Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best synths for experimental sounds on iOS? (Or - what would Hainbach use if he was an iOS musician?

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr thanks mate.... which app comes to mind? Modley?

• @david_2017 it’s your lucky day, Modley is 50% off. Don’t know if it can do all you are looking for but it is a very creative delay for sure

• @Gavinski said:
    @david_2017 it’s your lucky day, Modley is 50% off. Don’t know if it can do all you are looking for but it is a very creative delay for sure

I actually have it ;) I was hopping something like this could be achieved with tool I have in the arsenal already haha. Never got deep down with it though

• @david_2017 said:

@Gavinski said:
    @david_2017 it’s your lucky day, Modley is 50% off. Don’t know if it can do all you are looking for but it is a very creative delay for sure

I actually have it ;) I was hopping something like this could be achieved with tool I have in the arsenal already haha. Never got deep down with it though

There's also… Drambo

• Not sure on the whole xmod deal... But two apps that are forgotten sometimes in these discussions: Sunvox (Although someone did mention it here :lol: and zMors Modular

Gonna try replicating something on them later

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@david_2017 said:

Speaking of experimental. Does anyone know which plugin(s) could be used to achieve a sort of „Count to 5“ Pedal?

Pitch shifter in a delay’s feedback loop.

Yup. Try Modley. Can even midi map knobs.

• Thank you to the person who suggested Shoom by the way, its currently on sale, snapped it up and it sounds pretty damn amazing, great tip

• @Gavinski said:
    Thank you to the person who suggested Shoom by the way, its currently on sale, snapped it up and it sounds pretty damn amazing, great tip

Shoom is brilliant, so much possibilties of making 'weird' sounds.

• Can’t remember if it was mentioned here anywhere, but I am finding WaveFolder MASSIVELY up my street, definitely very nice for distorted ambient pads https://apps.apple.com/cn/app/wavefolder-audio-unit/id1289484131?l=en. Would be very tempted by their Ostinator app, pity it is not AUv3.

• edited April 2020

And my god, you have to hand it to LivingMemory software, they give good manual. So thorough!!

• Would add Moonshine AU to this list. These kind of panned rhythmic effects remind me a lot of what Hainbach is doing with the cocoquantus. https://apps.apple.com/cn/app/moonshine-au/id1329856244?l=en

• Well, the answer to the topic title is Quanta...

• Thanks, I saw that too haha. I know he uses quanta, the point is, if he were exclusively ios, no hardware at all, what apps would he be using.

• Hainbach is actually co-developing a VST/iOS app right now.

• Oh wow, nice. Do you know anything about it?

• @Gavinski said:
    Oh wow, nice. Do you know anything about it?

No more than that he’s working on it.

• edited May 2020

We do know about the app. It models some of his favorite test equipment oscillators, and features crazy stochastic modulation. He demos it here:

• Ooh, I didn't watch the superbooth stuff, nice share.

• @ohwell where is it though in this 7+hrs long video 😂?

• Oops I thought I shared w. time stamp. Starts at around 3h45m

• Thnx a lot

• Sounds very nice, especially with the bass tones. MPE too!

• edited May 2020

It reminds me of Berna 2, but not quite as cool:
    http://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/softwares/

• @Gavinski said:
    Analog Kit looks interesting, cheap too. Don’t think it is AUv3 though, and I’m guessing all this can be done by drambo maybe?

Indeed, Analogkit and Drambo share a lot of similar modules with Drambo having a considerable advantage in the sampler and modelling department and Analogkit including a math formula module that you can use for all kinds of insane stuff, including spectral effects if maths is your favorite hobby 😅

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Yeah, that developer's stuff is amazing. I got Substantia, very tempted by his other offerings. If he ported those things to iOS they would be instabuys for me for sure.

• @Gavinski said:
    Thanks, I saw that too haha. I know he uses quanta, the point is, if he were exclusively ios, no hardware at all, what apps would he be using.

Closest would be miRack I would say.

• For sure, don't think I want to go there yet tho haha, already so much to learn about other simpler apps

• edited May 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Wow. In love with his stuff already. Too bad some are only Mac.

Thinking if it is possible to recreate some of it with Ripplemaker + MiRack + Drambo + zMors + AUM + etc.

Waverails is an app that I don't know if the iAP is worth it (seems abandoned lol), or if its also something in need of being recreated modularly