Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Selecting a group of velocity events in Cubasis 3

Hi
Following the recent updates of Cubasis 3, I thought I would give it another go but it is still so frustrating!
Simple things I can do in Cubasis 2 don't seem to be possible in Cubasis 3 e.g.
After recording a midi track from my keyboard I notice that a group of notes its too loud, so I want to select just those notes and lower their velocity events.
I can do this fine in Cubasis 2 but in Cubasis 3 when I select just the highest events, multiple events in that region get selected and also reduce in velocity when I lower the high ones (which I do not want to happen!).
Anyone else have that issue or is there an Absolute/Relative velocity parameter set that I haven't noticed? @LFS ?

I was going to attach a screen recording but the file format doesn't appear to be compatible (from iPad or PC!).

Another frustrating thing is that the order insert fx are applied on the master channel appears to be reversed compared to Cubasis 2 so I had to add them in the reverse order to have I normally add them!

Back to Cubasis 2 again for now!

Comments

• Personally I wish that the drawing of velocity events would respect the active selection which it doesn't do.
    So the only way to do selective velocity edits is to make a selection, then use the velocity tool on the left side and swipe up/down...

With the velocity tool not respecting a selection it's impossible to draw velocity ramps for selected notes :)

• Thanks, @Samu - that is a pity because it is certainly possible in Cubasis 2.

Another frustration is that when playing back with the midi editor open I can't get the playback to scroll the midi editor window like it does in Cubasis 2!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks, @Samu - that is a pity because it is certainly possible in Cubasis 2.

Another frustration is that when playing back with the midi editor open I can't get the playback to scroll the midi editor window like it does in Cubasis 2!

That's another bug they need to fix :)