Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would you say are the main DAWs/Dawless combinations on iOS in 2020?

In other words, how do you produce, and what would you recommend for others to buy?

Comments

• For me, mostly AudioBus plus AUM with Xequence, or nanostudio 2

If I ever would produce some music, I would mix and master in Aria Pro, me thinks.

I don't do sampler stuff, so fewer use for BeatMaker 3.

I have lots of Apps, though not all of them.
    But still way to much to get anything done.

I just like to play around, test things and so on.

• I produce inside of BM3, using mostly sounds from Moog Model D and Pure Synth Platinum.

• Cubasis 2/3 for me with hardware synths.

• The answer to your question is a moving target, I’m restless and fickle. I can say I return most often to the apps I’ve used the most: SunVox, MTS, BM3, FLSM, not necessarily in that order. Groove boxes and trackers are in the next tier, Elastic Drums, PixiTracker, Vividtracker, StrokeMachine, Loopseque 8, and up and coming Drambo. See how the list grows as I think about it...?

• I'm all AUM but the download of a 900+ orchestra sample set for Nanostudio 2 will get me
    working using more traditional DAW techniques this year.

Nanostudio 2 is extremely efficient code that will take the AUv3 scaling problems away for me. I'll going to run more tracks with Obsidian and build more complex projects that don't require freezing to audio intermediate products. When NS2 adds audio tracks more will join in this as the most effectively integrated DAW.

• Something about Cubasis seems to flow better for me. I seem to get more done when I use it. Just got 3, thinking about grabbing the IAPs, looking forward to diving into it.

• Xequence and AUM. The most stable environment. I can do all I want in there but it does take time. I will always use Xequence to sequence my midi. I also use Gadget. I overlook that sometimes.

• AB3/Xequence/ AUM or other app for audio recording like blocswave or a looper
    Gadget w all IAPs
    NS2
    Auria pro for audio stem mixing

• GarageBand, NS2 for fun projects, AUM for live guitar playing / looping and Logic on Mac for bigger projects. Still waiting for an iPad DAW to compete with Logic (at least in the slightest). I will make the move one day! I can feel it 😅

• edited April 2020

My uses are. Synth and eurorack(and now also my old ipad stacks to more percussion sounds than what my rack offers and also another output from it works as an external voice for my eurorack setup) through AUM on another ipad for FXs and occasional synth plugin hosting to mpc live(i might record jams in AUM before mpc tho). Sequenced from mpc and beatstep pro.

I dont think its a very common way to use ipads, but i think it adds tons of value for this sort of dawless hardware setup as well. I have used ipad in countless other ways as well before and its uses might change a bit in the future, as its such a versatile tool. I am considering on getting rid of MPC and moving more of tasks back to ipad.

• Cubasis 3, AUM, most of Brambos stuff, Lagrange, and all ToneBoosters apps. It will get you pretty far.

• BM3 and AUM right now.

• edited April 2020

Right now it’s NanoStudio 2 to create the track then export the stems and mix in Auria Pro. Zenbeats to create the track is good too but it’s still missing AU MIDI FX. Before that I was doing Xequence, Audiobus, and Auria Pro and that worked pretty well.

• BeatMaker 3 B)

• BM3 and AUM with Lagrange synth is most of my latest jams... Toneboosters and Eventide FX,,, gotta fux with Turnado as well for live fx tweaking

• BM3 and then into Ableton. And Audiobus if I want to route something like Model D or Factory and record it in Ableton. I recently “discovered” Ableton and found that it’s everything I was looking for, in terms of immediacy. Could do with more keyboard shortcuts though.

• AUM and Xequence 2 and AUM and Modstep

• Currently making drum loops with Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM multiout in AUM, synth loops in Groovebox, arranging in Blocs Wave and then exporting to Launchpad to jam/mix live then taking recording back to BM3 or Zenbeats to “master”.

• I do all my jamming in AUM. All my track production is started and finished in NS2. NS2 with ToneBoosters and ProQ3. Obsidian can do it all really and Slate is pretty good too - efficient and deep.

• AUM, with Atom Piano Roll, or Xequence 2.