Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best synths for experimental sounds on iOS? (Or - what would Hainbach use if he was an iOS musician?

Comments

• edited June 2020

Recording and running at half speed, reminds me of this post I did a while back. Original was a miRack patch recorded at 130bpm but played back at 70bpm with added FX.

• Very enjoyable, half speed is best speed definitely 😛, that sounds great.

• Haha, thanks @Gavinski.

• This will be of interest to participants in this thread. Watching now, very good so far!

• Love this, should be of interest to those following this thread

• @Gavinski Im annoyed about your TTAP video! 😡
    You had just sitting there the whole time. 😜

• @audiblevideo said:
    @Gavinski Im annoyed about your TTAP video! 😡

I don't understand this message haha. Had what sitting there?

• @Gavinski : yup, the Zoia is on my long list of hardware I would like to buy, one day. After the Bastl Microgrannie, the O Coast, the K2 and Model D, the Korg Minilogue XD... etc!

• Ugh, my app addiction is bad enough without adding hardware into the mix, but I know how u feel 😂

• Does look really good, what a shame it has zero connectivity - as so many of the most interesting and quirky apps do, sadly @iOSTRAKON

• @aleyas said:
    @Gavinski if you have cats you’d be surprised how well that technique works on their meows!

Another fun thing to try is flipping the ‘tape’ backwards, recording reverb, delay or fx from an aux return to new track, flipping it forward again, and then playing at half or normal speed. You’ll get delay or reverb swells that come in before the main sound plays. Like a peek forward in time ;)

edit: all over this track, starting on drums at about 55 seconds and guitar about 2:50.

Nice guitar tones! iOS?

• @Gavinski said:
    Does look really good, what a shame it has zero connectivity - as so many of the most interesting and quirky apps do, sadly @iOSTRAKON

The dev promised to work on a AUv3 version asap💪

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Gavinski said:
    Does look really good, what a shame it has zero connectivity - as so many of the most interesting and quirky apps do, sadly @iOSTRAKON

The dev promised to work on a AUv3 version asap💪

thank god! its such a cool and unique app. im excited to be able to use it in aum!

• Yes, but does he know how hard it is to make it AU? 😉😂

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes, but does he know how hard it is to make it AU? 😉😂

hmm very true. i guess we’ll see eventually! IAA or AB support would be a good first step tho

• Well, it's John Frusciante haha, not myself. This was also 2007, so most certainly no ios ;). This particular record was tracked on an API 40 channel console to 2x Studer A-800 24 tracks, on 2" tape. The album's called 'The Empyrean' highly recommend giving it a spin! Lots of experimental audio treatments to discover.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@aleyas said:
    @Gavinski if you have cats you’d be surprised how well that technique works on their meows!

Another fun thing to try is flipping the ‘tape’ backwards, recording reverb, delay or fx from an aux return to new track, flipping it forward again, and then playing at half or normal speed. You’ll get delay or reverb swells that come in before the main sound plays. Like a peek forward in time ;)

edit: all over this track, starting on drums at about 55 seconds and guitar about 2:50.

Nice guitar tones! iOS?

• edited July 2020

Quanta, Spacecraft and Borderlands to get the granular action
    Drambo, Mirack, iVCS3 and Ripplemaker , especially the latter two for west coast synthesis.
    Sugar Bytes Aparillo, Factory
    Shockwave
    Samplr, Sector and Poly 2 for some texture and generative sampling action
    Droneo and Polyharp = drones and beautiful chords
    Anthony Di Furia’s “Esoteric Bundle”
    Anything with an expressive interface and/or MPE support - Animoog, Thor, Magellan 2, PPG Infinite , Synthscaper, TC-11, Geoshred, Refraktions
    Cycle, Senode, Fugue Machine Thesys and Quantum - for powerful and generative sequencing.
    AUM + Enso,
    throw in some Fabfilter Volcano for some subtle distortion, tape wobble..maybe Pro-R
    And a smattering of Eventide effects (Blackhole)

From what I’ve seen of Hainbach, that’s the starter iOS setup I’d think he’d be in love with.

• Earhoof comes to mind as an app that walks on the wild side

• And I will add to the list Cality, Ioniarics, Mozaic, Autony, Aphelian, TC-11, TC-Data, Polyphase, Virtual ANS, Moebius Lab, Ipulsaret, Sparkle, Stria, Shoom, Ripplemaker, Idensity, Fieldscaper, Soundscaper, Droneo, Borderland, Spacecraft, Physicles, EsotericSynth, Sector, Fractal Bits and Skiiid

• Thanks to this thread I have discovered and bought a few apps that are blowing my mind like Loadker

• @Prog1967 me too! And I'm literally uploading my loadker tutorial to YouTube now. Will post a link here too maybe. Fun app!

• Mazetools Soniface and Mazetools Mutant

• Loadker demo! Free code available for it too! Details in the youtube comments section.

• @Gavinski said:

Loadker demo! Free code available for it too! Details in the youtube comments section.

Gavinski you are the man. On my way to watch the video. The one on Bleass Chhorus was really good but as I replied in the comments sadly FAC Chorus is the one for me

• @Prog1967 said:

@Gavinski said:

Loadker demo! Free code available for it too! Details in the youtube comments section.

Gavinski you are the man. On my way to watch the video. The one on Bleass Chhorus was really good but as I replied in the comments sadly FAC Chorus is the one for me

Ah, that was your comment! Cool, as I said in that vid, for me FAC wins on the level of richness of sound, but Bleass's has a few great features.

• @Gavinski said:

@Prog1967 said:

@Gavinski said:

Ah, that was your comment! Cool, as I said in that vid, for me FAC wins on the level of richness of sound, but Bleass's has a few great features.

You are slowly but surely becoming one of my favorites guys to goto and learn about apps. Thank you again

• Thanks man, very glad to hear it!

• @Gavinski said:

@audiblevideo said:
    @Gavinski Im annoyed about your TTAP video! 😡

I don't understand this message haha. Had what sitting there?

Ha. I didn't notice that I forgot a word, but you finally got around to it. Loadker demo!

• Ah! So that's what you were trying to say hahaha