Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini Mrh800 and delay 3000 in the style of joe satriani.

I use my luke guitar,an apogee jam,aum,and iconvolver.
That’s all folks!
I have not played this track since a long time,so,sorry for the approximative playing😉.
Flo

Comments

• Sorry,here is the good one😉.

• Really great tone and playing as always Flo

• edited April 2020

Wouah P....N !!! It's epic ! Congrats @flo26.
    Do you always use the same IR ?
    If so, which one is it (the exact name of the IR) ?
    I've been offered 2 OwnHammer packs, but I now have WAY to much files to choose from ; I'm completely lost 🙈😳😂

• kinkin
    edited April 2020

You should make a video showing exactly how you set up in AUM, show your settings for each app, even down to which IR your using as mentioned by @Gratouilli above.

Show us the process you go through, which apps and settings you use to get different types of sounds.

I think there would be a lot of us interested in this. Even though it's a sobering experience when i use the same set up and sound nothing like as good, it's still fun trying.

Perhaps @NembriniAudio and @ikmultimedia could help share your videos to help grow your channel if that is something your interested in doing?

• @Gratouilli said:
    Wouah P....N !!! It's epic ! Congrats @flo26.
    Do you always use the same IR ?
    If so, which one is it (the exact name of the IR) ?
    I've been offered 2 OwnHammer packs, but I now have WAY to much files to choose from ; I'm completely lost 🙈😳😂

Which pack do you own @Gratouilli ?

• FYI: The Nembrini amp sims include speaker+mic simulators so IR's are not really needed to sound like this. What's really needed is a lot of time alone with the guitar... no app to replace developing those hands.

• @flo26 said:

Heavy Hitters Collections 1 and 2... that represents really too many files to choose from. Theses collections contain "quick start" folders, but even these folders contain way too many IR file to test ; I just don't have enough patience 🙈.
    I've found this page to "help me" reduce the choices, but I still end up with thousands IRs to test... so I think I won't ever use them.

As Nembrini has been generous with us lately, as a long time JCM800's fan, I've bought their MRH810... I still haven't tested it, but I really hope the integrated cabs will satisfy me enough 🤞😉

• @Gratouilli said:
    As Nembrini has been generous with us lately, as a long time JCM800's fan, I've bought their MRH810... I still haven't tested it, but I really hope the integrated cabs will satisfy me enough 🤞😉

You are in for a treat.

FYI: Those OwnHammer files are meticulous but I really don't think you could easily pick one
    out of line up in a blind test. Once you decide where you like the mic placement and what Mic suits you tastes (Shure P57's and at the edge for me) you can really narrow down the
    options and just start comparing cabinets with you favorite mic and placement. Then you'll
    have a favorite for cabinet types and you can revisit the options of placement, cabinet trying different mic's. and repeat the swapping with the placements. You'll learn what are you prefer and can use yo preferences with other variables like room types, etc.

They take a lot of space in an iPad and you really don't need to keep them all around IMHO.

• Personally I don’t like IRs so much. All in all they are essentially nothing more of what you can achieve with a good equalizer, since they are just static impulses. Way better is when the cone and the cabinet are dynamically modeled to get a realistic response by physical modeling of the cone and its movement.

• @Faland said:
    Personally I don’t like IRs so much. All in all they are essentially nothing more of what you can achieve with a good equalizer, since they are just static impulses. Way better is when the cone and the cabinet are dynamically modeled to get a realistic response by physical modeling of the cone and its movement.

I also wrote a comparison to EQ's but I was schooled to learn Equalization was just one aspect on an IR but there are many time-based details needed too. Maybe we could call it a time-based EQ that adjusts the knobs like a CC automated FX unit. That might still be a over simplification. I do know from experience that IR reverbs suck up an amazing amont of my CPU and need to be used carefully to avoid mangling a project with a cracked work of art.

I think the main difference between the VST (Mac/Windows) and IOS products from Nembrini is they effort they expend to roll back the dynamic modeling computational effort
    to insure better performance.

