Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini MRH clean/dirty edge explortations

I like to play at the boundary between clean and dirty with playing dynamics determining the amount of grit. Until now, I have been disappointed by the responsiveness of iOS amp sims. I am impressed by the Nembrini MRH810. Here are a couple of quick examples of that sort of tone for those that are interested in these sorts of in-betweeny tones.

Comments

• Some really nice jazzy changes and chord voicings in the Fiesole test nembrini tune.. lovely..
    I like what I'm hearing from these amp sims.. and yes, that fine line between clean + crunch is a hard one to duplicate with a sim.. will it clean up enough? It's always a good test.. sounds pretty good here..
    Getting nudged a bit further off the Nembrini fence.. (hanging on with one hand while shaking a fist with the other at all Nembrini demo creators).. :)

• Very nice sound you got there

• @Gavinski @royor : Thanks. I am sure with a bit more time, one could get an even better sound.

@royor : I'll try to find some time to record some totally clean guitar to give you a sense of its clean sound.

• This does sound really good. Is the reverb from this app or another app? Anything else in the signal chain?

• @yowza said:
    This does sound really good. Is the reverb from this app or another app? Anything else in the signal chain?

That's the reverb in the amp. This is my Ibanez Artist (w/passive humbuckers) into an iRid HD2 into MRH810 with no additional effects. I didn't do any compression on the output so as to give an idea of what the unadorned amp sim sounds like.

(@And_Nembrini )

• @espiegel123 .. Oh, hey, the inquiry of it cleaning up enough was just meant as a comment.. I wasn’t really looking for an answer.. or demo.. BUT.. if you happen to find yourself doing just that (a demo), it would be greatly appreciated.. By all means, don’t go out of your way..

• edited April 2020

@royor: here is a pretty clean sound...though I couldn’t help myself and set it so that there is a tiny bit of saturation that occasionally gets gritty. This is just MRH810 with no other effects.

NOTE: you don’t need Dropbox to hear this. Just tap the link and you will be taken to a web page where you can listen in your browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3wiouzw7ib9r8d/20200404 Gtr blues improv clean mrh810 Slight Edit-converted.m4a?dl=0

• @espiegel123 Awesome Solo Blues performance! I enjoy being able to hear the changes (which you played very skillfully).. usually more interesting than just running a Blues scale - although there's nothing wrong with that when you've got somethin' to say.. :)
    I was already inches away from snagging the MRH810 (probably the Delay3000 too).. now it's a done deal.. thanks for the push.. 👍
    I see from a previous post that you've got an Ibanez Artist.. was this also used here? It sounds like a good match for the Marshall.. I'm definitely wondering how my Strat is gonna fair.. that's the one I really want to use this with.. lookin' for that Jimi vibe.. 🎸
    Once again, thank you for sharing that.. cheers..
    -Roy-

• @royor : thanks for the kind words. I am pretty rusty right these days, but the MRH810 has me wanting to play daily. Yes, this was recorded with the Ibanez...which has a story behind it. I picked up cheap when I was in high school just around the time were forced to stop making strat and Les Paul clones. This was apparently an abandoned prototype. Since Ibanez didn’t yet have any sort of reputation for anything other than clones, it didn’t have a high retail value.

It is a very heavy guitar with solid mahogany body and maple top. The color is different from that of any of the guitars they released which were stained a more reddish color. They never actually manufactured this body shape.

The weird tunes no bridge and locking nut were added about 10 years later.

Here it is:

• Lovely, interesting shape! My question! Can the amp sim in question get the Tom Petty etc break up? I quite like the free Crunk v2 and use it it mostly at the 2/3% mark too. I have now downloaded the free PSA jr but I haven’t tried it. I’ve never really found the edge we talk about in IOS, something I think we all search for, mostly in vain! The only way I describe It is, The Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sound! I also got after the Neil Young Crazy Horse sound! If I found one, both or the other I’d be very happy!

One other thing! The Nebrini delay. The hold button? What does it do? I’ve not purchased it but may. The videos so far have not mentioned the hold! Explanation, video would be nice, I know Flo did do a video of the delay and Doug too, but, the hold feature wasn’t mentioned, Flo may have used the function, I just need to know what it does! I know it means hold if you know what I mean, but? Thanks for the demos, both of you🚀

• @Wrecked said:
    Lovely, interesting shape! My question! Can the amp sim in question get the Tom Petty etc break up? I quite like the free Crunk v2 and use it it mostly at the 2/3% mark too. I have now downloaded the free PSA jr but I haven’t tried it. I’ve never really found the edge we talk about in IOS, something I think we all search for, mostly in vain! The only way I describe It is, The Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sound! I also got after the Neil Young Crazy Horse sound! If I found one, both or the other I’d be very happy!

