Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Noob question about classic synth presets on synths

Some iOS synths like Poison 202 will have presets named “SH-Bass” or “SH101” or something which is meant to sound like those classic synths. What exactly does that mean though? For example, if I change any of the parameters is it still a replication if the SH101? Does using this preset mean that I don’t have to buy the actual hardware or SH101 emulators such as TAL-Bassline 101?

Basically, at what point of tweaking does it stop being that specific classic synth that is trying to be emulated?

Specifically I’m trying to get that classic 90’s Goa trance acid sound (Hallucinogen, Cosmosis, Astral Projection, Dimension 5) and they all use SH101, MS-20, and 303 for both that acid sound as well as for the sub I think.