• That was great @flo26 - definitely captured Joe's vibe.. tone, phrasing + note choices.. well done..
    I'm a Marshall + Fender kinda guy and I do like what you've done here.. Now.. Do I really need yet another delay (or amp sim for that matter) in my toolkit? Is this one so different than the others? Will you be using this one more than the others that you have? I know, way too many questions.. just trying to justify pushing the button.. thanks for the demo..

• @royor said:
    That was great @flo26 - definitely captured Joe's vibe.. tone, phrasing + note choices.. well done..
    I'm a Marshall + Fender kinda guy and I do like what you've done here.. Now.. Do I really need yet another delay (or amp sim for that matter) in my toolkit? Is this one so different than the others? Will you be using this one more than the others that you have? I know, way too many questions.. just trying to justify pushing the button.. thanks for the demo..

Just my opinion, but I find that this sim sounds more like a real amp. It doesn't have those high-mids that fatigue my ears with the other sims if I play for an extended period. Even though I can often eq around those, I found this was easy on my ears in a way that the other amp sims aren't. I also feel like it has really nice touch sensitivity if you have things set up in that range where you are not fully saturated. I haven't tried their Soldano. So, it might have that, too. I don't know.

I was surprised how much I like this. I felt an obligation to buy something from them after their generous freebies and am very pleasantly surprised.

• @espiegel123 Thanks for that run down.. easy on the ears.. touch sensitive.. that’s appealing for sure.. yup, curious about the Soldano too.. too many apps, not enough time OR cash.. Ha!
    Feel the same about purchasing some Nembrini apps.. they’ve been very kind to us guitar players..

• In fact Nembrini with these apps has brought the quality of desktop amp simulations to iOS, especially in terms of the sensation you get when playing the guitar, difficult to explain or highlight in a demo.
    Much depends on the excellent integration between electronics and cabinets, a factor that I would tend not to underestimate.
    The combinations made between microphones, their positioning and speakers, require a lot of skill and experience.
    iOS adds the difficulty of having to optimize resources in the best way to maintain acceptable latency. It is not easy and in this Nembrini has given his best, imho, raising the bar to a remarkable level.
    Don’t forget Igor Nembrini is the guy behind the great Brainvorx amp sims in desktop world.

• @Gratouilli said:

@flo26 said:

Heavy Hitters Collections 1 and 2... that represents really too many files to choose from. Theses collections contain "quick start" folders, but even these folders contain way too many IR file to test ; I just don't have enough patience 🙈.
    I've found this page to "help me" reduce the choices, but I still end up with thousands IRs to test... so I think I won't ever use them.

Try to indentify 4 or 5 cabs/mics combination you really appreciate and stick with them.
    The heavy hitters pack is primarily done for heavy metal stuff😉.
    What style of music are you playing?
    I love greenback speakers.
    Stay safe.
    Flo

• edited April 2020

@royor said:
    That was great @flo26 - definitely captured Joe's vibe.. tone, phrasing + note choices.. well done..

@royor said:

Thanks a lot royor!
    This delay sounds great!
    I’m not too much of an fx guy😉 but yes,if i need delay,it will surely be this one.

Do you really need another amp sim🤔🤔?
    Only you know this😉.
    I would say it depends on what you already have.
    Stay safe.
    Flo

• @espiegel123 said:

@royor said:

Just my opinion, but I find that this sim sounds more like a real amp. It doesn't have those high-mids that fatigue my ears with the other sims if I play for an extended period. Even though I can often eq around those, I found this was easy on my ears in a way that the other amp sims aren't. I also feel like it has really nice touch sensitivity if you have things set up in that range where you are not fully saturated. I haven't tried their Soldano. So, it might have that, too. I don't know.

I was surprised how much I like this. I felt an obligation to buy something from them after their generous freebies and am very pleasantly surprised.

Those hi mids can be essential in the context of a song with other instruments.
    It depends on what you are looking for.
    Stay safe.
    Flo