Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo Bites Ep. 1: Building a Simple Synth - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

New series Drambo Bites starts today!

Comments

• You're the best, Dave**** (not saying it).
    Thank you for this.

• Thank you so much. I felt so lost about learning Drambo alone.

• Yep - I know these sorts of things can be overwhelming, and my videos are too long in general so it's a match made in heaven!

I'll be keeping these as short as I can with only one little bit covered in each. That way if folks have questions down the road, they can simply search for the one thing they need to do, and hopefully there'll be a video on it.

To start we'll just be building standard synths and showing off some of the more obvious modules to start. There are a million different ways to use Drambo, so I can't possibly cover EVERY use case, but hopefully this will be a way for folks to feel a bit less intimidated by it all.

Thanks for watching, everyone!

• Cheers Dave, will check this out later.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Cheers Dave, will check this out later.

It's perfect for when you've got 3 minutes to spare!

• Bites is a great idea for Drambo. Lets folks assimilate the information instead of running to the App Store to leave bad reviews 🙏

• I like this video format. Short, clear...synthetic

• @Daveypoo Only 2:45 for so much information! Well done!

• @Daveypoo Bite sized pieces? Great idea.. look forward to the series..

• I was going to by this app but your review ("Drambo Bites") has me thinking twice.
    Awe, fuck it. Get that %30 discount and wait for it to get fixed.

NOTE: I haven't watched the video yet. I'm sure 200 pages of beta test clues can't be totally worthless.

• @McD said:
    NOTE: I haven't watched the video yet.

You're missing out - it's 3 minutes of your life that you'll never get back!

@supadom - I agree. As I mentioned above, my videos tend to run long as I'm a talker. There's SO MUCH to cover here, I thought that breaking it up into tiny bits would help with digestion. And it gives me a chance to post stuff more regularly - editing and annotating a 2:45 video is much simpler than editing and annotating a 35:00 one.

• @Daveypoo said:

It could be faster if yo don't say "Hi". Under 3 minutes wold be nice. I hope everything you
    dofrom now on is in the "3 minute Bites" format. I'm expecting some @Daveypoo Bites merch too. I could use a new Poncho.

• @McD said:

@Daveypoo said:

It could be faster if yo don't say "Hi". Under 3 minutes wold be nice. I hope everything you
    dofrom now on is in the "3 minute Bites" format. I'm expecting some @Daveypoo Bites merch too. I could use a new Poncho.

https://www.patreon.com/daveypoo

• I might even get it now thanks to this- great format, well delivered.

• @robosardine said:
    I might even get it now thanks to this- great format, well delivered.

You'd be missing out if you didn't, truly. I've not been this impressed in a LONG time. Not only is the app ACTUALLY everything that it was cracked up to be, it's actually MORE. Getting a chance to dive in I can see the endless possibilities of this app.

I hesitate to use the term game-changer when referring to an app, but truthfully this is one that could rightfully earn that title.

• @Daveypoo thanks a ton!!!!!! All these people that say oh its so easy... just reminds me more that I am an idiot. LOL. This is very helpful. I should send you some cash for these. I think I will!!!

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

Yes, that was some perfect little video tutorial / manual :) :) :)

Many thanks!

• There's more to come - I just have to space them out!

• @Daveypoo said:

Whatever it is I'm going to spray it with Lysol and quarantine it for 72 hours.

• @Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Cheers Dave, will check this out later.

It's perfect for when you've got 3 minutes to spare!

Absolutely brilliant, really concise, and easy to follow. Will watch them all!

• Nice one sir!

• Excellent - I'm so happy that everyone likes this so much.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Excellent - I'm so happy that everyone likes this so much.

Because it was quick, I managed to build one of my own without checking back to the vid. Seems to sink in better when it’s explained quickly and concisely.

Good plan Dave!

• edited April 2020

@Daveypoo I like quick and easy vids like this. Very simple to understand the basics. :)

One thing many people may not realise is that the MIDI-to-CV module must be in place in the leftmost slot in order to get sound out of any synth you make. If you accidentally delete the module, it can be found under the Midi folder. :) (CV = Control Voltage.)

• Well done Mister Poo. Keep em coming (good to be regular etc etc).

• Good stuff, my man. I like the pointy finger emoji. Very effective 👈🏼

• Another home run Davey. Next Bite with cheese .....

• If I could have given it two points of the extra I would have.

• Bite me, Dave.