Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo: A workaround for easier opening of user creations

After repeatedly reading complaints about having to use the Files app and multiple steps involved until the shared Instrument Rack, Processor Rack or Module preset finally end, up in Drambo, here's a workaround until @giku_beepstreet has found the time to improve on that.

My suggestion: Always save the complete Drambo project and export it from Drambo's upper left hamburger menu, then choose "Export".
I will start doing the same for the time being.

From mobile Safari, download the project, choose "Open in... > Drambo" and there you go.

After opening the project in Drambo, you can always save the contained Instrument/Processor Rack and Module presets to their own preset folders whenever you like:

• Hit the module's header / name
  • Give it an appropriate name, if not yet given
  • Hit "Presets"
  • Coose the destination folder where you want to save it
  • Hit "Save".

Comments

• Im sorry for the OT, I started reading becouse Im still not sure if I should buy/not buy Drambo so I read most stuff you guys say about it regarding the workflow and then I read the words ‘hamburger menu’
    Started thinking about it, what could be there, cheeseburger, bacon burger, chilli cheese & bacon mmm, doublecheesburger & fries :o
    Its nice we have all these apps to play with while being locked in our homes but sometimes you just want a burger :(

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    Its nice we have all these apps to play with while being locked in our homes but sometimes you just want a burger :(

Go outside, fire up that pit and make one :smile:
    If you‘re around my neighborhood- come around. This is an official invite to you :wink:

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    Im sorry for the OT, I started reading becouse Im still not sure if I should buy/not buy Drambo so I read most stuff you guys say about it regarding the workflow and then I read the words ‘hamburger menu’
    Started thinking about it, what could be there, cheeseburger, bacon burger, chilli cheese & bacon mmm, doublecheesburger & fries :o

I highly recommend watching the videos that @bcrichards has recorded for us.
    Here's a short intro to Drambo:

• @rs2000 said:
    After repeatedly reading complaints about having to use the Files app and multiple steps involved until the shared Instrument Rack, Processor Rack or Module preset finally end, up in Drambo, here's a workaround until @giku_beepstreet has found the time to improve on that.

My suggestion: Always save the complete Drambo project and export it from Drambo's upper left hamburger menu, then choose "Export".
    I will start doing the same for the time being.

From mobile Safari, download the project, choose "Open in... > Drambo" and there you go.

After opening the project in Drambo, you can always save the contained Instrument/Processor Rack and Module presets to their own preset folders whenever you like:

• Hit the module's header / name
    • Give it an appropriate name, if not yet given
    • Hit "Presets"
    • Coose the destination folder where you want to save it
    • Hit "Save".

that would be nice.. but what about those of us that don’t appear to have Drambo in the ‘open in’ menu and no way to edit it into there..
    i am actually stumped on how to get anything from patchstorage into drambo?? please don’t tell me i HAVE TO use icloud...
    do I?

• @RockySmalls in Drambo you can import by browsing to the iOS download folder (which safari downloads to) via the Files browser pop up. Go to instrument presets in Drambo then press import button...

• The only reason I had a problem was because I was trying to open instruments from the Project menu instead of the Instruments menu. It was my lack of familiarity with the app that was the problem, not the app itself.

• @RockySmalls & @Carnbot Please try downloading this project:
    https://patchstorage.com/cross-modulation-xmod-example/

and check if Drambo appears as a destination to "Open in...".
    If it doesn't, open the "..." list from Safari's "Open in" dialog and make sure it's enabled.

• @rs2000 said:
    @RockySmalls & @Carnbot Please try downloading this project:

If it doesn't, open the "..." list from Safari's "Open in" dialog and make sure it's enabled.

I get the “open in Drambo“ option on the share menu. But it opens Drambo with an empty project.

• @Jocphone said:

@rs2000 said:
    @RockySmalls & @Carnbot Please try downloading this project:

I get the “open in Drambo“ option on the share menu. But it opens Drambo with an empty project.

Same here. If I Move the downloaded file (in Files) to my Drambo User folder (that I created) it opens fine from within Drambo.

• Same here...as most patch storage files are instrument presets I prefer the importing process, unless project files are especially required.

• edited April 2020

I just noticed that when I download your Project file from Patch Storage it has a Drambo icon. Drambo shows as a choice in Open In but when I downloaded a patch file from @3sleeves it has a generic icon. Drambo does not show as an Open In choice but I can import it.

@giku_beepstreet FYI

• edited April 2020

That's weird. It works here.
    After deleting the project in Drambo, I can hit "Open in Drambo" in Safari and Drambo will load with the new imported project.
    Maybe the beta version behaves differently?

• @anickt said:
    I just noticed that when I download your Project file from Patch Storage it has a Drambo icon. Drambo shows as a choice in Open In but when I downloaded a patch file from @3sleeves it has a generic icon. Drambo does not show as an Open In choice but I can import it.

@giku_beepstreet FYI

ah! now that’s interesting as the patch i was trying with was a @3sleeves one..
    thanks guys but none of yr other suggestions actually exist for me (???) don’t know why , except perhaps the import as instrument to a track.. not tried that one yet .. i’ll be back :)

• @Carnbot said:
    @RockySmalls in Drambo you can import by browsing to the iOS download folder (which safari downloads to) via the Files browser pop up. Go to instrument presets in Drambo then press import button...

ok, thanks Carnbot.. i finally found the import thing hiding in the track, rack presets , instrument rack presets etc.. quite a few levels :)
    seems to work fine here now.. but i’m wondering how those full multi track projects people make can be imported?? do you have to zip it first??
    i’ll try that.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:
    @RockySmalls in Drambo you can import by browsing to the iOS download folder (which safari downloads to) via the Files browser pop up. Go to instrument presets in Drambo then press import button...

ok, thanks Carnbot.. i finally found the import thing hiding in the track, rack presets , instrument rack presets etc.. quite a few levels :)
    seems to work fine here now.. but i’m wondering how those full multi track projects people make can be imported?? do you have to zip it first??
    i’ll try that.

nope zipping didn’t work.. brought up a lot more programs for ‘open in’ but none were Dramboo.
    will have to wait for beepstreet to implement a proper files browser for projects i guess.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

i’ll try that.

