBox drained my iPhones battery like mad when enabled in Files.app so I removed it from there).

  • @Gavinski said:
    Now, names of long files can be seen in full.

    @j_liljedahl Where's the search field gone?
    It's possible to search for AUv3 and IAA plugins but the audio files would profit even more from being searchable. Scrolling through hundreds of samples is no fun.

  • @Samflash3 said:
    Thanks for fixing the ability to open text files. That was one feature I really needed.

    @Samflash3 where do you open these at?

  • AUM is 4.5 MB.

    Just noticed that - felt the need to point it out for some reason. I thought Drambo was lightweight.

  • @onerez said:

    @Samflash3 said:
    Thanks for fixing the ability to open text files. That was one feature I really needed.

    @Samflash3 where do you open these at?

    Just import the text file directly to AudioShare and it’ll show up in the audio window. It’s a useful tool that I use in troubleshooting some scripts.

  • @cian said:
    AUM is 4.5 MB.

    Just noticed that - felt the need to point it out for some reason. I thought Drambo was lightweight.

    Wait, whoa. Was this program made in Assembly or what? That’s tiny.

  • +1 for the idea of adding search function!

    @j_liljedahl Where's the search field gone?
    It's possible to search for AUv3 and IAA plugins but the audio files would profit even more from being searchable. Scrolling through hundreds of samples is no fun.

  • Hi Jonatan,

    I cannot find an update of AudioShare in the App Store.
    Because I was a beta-tester and the beta-version is still on my iPad?
    Is 2.7.9 (139) the same version?

  • @Turntablist My interpretation was based on Apple’s documentation, and the fact that moving between folders also “added” the same 10.8GB.

    It’s way too confusing though.

  • edited April 6

    Don't know why this happens but in AudioShare the hardware settings default to 44.1K with 512 buffer.
    44.1K is not supported on iPhone 8 so I wonder why Audioshare defaults to 44.1K?!
    (44.1 is shown in RED = Not supported).

  • @AudioGus said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

    • Add a track from AudioShare as a file-player in AUM

    Woah

    Just tried it. Game changing little beauty!

  • @Samu said:

    @Paa89 said:

    Can someone please explain to me the difference between “on my iPad “ and “Files“ ?

    Do you by any chance have DropBox, Google Drive or any other cloud services enabled in Files.app?
    (DropBox drained my iPhones battery like mad when enabled in Files.app so I removed it from there).

    I have Dropbox and megashare

  • @Turntablist said:
    And to make it even worse, I am testing now on iOS 13, and I am getting the complete opposite results to you that seems to confirm your conclusion anyway, copying files in to Audioshare has no impact on iPad (Reported) storage, but the size of 'Kymatic AB' shared storage gets larger by the amount of each file added.
    So at this point, what do we believe is reporting correctly.

    It may be that the total device storage is the true indicator and that the individual apps each report the amount of file storage they access, not physically store. My guess is that if app A and app B have references to the same original file, they'll be counted twice even though physically there's only one copy. This would make sense if you think about it since if you removed the file in app A, you wouldn't expect to see it disappear from app B's storage space.

    The way to tell would be to total up the storage for all apps and see if it's higher than the device storage total. Another way to test would be to copy a very large file into two apps, check device total and storage of both apps, then delete from one and repeat the check. Total storage should remain the same, the app you deleted from should go down, and the other app should stay the same. Then delete from the other app and check if total storage and that app come down.

    In all these file tests it's critical to empty the recently deleted folder after each deletion or results will be all over the place.

    Sorry ... I'm not motivated enough to do my own testing. :D

  • @audio_DT said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    Favorite features:

    • Add a track from AudioShare as a file-player in AUM

    Woah

    Just tried it. Game changing little beauty!

    Can you give a quick nudge as to what this means for the average Joe (self)...?

Sign In or Register to comment.