Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster - how to sync owned expansions on PC with IOS?

I own the Everything Bundle on PC and I keep seeing it mentioned that you can use your owned PC expansions on the IOS version of Synthmaster.

Is that true and if so is there a foolproof method written anywhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Adding to this, can I sync the Wonderland preset with the iPad version?

• @receder said:
    I own the Everything Bundle on PC and I keep seeing it mentioned that you can use your owned PC expansions on the IOS version of Synthmaster.

Thanks

I assume you are talking about SynthMaster player not SynthMaster One. Look in the menu of SMP and enter the email account and serial number of your desktop license and that should do it. Remember that some of the newer IAPs are not included in the Everything bundle. I had an issue with some of my desktop packs not transferring over which I resolved with an email. I hope that makes sense.

• edited April 2020

@yowza said:

@receder said:

Thanks

I assume you are talking about SynthMaster player not SynthMaster One. Look in the menu of SMP and enter the email account and serial number of your desktop license and that should do it. Remember that some of the newer IAPs are not included in the Everything bundle. I had an issue with some of my desktop packs not transferring over which I resolved with an email. I hope that makes sense.

This is what have been confusing.. so you can sync ‘Desktop SMP’ with ‘iOS SMP’? What about expansions bought with ‘SM1 iOS’, can they be synced to ‘SM1 Desktop’? 😇

• edited April 2020

@RajahP said:

This is what have been confusing.. so you sync ‘Desktop SMP’ with ‘iOS SMP’? >What about expansions bought with ‘SM1 iOS’, can they be synced to ‘SM1 >Desktop’? 😇

Not sure about newer IAPs. I think the desktop version transfers to iOS but not the other way around.

The original release of iOS SM1 didn’t include all of the desktop factory presets but you could get them by registering the desktop license through the iOS version. That’s what I did because I already owned the desktop version. The first iOS SM1 IAP was to allow iOS users to get all of the desktop presets if they didn’t already own the desktop version.

Edit: I remember buying a few IAPs in SM player before I bought the desktop Everything Bundle version and the IAPs didn’t transfer over but the desktop bundle gave me all of them on iOS.

I hope THAT makes sense. I think the desktop version comes first.

• @yowza said:

@RajahP said:

This is what have been confusing.. so you sync ‘Desktop SMP’ with ‘iOS SMP’? >What about expansions bought with ‘SM1 iOS’, can they be synced to ‘SM1 >Desktop’? 😇

Not sure about newer IAPs. I think the desktop version transfers to iOS but not the other way around.

The original release of iOS SM1 didn’t include all of the desktop factory presets but you could get them by registering the desktop license through the iOS version. That’s what I did because I already owned the desktop version. The first iOS SM1 IAP was to allow iOS users to get all of the desktop presets if they didn’t already own the desktop version.

Edit: I remember buying a few IAPs in SM player before I bought the desktop Everything Bundle version and the IAPs didn’t transfer over but the desktop bundle gave me all of them on iOS.

I hope THAT makes sense. I think the desktop version comes first.

Hopefully the Dev will drop by and clear up things...

Thanks..

• Thanks for all your responses. I will have a go at registering the IOS app using my desktop license.

The only issues might be that I already bought a few IOS Synthmaster IAPs before I upgraded the desktop version to Everything, and I also use a different email address under IOS than I do for Windows.

• It doesn’t matter about your iOS Apple ID password, use the password and email that you registered the desktop version at Synthmaster.

• @yowza said:
    It doesn’t matter about your iOS Apple ID password, use the password and email that you registered the desktop version at Synthmaster.

OK thanks. I will let you know how it goes!

• edited April 2020

@yowza said:
    It doesn’t matter about your iOS Apple ID password, use the password and email that you registered the desktop version at Synthmaster.

Ok I tried it....

• On the iPad I ran SynthMaster Player then pressed Menu and Registration.

• I pressed Clear and then re-entered my name and email and selected Yes next to "Do you own the desktop Mac/Windows version?".

• I then entered my desktop serial number

Nothing happened so I restarted the app and tried "restore purchases". It offered the two packs I had purchased on IOS and nothing else.

UPDATE: Despite only offering the two packs I had purchased on IOS after restoring all of the desktop packs are available! So success! Thanks @yowza

• edited April 2020

Email their support and see if they can resolve it. When I registered a few years ago not all of my desktop IAPs transferred over and they resolved it but it took a few days. You could always ping the developer here and see what he says. I’m assuming they still let you transfer desktop presets to iOS. Good luck!
    @kv331audio_bulent Can you help out?

• Thanks @yowza I will give them a shout.

After what I thought was success I just went back into Synthmaster iOS to have a play and now the Everything bundle has gone again and there are just the 2 banks I originally purchased on iOS.