One other thing! The Nebrini delay. The hold button? What does it do? I’ve not purchased it but may. The videos so far have not mentioned the hold! Explanation, video would be nice, I know Flo did do a video of the delay and Doug too, but, the hold feature wasn’t mentioned, Flo may have used the function, I just need to know what it does! I know it means hold if you know what I mean, but? Thanks for the demos, both of you🚀

FWIW, I didn't love Crunk but really like MRH810. Which Tom Petty song's guitar sound are you looking to emulate? They had a lot of variety over the years.

• General valve amp guitar break up, without bees! Pettys band had a certain edge on most of their more rockier numbers, Mary Jane and many of the Jeff Lynne produced albums had it, plus more of course! Of course different guitars, amps, cabs etc used, but in the guitar world, The bands sound is very distinct! Called the Heartbreaker sound! The only sim I could get close to it was The lamented Flying Haggis, none since! I must admit though Crunk v2 sounded about the best of the bunch that I’ve came across to date! I’m looking for a general not song specific sound, one I can tweak to taste with different guitars. One amp one cab 5 different guitars! Holy grail I suppose! Obviously that ain’t gonna happen, but Hey ho🥃

• @Wrecked said:
    The Nebrini delay. The hold button? What does it do?

Nembrini audio creates manuals for their products:

https://www.igornembrini.com/Download/Delay3000/Manual.pdf

From the manual:

HOLD: When engaged keep the repetitions at max in a way to create infinite loop.

• @Wrecked : So, the sound you are looking for is the sound of both the lead and rhythm guitars for Mary Jane's Last Dance? I'll see what I can do. I was just reading that Tom Petty mostly got the distortion from a Red Llama distortion pedal. I found a few discussions that make it sound like Petty runs through a Vox that is set up for a clean sound and that the crunch is from his pedals. I can't verify that that is true.

• edited April 2020

@McD said:

@Wrecked said:
    The Nebrini delay. The hold button? What does it do?

Nembrini audio creates manuals for their products:

From the manual:

HOLD: When engaged keep the repetitions at max in a way to create infinite loop.

Great thanks! Helps immensely having manuals 🔎

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Wrecked : So, the sound you are looking for is the sound of both the lead and rhythm guitars for Mary Jane's Last Dance? I'll see what I can do. I was just reading that Tom Petty mostly got the distortion from a Red Llama distortion pedal. I found a few discussions that make it sound like Petty runs through a Vox that is set up for a clean sound and that the crunch is from his pedals. I can't verify that that is true.

Sort of, yes! I know the vox amps play an important part in that sound! They of course use others but the key I think is the Vox. I’ve had an old Ac30 1965/70 but it just set on fire many years ago and I’m afraid that was that! I had a vox 5 watt combo that sounded great, very small, volume, gain and that’s it! Sold I’m sorry to report! I can get close to the sound with my valve amp of choice at the moment, my trusty Jet city 20 mark 1, its more of a Jcm 800 on steroids, though hard to tame at window blowing volume! I’m after these sounds without physical hardware and mics.
    I’m reluctant to travel to far with amp sims as I’ve spent to much already and unfortunately, not been that impressed, apart from the legend that is Flying Haggis!

• @Wrecked said:

@McD said:
    Nembrini Audio creates manuals for their products at https://www.igornembrini.com

The right manual can be located from the Product Page.

They are very detailed and well done.

• @Wrecked said:
    General valve amp guitar break up, without bees! Pettys band had a certain edge on most of their more rockier numbers, Mary Jane and many of the Jeff Lynne produced albums had it, plus more of course! Of course different guitars, amps, cabs etc used, but in the guitar world, The bands sound is very distinct! Called the Heartbreaker sound! The only sim I could get close to it was The lamented Flying Haggis, none since! I must admit though Crunk v2 sounded about the best of the bunch that I’ve came across to date! I’m looking for a general not song specific sound, one I can tweak to taste with different guitars. One amp one cab 5 different guitars! Holy grail I suppose! Obviously that ain’t gonna happen, but Hey ho🥃

Started a new thread for this search:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38119/nembrini-mrh810-slightly-crunchy-demo/p1?new=1

• @McD said:

@Wrecked said:

@McD said:
    Nembrini Audio creates manuals for their products at https://www.igornembrini.com

The right manual can be located from the Product Page.

They are very detailed and well done.

Great news! I have numerous delays mind you, again though, on them all, somethings missing that I can’t put my finger on! Primarily, it’s for guitar and maybe vocals! Audio damage did one that I quite like, named? Is Nebrini the one? It’s a great price but so were the others! What does it have the others don’t have?

• The Nembrini is based on a classic Roland Rack Delay rack unit. It's got multiple stages with modulation, ducking and filter sections. Check out the manual.

The other delays are one button style stomp boxes.

• Thanks! Delay or not to delay?

• @Wrecked said:
    Thanks! Delay or not to delay?

