Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shiro sayonara

I just wanted to say goodbye Guys, i always find the forum ends up biting me. Its my second death but the final one. Helping drambo get stable has be great fun, alot of work and actually alot of work! You have to be OCD to the max. Its the dealing with people which is always the problem... or my problem.

Im off to study Bach (there are few chords in his work, well it’s certainly polyphonic)

Last time i didn't say goodbye, this time i will.

Try not to let them get you like i did. Trust the developer if the app inspires you and don't try to change it too much.

Weird to make a statement, maybe it’s useful, probably not.

Domo arigato gozaimasu
Sayonara

Comments

• Take it easy on that Bach fella ;)

• edited April 2020

@Shiro Please don't go. Don't let the prickly bits of others shy you away from your contributions to the larger group. You are a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.

Just do what I do...write that scathing reply to the person, and read it and then just hit Back on the Browser button and never send it. Just writing it and reading it, and taking the higher road is always better for you mind and spirit. No need to stoop so low to play with them @ their level.

I find that if you ignore the Noise and focus on the Good of what a large majority of people offer here, you can have a fun time sharing your knowledge and learning from others.

Thanks for helping on the Beta of Drambo...and all the info you've provided to date. Keep it up!

Cheers!

• Thanks for your contribution (and all the drambo beta mainiacs).
    We will be here if you need us

• You’ll be missed for sure, I’ve really enjoyed listening to the bits you’ve put out the last few weeks...

• This is terrible. What happened?

• edited April 2020

@echoopera said:
    @Shiro Please don’t go.

+1

@Shiro
    I think you are a good one here in this forum as many others too. It would be sad seeing you are leaving this special and lovely place. There are so much nice people here who will miss you.

I really think ABF is a positive exception in the Forum World because of the friendly people here. Keep your eyes on the nice things here ...

Believe me... 🙏

• 😊 thanks guys, very sweet! Really!

but I will follow the flow now, Im still gonna help on drambo, I believe it will become a very famous piece of software so you guys better keep up the content!

You turn now!

i think they will perform this in separate rooms!

• @Shiro said:
    I just wanted to say goodbye Guys, i always find the forum ends up biting me. Its my second death but the final one. Helping drambo get stable has be great fun, alot of work and actually alot of work! You have to be OCD to the max. Its the dealing with people which is always the problem... or my problem.

Im off to study Bach (there are few chords in his work, well it’s certainly polyphonic)

Last time i didn't say goodbye, this time i will.

Try not to let them get you like i did. Trust the developer if the app inspires you and don't try to change it too much.

Weird to make a statement, maybe it’s useful, probably not.

Domo arigato gozaimasu
    Sayonara

Soundcloud? Bandcamp? That beautiful chord progression brokenbeat jazz thing you did in Drambo that I commented on. Would love to add things to it or atleast be able to hear your music somewhere now that you are leaving, please let me know if you read this :)

• I get it man. The cheaper the gear, the more whiners in their respective forums.

Thank you for all of your help.

• You'll be missed. But i'm not gonna try to hold you here. If the place is not making you feel well, better not stick to it.
    Even more so in these crazy isolation days.

But if you ever feel like it, come back. Or drop us a message somehow!

Thanks for your good vibes, mate! :love:

• @Shiro said:
    😊 thanks guys, very sweet! Really!

but I will follow the flow now, Im still gonna help on drambo, I believe it will become a very famous piece of software so you guys better keep up the content!

You turn now!

i think they will perform this in separate rooms!

https://open.spotify.com/track/4e7uVDCn6jb1Hel3BZrvrQ?si=m53BqvG6ThqOIQc3I06CzA

• @Shiro
    That's a bummer!
    But of course it's your own decision.

I wish you all the best and that you'll meet enough people that give you energy, inspire you, help you move forward.
    Stay healthy and take care.
    rs2000

• @Shiro

Doumo arigatou

Full kudos.

• Sorry to hear that. All that drambo knowledge not to be shared is a tragedy for all of us.

If this is how you think you can fix the adversity, hope it works out for you.

• If this is about the piano roll stuff I don't think that's a huge deal. You've always struck me as pretty mellow, and even in that debate you were cool.

You should stay - take us to the promised Drambo land. Share your creations o master!

• @Shiro Your tunes in the Drambo thread brought me enjoyment in dark days. I hope you know that whatever darkness you perceive from the forums here is nothing against the light you brought in.

• @shiro You will be missed. Thanks for all you've done.

• @rs2000 said:
    @Shiro
    That's a bummer!

I wish you all the best and that you'll meet enough people that give you energy, inspire you, help you move forward.
    r2000

Lets be honest here you are the reason I decided to leave.
    I never been disrespected In music before.

