Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Glad to see the filter port filling in, 76 is a nice add.

• @mgmg4871 said:

Bastardo! I was gonna go completely synth free this month :(

Anyway, It sounds really good. And capable of a much wider range of sounds then I thought. Only 8 save slots for presets is a problem here though. Seems the dev is insisting on keeping the graphics design over the ability for users to save presets. Being able to use it in an Audiobus effect slot and drive audio through it is a really nice bonus tho.

• Lol. @ChrisG My Bad.

• edited March 2014

@Synthandson Yes, you need to change to preset #4 This sounds great.image

• Just last night I noticed this app was available in my effects section, but when I tried I had no sound and today there is an update! Gonna d/l and see how it works

• edited March 2014

To fix the effect slot issue, just connect and disconnect the vocoder effect (might have to "reset" the whole thing first in the presets window). It is a bug though, so maybe the dev will release a fix (and add more save slots!)

• edited March 2014

Not working here, ...vocoder, preset 4, doesn't fix.
    With different combinations of apps, the only result I'm getting is 100% bypass.
    I tried the Kymatica setup above, what I hear is the synth not being affected by the reverb while the other app is affected.
    I also tried deleting and reinstalling...
    I'm hoping there is a way because I'm excited to hear this in action-!
    Any more fixes until a bug patch?

• @Zetagy said:

Not working here, ...vocoder, preset 4, doesn't fix.
    With different combinations of apps, the only result I'm getting is 100% bypass.
    I tried the Kymatica setup above, what I hear is the synth not being affected by the reverb while the other app is affected.

In the setup above, I plugged in a guitar. Can you clarify what you mean by "synth not being effected by the reverb while the other app is effected"

• I plugged in Chordian in the ip, 76 in effects, and speaker in the o/p. I had to run a sequence in Chordian, and in 76, I plugged effects 1 into the vocoder and nothing....until I slid my finger around on the note grid. At that point, I got the effected Chordian sequence that tracked the notes I played on 76. A note hold would be great to allow just the effected sound.

• Oh...I was 100% wet on the vocoder effects too. Less than that will mix the 76 sound with your ip app sound.

• edited March 2014

Also, if you get no sound, hit reset in preset menu. Try putting microphone in the input first, and then switching to synth or whatever. Also make sure your slides are not all the way left on each effect.

• edited March 2014

@mgmg4871:

What I mean is that in the Audiobus example you posted above, with
    AUFX:PeakQ to 76 Synthesizer to AUFX:Space
    PeakQ is being affected by Space, but 76 Synth is not.
    If I play notes on 76, there is no reverb from Space, but PeakQ is getting reverb.
    Also, before I reinstalled 76, it had an on/off switch in the Audiobus tab. Now it's gone

• @funjunkie27 said:

Oh...I was 100% wet on the vocoder effects too. Less than that will mix the 76 sound with your ip app sound.

Oh @funjunkie27 you do get very excited playing your synths don't you?

• @Zetagy in this setup 76 Synth is acting as an effect. If your looking for 76 Synth to be effected, it should be in the input slot.

• Can't be helped @supadom!

• This looks tempting... Can anyone guide me on a couple of questions?

Am I right in thinking that this can't be used in audiobus input slot? Doesn't say anything about that in descrip.

Also does the coremidi mean I can trigger notes from ios daw, or only from ext. keyboard? My only other coremidi app only does ext. keyboard.

Thanks!

• @funjunkie27 lol!

Ok, I bought the 76 but honestly I'm not hugely impressed. Ok, before I get shot down, yes for the price it is ok, but for someone who already owes gazillions of synth app is a bit of a unnecessary expenditure. Maybe for people with less powerful devices or ones wanting to run many synths without worrying about the footprint but....myself, i'm gonna put it in the quarantine folder for now :P

• It has old school mojo Wojtek.

• @Ben said:

It has old school mojo Wojtek.

Yeah, I know. It's so old and funky I can't even read the controls description. Also never managed to flip to the effect section. How the hell do I do this?

• No wonder you weren't impressed. Lol. Two finger swipe left for effects.

• Then tap on effect 1 or 2 output jack (screen should darken), and then tap the effect jack to cable to. Not very intuitive at first, but pretty easy once you've done it. I toggle the system three finger tap zoom to get a better view of the controls.

• Thanks @ funjunkie27, that was helpful. In order to access the vocoder do you use 76 in the effect slot with microphone as input then follow along on the keyboard controller like a traditional vocoder?

• That would work, but all you'll get is the 76 sound. You could get the same (I think) by just putting 76 in the input slot. What I find more interesting is 76 in the effect slot and whatever synth in the input slot, allowing the 76 to effect the synth on the IP.

• edited March 2014

Cheers guys, I'll give it another try :) seems like a perfect companion for xynthesizer with both lacking landscape mode.

• Just updated the latest & got it werking in the fx slot - thanks for the tips guys.
    Sounds great - good at knocking off the shiny digital edges & giving source sounds an analog like roughing up :) currently running Dr Om thru to fine effect :)