One way is to use icloud folder.

1. open Drambo and from burger menu on the left "open" create a folder in iCloud called PatchStorage.
    2. Copy the downloaded file from downloads to Drambo icloud folder/projects/Patchstorage
    3. open the file in Drambo from the project browser
  • @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

i’ll try that.

1. open Drambo and from burger menu on the left "open" create a folder in iCloud called PatchStorage.
    2. Copy the downloaded file from downloads to Drambo icloud folder/projects/Patchstorage

yes.. cheers for that.. though i don’t use icloud.. i am not connected wirelessly so often.. usually when switched off the icloud thing leads to files browser in most apps ( lumafusion etc etc ) but not in this case..
    it seems you actually have to be connected.
    question ( i could probably answer this myself though ) if you create an icloud folder then turn icloud off will it create that folder in files??

• @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

i’ll try that.

hi Carnbot.. weirdly.. i have now tried that.. switched icloud on for drambo , created the folder.
    BUT files will not let me copy the drambo project into any of the drambo folders .. they can’t be selected.. any other app folder is aok.. drambo is QUARANTINED :)
    this must be some background apple ios13 thing like what was happening for some people with Audioshare recently??

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

i’ll try that.

hi Carnbot.. weirdly.. i have now tried that.. switched icloud on for drambo , created the folder.
    BUT files will not let me copy the drambo project into any of the drambo folders .. they can’t be selected.. any other app folder is aok.. drambo is QUARANTINED :)
    this must be some background apple ios13 thing like what was happening for some people with Audioshare recently??

oh yeah, sometimes I see that happening on some folders but not often...not sure why

• @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

i’ll try that.

oh yeah, sometimes I see that happening on some folders but not often...not sure why

‘tis a mystery indeed

• edited April 2020

@Carnbot said:

+1

Just make sure you check the extension to import it into the correct place (done it too many time myself).

.drmodule = rack or instrument preset (no distinction for now but Drambo will soon block the loading if incorrect file.

.drproject = project file that is best imported using the top left project menu.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

i’ll try that.

‘tis a mystery indeed

Does the Drambo project have a Drambo icon? If not that is the problem. I found I could not copy Drambo presets into a Drambo folder if there was a generic icon but I could still import them inside of Drambo.

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

+1

Just make sure you check the extension to import it into the correct place (done it too many time myself).

.drmodule = rack or instrument preset (no distinction for now but Drambo will soon block the loading if incorrect file.

.drproject = project file that is best imported using the top left project menu.

actually yes,, thanks, i have since worked out that the thing i was having problems with was just a .drmodule file.. and needed to be imported into a rack as an instrument..
    i have since grabbed the THX .drproject from patchstorage and that does exhibit an ‘open in’ to drambo .. though only if i copy it out of downloads and into Docs..
    but at least i am sorted workaround style for now.. and thanks also @anickt :). the THX project did have an icon and hence was less of a PITA!

• edited April 2020

Personally I wish there was a way to select a group of modules within an instrument rack and save them as a new rack. That would be helpful when trying to organize and define components of a given patch - for example the basic signal chain of a single drum in my recent drum machine instrument. Right now though I can select a group of modules then paste in a new instrument rack, then save that as a preset, as a workaround.

Eventually I’ll make a project file containing several of my custom presets for sharing. The downside in sharing projects is that there’s still an added step of saving presets if you want to use those in another project file.

So far it seems the iCloud folder is the easiest way for me to import both presets and projects.

This app is so versatile, I’m learning new things and having fun doing it!!!

• @3sleeves Tap on the leftmost module you want to include in the new instrument rack, wait until the module turns green (don't worry, it will behave itself) and drag to the right to select multiple modules. Hit "Copy" from the black popup line.
    If the rack is too long, one trick is to use the Drambo AUv3 and shrink its vertical size until you can see all modules to select.
    Then, add a new empty rack, hit (+) and on the bottom of the popup menu, you'll find "Paste".

• @rs2000 that’s the method I’ve been using for now, just wish I could consolidate modules within an existing instrument rack too...because of laziness 😄

• @3sleeves You mean a rack within a rack?

• edited April 2020

@anickt said:
    The only reason I had a problem was because I was trying to open instruments from the Project menu instead of the Instruments menu. It was y lack of familiarity with the app that was the problem, not the app itself.

Same problem. Import from instrument rack, not from "nowhere" although feature request: file: import: click on file: should just import to the right place detecting what the file is. Then let the user know where the file was imported to after, using the success dialog box.

If you are still having trouble, make sure you go into instrument rack, and then try your import, as if you were importing it to a folder called instrument rack

• @rs2000 Essentially, yes. I suppose that’s a bit redundant, or maybe I’m missing something, but I’m thinking of a way to convert a selected group of modules into a rack preset.

• @3sleeves said:
    @rs2000 Essentially, yes. I suppose that’s a bit redundant, or maybe I’m missing something, but I’m thinking of a way to convert a selected group of modules into a rack preset.

Have you tried it?