Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo: New Metronome

edited April 2020 in Creations

Hi.

There were voices that find the existing Metronome in Drambo „to harsh“ – so i wanted to make a new one with its own components.

Just add the Instrument Rack to any Pad and let it do its work.

You can choose:
– 2 different sounds
– Extra sound for first step
– Adjust volume for each signal separately
– Adjust the character of „Tick 2“

In the end you can modify everything – it‘s just another Instrument…

Hope you find it helpful.

https://patchstorage.com/m-nome-metronome/

Comments

• This is amazing, thank you.

Would you be so kind and explain the patch? In particular I’m not getting what is triggering the „1st Beat“. What is „Gate inverter“ doing exactly and why doesn’t it have to be connected to the „Clock generator“?

I’ve just tried to recreate this with just a simple oscillator and an AD envelope, but failed miserably :D

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hi.

There were voices that find the existing Metronome in Drambo „to harsh“ – so i wanted to make a new one with its own components.

Just add the Instrument Rack to any Pad and let it do its work.

That's quite handy, thank you very much!

• @whiteout said:
    This is amazing, thank you.

Would you be so kind and explain the patch? In particular I’m not getting what is triggering the „1st Beat“. What is „Gate inverter“ doing exactly and why doesn’t it have to be connected to the „Clock generator“?

I try :smile:
    A Gate inverter just inverts the signal - think of a „key press“ it triggers when you press down.
    If you put that Gate inverter between it inverts the moment the key closes the circuit when pressed.
    The Beats per Pattern is time based, so when the Pattern is done the signal drops - i invert this to send a signal to make that 1st beep. This is why the Gate inverter is not connected to every beat (Clock generator) - it is connected to the Pattern clock.

This is why it fires a first beat right the moment you load it. There seems to be some connection (Sending a stop signal) when instruments/components are loaded in Drambo. The Inverter inverts it and you hear that „plopp“.

The rest is easy, right?

• Cheers mate, downloaded!

To raise the bar a bit. Could the next version also have 8ths? I’d modify it myself but not sure where to go.

• edited April 2020

@supadom
    Open the Instrument rack and turn the „Clock Generator“ right at the beginning of the Instrument.
    You should get it with that knob.

Please report back if you get it with that knob.

• @MrBlaschke said:

Personally I think I would get it with that knob, but I wouldn't get it with that brain of mine.

• Very cool. This is another good example of why it would be great if drambo had a function to show clearly on one screen how everything is patched together, as just discussed in another thread. As @rs2000 said, there could be a temporary revealing of the 'cabling' going on behind the scenes. That way people wouldn't need to spend time explaining it and others could learn how things have been done much faster. Definitely something to think about. @giku_beepstreet

• edited April 2020

@supadom @LeonKowalski
    You could also hook a „Scale“ Knob in front of the „Clock Generator“ - enter a 4 as Range.
    Hook the Clock Generator Input to the Scale Output, the Scale output to the „green clock“ right to the left.

If you turn the Scale to 0.25 you get the same speed as before.
    0.5 adds 1 extra step, 1 another extra step, etc.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @supadom
    Open the Instrument rack and turn the „Clock Generator“ right at the beginning of the Instrument.
    You should get it with that knob.

Very cool, yes got it. I was hoping that would react to swing and pattern beat division automagically but I guess that’s a job for mr Dramboss

• edited April 2020

@supadom
    Yup - guess so. The „original“ one doesn’t respond to that either, i think.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @supadom

No it doesn’t. Thanks for the scale tip! This has made it into a drummers practice tool! Thanks

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @supadom

That's intended because the metronome only sounds at on-beats while the shuffled steps are off-beat 😉
    Making the clock signal shuffle-aware is an interesting idea however!

• @rs2000 said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    @supadom

That's intended because the metronome only sounds at on-beats while the shuffled steps are off-beat 😉
    Making the clock signal shuffle-aware is an interesting idea however!

Yes that’s correct. The metronome is still in beta ;). I’d love to see 8th notes in there exactly for that reason. We’ll get there ;)

• edited April 2020

@MrBlaschke said:

@whiteout said:
    This is amazing, thank you.

I try :smile:
    A Gate inverter just inverts the signal - think of a „key press“ it triggers when you press down.
    If you put that Gate inverter between it inverts the moment the key closes the circuit when pressed.
    The Beats per Pattern is time based, so when the Pattern is done the signal drops - i invert this to send a signal to make that 1st beep. This is why the Gate inverter is not connected to every beat (Clock generator) - it is connected to the Pattern clock.

This is why it fires a first beat right the moment you load it. There seems to be some connection (Sending a stop signal) when instruments/components are loaded in Drambo. The Inverter inverts it and you hear that „plopp“.

The rest is easy, right?

Great, thank you, I got it now! I should’ve experimented a bit more yesterday, now it seems clear. When increasing „Beats per pattern“ to 8, it doubles the length until it get‘s triggered. Aha! This might come handy someday. And for some reason my own fresh test patch worked immediately now, I just had to connect the Env‘s gate with the Instrument rack‘s timing ~something~ :smiley: