Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new battery for my dear old friend?

hello,

my ipad mini 2 is almost 7 years old. its running great on 10.3.2 and i still have a bunch of 32 bit apps that i want to keep

so, everything is fine how it is and i don't want to change a thing. my only concern is that my battery will most likely die pretty soon…

if i would send it to apple it would cost me 230 (!!!) bucks to let them change the battery…
i put off brand batteries in a macbook and an iphone before and they were worse than the old one after a short time

unfortunately the ipad needs a battery to start. it would be fine for me, if i could just use it when its plugged into a power adapter

anyone had some good experiences with changing batteries?

Comments

• edited April 2020

Last year I changed the battery of my iPhone 3gs, after about 10 years.
    The battery was still working fine but kept the phone powered for half a day only.
    No replacements available in local stores, but I found a 3gs with nice backside for cheap in unknown electronic condition.
    Didn't charge (battery too low), so I dissambled it and gave the battery a push from a camera charger (3.8V), then the phone started and charged normally.
    The battery was a different type than the original, so I thought: cool, cheap replacement, a 'new' back and spares.

Used the phone for a couple of days, all fine... but I forgot the internal camera cable.
    My best mistake ever because... this supposedly new battery was already swollen to a dramatic extent. :#
    Bit the bullet and ordered a battery online, what a surprise: same series as my original one, no problems, happy camper again. :)
    But: this part must have spent 5-8 years on a shelf, not good for this type of device at all.
    I assume it's about half the capability, but it last for 3 days and I'm fine with that.

So I can confirm your concerns regarding 3rd party replacement parts.
    On the other hand don't worry:
    my iPad One stills works great with it's original battery, as does the iPad-2 my wife uses for internet and gaming. Those old batteries must have been real quality parts.

• hey, thanks for the feedback! i appreciate it

the original battery is actually still okay, im just getting afraid from time to time

right now im trying to find a way to use the ipad without a battery and only on a power plug. that would be just great!

• I used a Mini-2 for a while on an Alesis ioDock (1st version), Lightning to 30pin adapter and some cardboard around and below it did the job.
    Those docks are cheap today, get a quality adapter, some pass only charging power and no data.

• I’m 99% sure changing the battery will reset the device and there’s no way to setup iOS 10 in that case?

I’m in the same boat but battery life is still very good on my frozen Mini.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just checked my 9 year old iPad One: 25% battery with WLan on, after sleeping for 2 months.
    I wouldn't replace a battery because it's unlikely the exact same battery is still produced new.
    So any replacements have been stored for years (as mentioned above).
    A powerbank is small and affordable, only a minor annoyance imho.

• When my battery was dying on my Ipad Air 1, I think Apple just me a refurb. No battery fixing.

• edited April 2020

@Telefunky said:
    I used a Mini-2 for a while on an Alesis ioDock (1st version), Lightning to 30pin adapter and some cardboard around and below it did the job.
    Those docks are cheap today, get a quality adapter, some pass only charging power and no data.

yes, thats great. but when the time comes and the battery is dead-dead, then i can't even start the device anymore. i had that problem with an iPhone, that already had a offbrand battery. i couldn't get it to start anymore. i still have that brick somewhere… the screen was offbrand, too. and i made the mistake to update the iOS on the phone because it was acting poorly, so afterwards it didn't like the offbrand screen and the battery anymore :/ it was too much of a hassle, since the phone was frankensteined from some friends parts

my ipad is my music device and it holds lots of music data and 32 bit apps that i don't want to loose. its just weird. i have synths from the early 80s that still work fine, but my newest device is about to retire…

• I’m using my 6s that has had a replacement battery i got on amazon for less that $20, and it’s been good for 2 years. Getting to be time to change it, I have another here I just ordered that I need to do it again.

I’ve had generic batteries in every macbook and my younger daughter’s phone has one now too, no problems. With her phone, I can’t apeak to there battery life because her phone always seems to be low, may have something to do with it being on just about 24/7...(she is 14). But she reports that battery life is much improved from the atate of the original battery when it was done.

I also have batteries slated to go in both kids’ old ipad mini 2’s, but one of them is in the place where I do sound and I can’t get back in there until the virus isolation time period is done.

To sum up, I’ve used generic batteries for a long time with no issues, I just make sure I read the amazon reviews and get one that has enough reviews to give me a balanced picture.