You take care but maybe Don't get too personal in your debates. Especially when your point of view is not that of the developer.

• @Shiro said:

@rs2000 said:
    @Shiro
    That's a bummer!

r2000

Lets be honest here you are the reason I decided to leave.
    I never been disrespected In music before.

Please help me understand - What exactly gave you the feeling of disrespect?
    I've just double-checked and I really haven't found any chords in "The Invisible Man".
    No Judgement about that, and no judgement about any of your music that I naturally know very little about.

You take care but maybe Don't get too personal in your debates.

I must admit that I found the "bloat" offense quite disturbing, so excuse me if I have over-reacted.

Especially when your point of view is not that of the developer.

How do you know?

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

@Shiro Don't be shy or otherwise too sensible, please.

We are all adults here and there may be a reason for a little fight or some misunderstanding, from time to time.
    Had lots of that myself :D o:)

But so what?

Calm down, have a break maybe, and come back!
    :)

EDIT: This is about the Piano roll? That thing would be great for many, but those many can sure wait till the developers sees fit. And of course that may not have a high priority. No reason to leave forum for this!

• @Shiro @rs2000

Forgive me for intruding.

Let's not forget the bigger picture here.
    We're all stuck inside for the time being so
    our tempers are bound to get frayed a little.

I must admit I've come close a couple
    of times on my FB account for sure.
    Still, you are both huge contributors to Drambo.

I actually bought Drambo due to your
    combined enthusiasm move than anything else
    and for the past twenty fours have been happily
    exploring the world of modular synthesis.

If Shiro is going to leave then maybe let it be with peace?

Piano roll or no piano roll,
    developers views or not.

Big respect to the both of you.

🙏🏽

• @Shiro You do you, good luck in all future endeavors.

• After peering through the thread in question, here's the conclusion I'm drawing. It was a miscommunication as @tja mentioned.

@rs2000 the reply in question did come off as a little insulting even if it weren't meant that way. I don't think Shiro meant "bloat" in a bad way. He has his preference and you have yours. After playing with Drambo for a bit, I like it for what it is. Grooveboxes don't often come with piano roll sequencers.

However, I think the best solution if a piano roll sequencer is wanted is to use Drambo as an AU in your favourite host (whether that's Cubasis, Nanostudio 2, Auria Pro, etc). Then you get the best of both worlds mate. :)

@Shiro No offense meant mate, but one reply that comes off as insulting shouldn't be a reason to entirely leave a forum. Everybody has dick moments whether they intend them or not (and in this case, I don't think that was @rs2000 's intention).

As @Gravitas said, we're all cooped up. It's working away at our sanity to one varying degree or another. Let's all try to stick together as best as we can. :)

• Thank you guys, wise words that I can only learn from. ❤️
    All the best, stay healthy and help others stay well too.

• @shiro, tho I will probably never be a Drambo user, I always, somehow, enjoyed your posts and wondered if you are , indeed, Japanese. We are all a little touchy these days (ask my exwife girlfriend).
    @rs2000 is one of the most decent, helpful and passionate people on this forum. I doubt he really meant any disrespect or harm. It’s the medium, after all. Even zen masters disagree, but in the end they often share a cup of tea together. That is the ultimate resolution... a kind of spiritual throwing up our hands to the basic irrelevance and absurdly of it all.

Rumi: “there is a field beyond right and wrong. I will meet you there“. Often that field is ABF. People usually get beyond that black and whiteness here. Especially these days we are all in it together.
    Good luck. I hope to read your posts again.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hope my threads weren't a reason.
    But seriously, thanks for your advice and contributions. Really appreciate the help.

• @Shiro : I hope you will decide to come back at some point. You are a super valuable resource and contributor. I have really enjoyed your posts and hope you will come back.

• @shiro. Dude. Please the internet is full of miss communications..... it happens all the time and there usually is nothing malice behind it. My 2 cents is ignore what is said even if it was hurtful to you. Forgive and forget..... you have way too much talent to let that go to waste. Some day I would like to say to my GrandKids about this kind soul named Shiro who fought through some rough times and went on to help many folks on a internet message forum.

Remember written communication on the internet can get weird... and there will always be trolls or people that just want to make you upset.

I will pray for you and that you will rethink this.. WE ALL NEED TO GET THROUGH THESE TOUGH TIMES TOGETHER.

PEACE!!!

• Shiro, I haven't seen the thread that you referred to. The person whose words you felt insulted by seems genuinely not to have realised that his words hurt you so much, why not give things a second chance, life is short and you clearly love the forum and are greatly appreciated here. Perhaps just take a break of a day or two or a week, or as long as is needed, and then give things a second chance. Good luck to you whatever you decide!