Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

There might already be a cure

Most people seem to be unaware of the best recent development for treating Covid-19.

I was going to add the information to an existing thread, but I wanted as many people as possible here to get the news. Sometimes old threads are constantly revisited by only a small sub-set of readers.

Some guy named Glanville is working on what seems to be the best short-term option for stopping Covid-19 in its sneaky tracks. I’ll explain some of the reasons why I’m optimistic about Glanville’s work.

The solution has already worked for past viruses. It’s worked to fight the Ebola virus. It’s worked on the previous corona-virus that was the original SARS. Glanville started with those SARS antibodies.

The short version is that Glanville came up with a way to get those antibodies to attack Covid-19. He had five versions in the test, so he hoped that one of them would work. All five versions attacked Covid-19.

I’m not a scientist, but I see it as sort of a bloodhound metaphor. They let antibodies sniff the virus that they are supposed to be looking for, and then they turn the antibody hounds loose to track down the virus.

The antibody approach is sort of a short-cut solution. A vaccine gets a person’s immune system to start up antibody production, but that’s too slow to help someone who already has the disease.

Injecting the antibodies directly can stop the virus in an existing patient. Injecting the antibodies can also provide short-term prevention for health care workers. They will need booster injections occasionally.

A vaccine might still be the best long-term solution, but it takes too long. With the antibody technique it only takes hours or a few days to test the effectiveness for a specific patient.

They still have to go through the tests. Even when it’s proven to work it will take a while to manufacture and distribute millions of doses of the antibodies. They might be widely available by September.

Another bit of good news is that Glanville is also working on broad-spectrum solutions. Society has to be ready for new viral threats, and for mutations of old viruses.

Comments