Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What do u use to charge your USB-C iPad Pro while using headphones?

I have until recently been using a hyperdrive USB hub. An expensive bit of kit that has turned out to be a bad buy. The headphone jack connection has always been a bit fiddly, but recently has become so unreliable, in less than the space of a year! Connection is hard to establish and completely unstable, constantly coming and going with the slightest movement. I have a dongle but I can't charge while using that, plus it looks likely to break soon in the Sam place that all these damn cables break... I'm sure I needn't say here how much I hate Apple for making me waste money on crap to do something so essential as charge and listen at the same time. I have a USB hub but I prefer not to use it when I don't have to. Can someone suggest a (reasonably) cheap but quality solution to charging while listening before I end up smashing my iPad in frustration? ;)

While we are on the topic, these 2019 (2018 maybe, can't remember) ipads have irreplaceable batteries. How are people feeling about this? It really disgusts me. Especially combined with lack of headphone jack, and many of us will be making heavy use of our ipads for music making, which takes its toll on the battery. Such a pity that Android ​is not a viable alternative for music making.

Comments

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Headphone-Splitter-Support-Control-White/dp/B085SVJ63J/ref=sr_1_55?dchild=1&keywords=Usb+c+to+3.5&qid=1586058849&sr=8-55 his one is pretty Small.
    Just a 3.5 Port and charging port.
    And the battery is replaceable but need an Apple Store to do it.or authorised centres. Or you could do it your self if you are comfortable with tearing things apart.
    But the battery seems to be good.
    I have had my iPad Pro 11 for almost 2 years now and it’s still strong

• Thank you, I'll check that out. When I bought this I was told in the apple store that they don't replace batteries in these, but a see now from a quick Google search that it seems that is not true, weird that I was told otherwise in the damn app store, but good news!

• @Gavinski said:
    Thank you, I'll check that out. When I bought this I was told in the apple store that they don't replace batteries in these, but a see now from a quick Google search that it seems that is not true, weird that I was told otherwise in the damn app store, but good news!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Apple Employees are told to lie to sell..
    It’s just battery you can swap out.
    The only difficulty would be to make sure you don’t mess the camera cables and the screens cables while taking the touch screen off..
    And plus they are not smart at all, why lie that you can’t replace the batter when we live in a time where they haven’t found (at least known to the general public) a way to power Devices without batteries.🤣🤣

• I actually had quite a bad experience getting a battery replaced on another ipad. I’d happily give up a smooth back on an ipad to have an easily removable battery. Apple prioritise aesthetics far too much.

• I use Apple's USB-C multiport adapter to charge the iPad while taking HDMI out. I run HDMI into this cheap little box that provides right and left audio out via RCA jacks.

• Thanks guys,

Only problem with things like @blipson ’s multi port adapter here is that if you use the ipad in landscape mode on a Smart Keyboard, the weight of this adapter means the cable is likely to break too quickly...it’s fine if it is flat on a table, but that’s almost never how I use it.

• You can plug Apple’s USB-C to 3.5mm jack dongle into any USB-C port. That is, you don’t have to plug it directly into the iPad. So, if you have a USB-C hub that supports power delivery (PD), then you could use that to charge the iPad, and plug the dongle into a spare USB-C hole,on the hub. The Kenton Nucleum works for this — I’ve done it.

Not a neat solution by any means, but cheap and flexible.

• Actually, due to cramping, the adapter overhangs the flat table. I wrap and position my cables just so to make sure that there are no damaging stresses, while still having room to move the iPad around a bit.

• All this adapter. Is that really Apple vision of "mobile" doh´.
    I never thought that a simple headphone jack can be so great. Now i appreciate it.

• A reliable USB-C expansion port/hub that connects with a standard USB-C cable would solve the whole problem. There are one or two third party devices for sale in Apple stores, but I hear they have reliability annoyances, and they don't offer all the ports we need for pro audio. Maybe once Apple's gone 100% USB-C they'll come out with their own USB-C accessory to better support multimedia. I mean, Apple's so big on appealing to media producers and on the iPad substituting for the MacBook that it's weird that using iPads for audio is so physically awkward.

• Yeah the thing I got was supposed to be good, and wasn’t cheap either....

• Does anyone know if the new M-Audio Air Hub is compatible with the latest USB-C style iPad pros? If so, curious to know if it provides pass-through charging capabilities when plugged in using the AC/wall adapter.

https://www.m-audio.com/air-hub