Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another quick Drambo question: Filter envelope. Solved! Thanks guys!👊

Apologies for making this a new discussion if there is a dedicated discussion for questions like this (you may swear at me right below 😳) but:

I just built a simple 2-osc synth, here it is:

It works quite nicely, except the filter envelope (the green ENV AD 1): As I understand it, it should open the filter slowly after I press a key. I does that with the first key, but then it works only after I have pressed another five keys. So, it starts the expected effect only after I have triggered the same amount of notes as the amount of voices I have chosen (notice in the upper left corner that I've made it a 6 voice polysynth). For example, if I play chords as triads, the first chord sounds right (filter sweep up), the second chord doesn't, the third chord is right again (6 keys have been pressed, the cycle starts newly). I tried this with other numbers of voices, the results are similar. So of course, if I chose only one voice, monosynth, logically the filter envelope works the same on every note I trigger.

Is that the expected behaviour? Am I doing something wrong (which would not surprise me at all), or am I just not understanding how this should work? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• I think this has to do with the chorus merging all voices down to one. Have you tried moving it after the filter?

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I think this has to do with the chorus merging all voices down to one. Have you tried moving it after the filter?

Whoohoo, that works. Great tip, thanks a lot! Case closed already.

(Seems like I have got a loooot to learn...☺️)

• Yep, @NoiseFloored is correct.

At around 13 minutes I cover this behavior :) you can get some cool set ups with paraphony and multi voice routing, or you can just leave the mono modules for the end of your chain.

• edited April 2020

Ooops, one moment please, my enthusiasm was a bit premature.

Now it looks like this:

The filter envelope works as it should now, but the chorus doesn't do anything. If I swap it with a different effect (i.e. a decimator), it's the same. No effect at all. Have I routed it wrongly?

(and yes, I know that in the screenshot the mixer knob is turned down, but it was the same with the mixer knob open).

Btw I had already subscribed to your YT channel, but until now I hadn't come so far... will watch it of course.

• Maybe route the Chorus to the Delay.
    It looks like the Delay is still hooked to Filter.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @CracklePot said:
    Maybe route the Chorus to the Delay.

That's it! Thanks so much. It works, and actually, it sounds great!

• @LeonKowalski said:

@CracklePot said:
    Maybe route the Chorus to the Delay.

That's it! Thanks so much. It works, and actually, it sounds great!

👍🏻

• @Max23 said:
    U didn’t connect chorus with filter. They’re not the same color.

I tried, it doesn't work that way. CracklePot is right.

Aber trotzdem vielen Dank!👍

• edited April 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    Hm, ich bin wat Farbenblind
    Wenn’s funzt sollten filter chorus und delay die gleiche Farbe haben.
    Ich glaube die farbgeschichte funzt aber nur wenn du die gleich hintereinander geknallt hast ...
    Sind die Farben jetzt noch unterschiedlich?

Ha, schau mal einer an. App geschlossen, wieder aufgemacht, Patch geladen, jetzt sind Filter und Chorus violett, aber Delay immer noch grün. Ein Bug!!! Zum Glück kein großer.

• edited April 2020
  • edited April 2020

@Max23 said:
    Ich geb’s weiter

Ich hab noch ein bißchen rumgespielt und Noise hinzugefügt, und die Farben haben sich wieder geändert. Looks like this now:

Ist aber auch nicht schlimm, ich mag die Farben... 😁

Err, I mean, I like this whole Drambo thing...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2020
  • @Max23 said:
    oh ist kein bug
    das delay hat ne andere farbe weil es auch mit "midi" clock verbunden ist

Alles klar, danke!