Is the current price Delay 3000 an intro price? Not sure. Answer in here somewhere. I just hate the forum's search functions as a rat's nest of links to old stuff and rarely useful for current news items. Google spoiled us.

• Really liking Fiesole Test Nembrini.

Liking the guitar tone.
    The sustain is awesome.

It sings.

Lovely piece.

Thanks for the share.

• @McD said:

@Wrecked said:
    Thanks! Delay or not to delay?

Is the current price Delay 3000 an intro price? Not sure. Answer in here somewhere. I just hate the forum's search functions as a rat's nest of links to old stuff and rarely useful for current news items. Google spoiled us.

Ruined us more like! Yes I do know what you mean🚀 I already have the free version and countless others! Most in the clods awaiting a return or not! I’m very particular now with musical type apps! Once bitten twice shy you may say! I do like Nebrini’s focus though! Straight down the line, less options, bit like my Tiny terror! One approx setting for all the guitars with slight adjustment! Forget and play! Ditto my Jet city 20, designed by Soldano!

• @Gravitas said:
    Really liking Fiesole Test Nembrini.

Liking the guitar tone.
    The sustain is awesome.

It sings.

Lovely piece.

Thanks for the share.

Thx.

My playing is pretty rusty (I haven’t touched my guitar much the last few years), but this new setup is inspiring to me. I am going to get back to a daily routine...and hopefully get my chops in shape enough to do Fiesole justice.

• NEMBRINI PRICING STATEMENT ON INTRO THREAD:

Given the continuation of the pandemic we thought that it would be a pleasure to offer them a 50% discount until April 15th:

MRH810 intro price just $ 9.99 (regular $ 19.99)
    https://apps.apple.com/it/app/mrh810-lead-series/id1502907840

Delay3000 Vintage Modern intro price just $ 4.99 (regular $ 9.99)
    https://apps.apple.com/it/app/delay3000-vintage-modern/id1503345580

$15 now or $30 later. These 2 and PSA 1000 are the most haves... some debate over BST 100 being better but it is/was $20.

• @McD said:
    NEMBRINI PRICING STATEMENT ON INTRO THREAD:

Given the continuation of the pandemic we thought that it would be a pleasure to offer them a 50% discount until April 15th:

MRH810 intro price just $ 9.99 (regular $ 19.99)
    https://apps.apple.com/it/app/mrh810-lead-series/id1502907840

Delay3000 Vintage Modern intro price just $ 4.99 (regular $ 9.99)
    https://apps.apple.com/it/app/delay3000-vintage-modern/id1503345580

$15 now or $30 later. These 2 and PSA 1000 are the most haves... some debate over BST 100 being better but it is/was $20.

Well, being I have the free stuff, all of them, I’ll have to do my bit and buy at least one!
    The delay is nearly over, I’ll 🥃 to that!
    Need convincing on the paid amp gear!

IN general, Are the Nebrini guitar focused apps better than the rest? Maybe a different thread needed, for that question

• @Wrecked said:
    IN general, Are the Nebrini guitar focused apps better than the rest? Maybe a different thread needed, for that question.

Igor Nembrini is a guitar player and his apps emulate excellent Guitar equipment. Some of them are also excellent Studio Rack devices. They have hinted that the EVH (Peavey?) 5150
    Amp and a "Single Rectifier" Amps are next.

So, collecting Amp Sims is what the guitar crowd will do.

Get PSA 1000 Jr now for free. It's mono and will prove it's worth immediately and you'll
    pay for the PSA 1000 IF you just want 2 instances with a build-in stereo spread knob.

2 PSA 1000 Jr's on 2 tracks of a R and L mix will do too or just use a mono-to-stereo FX
    stage and Stereo Image app. For no cost.

• @McD said:

@Wrecked said:
    IN general, Are the Nebrini guitar focused apps better than the rest? Maybe a different thread needed, for that question.

Igor Nembrini is a guitar player and his apps emulate excellent Guitar equipment. Some of them are also excellent Studio Rack devices. They have hinted that the EVH (Peavey?) 5150
    Amp and a "Single Rectifier" Amps are next.

So, collecting Amp Sims is what the guitar crowd will do.

Get PSA 1000 Jr now for free. It's mono and will prove it's worth immediately and you'll
    pay for the PSA 1000 IF you just want 2 instances with a build-in stereo spread knob.

2 PSA 1000 Jr's on 2 tracks of a R and L mix will do too or just use a mono-to-stereo FX
    stage and Stereo Image app. For no cost.

I have the JR one, I’ll take a look at that later, because I got it for free, I’ll probably get the delay! Mono is fine for me! I assume, tacked on to the delay I’ll get a stereo effect through the delay! Example, ping pong! As for image, I often put one guitar left another right, sometimes straight down the middle!
    Thanks for you help, most appreciate it🎲