Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB DualVCF by ToneBoosters

https://apps.apple.com/app//id1505169270

Description:

Dual VCF adds motion, shape, and colour. It produces evolving rhythmic movement and complex dynamic filter shapes. It contains dozens of analog filter models with that sought-after sound of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Combined with envelope followers and intuitive modulation editors, it provides almost infinite possibilities for creative aural exploration.

Dual VCF features two filter sections, each supporting dozens of low-pass, high-pass and band-pass filter types. Every type is painstakenly modeled after analog filter types found in analog gear, analog synthesizers, and alike, including non-linear filter behavior. Dial in that characterstic 70s, 80s or 90s filter to add some analog flavor to your tracks!

Each filter's cut-off frequency and resonance can be sequenced with an intuitive, free-running or beat-synced modulation editor. Seamlessly switch between sine, triangle, noise, or user-defined modulation waveforms. In addition, these parameters can also be modulated with the built-in envelope follower.

The ToneBoosters DualVCF app captures the microphone (or external sound card) input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters DualVCF will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.

How to use DualVCF as AUv3 plugin in a host program, start your favourite AUv3 host app (Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others) and add TB DualVCF as Audio Unit insert effect to a track or output bus. See below on how to use Audio Units in various host apps.

Key features:

• The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
  • Two analog filter sections with dozens of filter designs
  • Intuitive modulation editor for creative, rhythmic and evolving effects
  • Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
  • Color themes for the user interface
  • Max screen support in Garageband
  • Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
  • Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch

Save and export of settings

• The stand-alone app (and IAA app) can load and save settings (locally on iPad, via iCloud, or via iTunes file sharing).
  • These Saved files can also be loaded into the desktop version of the plug-in.
  • The AUv3 version can export settings to be used in the stand-alone app or desktop version.

What you should know:

• Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
  • Licenses acquired for this platform (iOS, iPadOS) are not compatible with other platforms.

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Apple Garageband for iOS:
https://support.apple.com/en-hk/guide/garageband-ipad/chse67d3af5f/ipados

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Steinberg Cubasis for iOS:
https://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Apps/Cubasis/Cubasis_Help/EF_Rack.html

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=mixer_screen

Comments

• These guys can do no wrong. But I’m going to pretend I need to see a video before I buy it.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    These guys can do no wrong. But I’m going to pretend I need to see a video before I buy it.

Same! Would love to see this in action, but I’ve already spent a bunch on apps last month. Plus today with the Drambo drop.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    These guys can do no wrong. But I’m going to pretend I need to see a video before I buy it.

+1

• Thanks @White
    Looks like a cool successor to AD Filterstation 2.
    I wonder if it has a similar VCA mode.

• edited April 2020

This would have become my most used plugin overnight if it had had notches, I have been desperate for a drawable LFO notch filter for so long.
    Not to say it isn't the best filter plugin available already, it is, bought for iOS, tried, bought on desktop (I know he will add a notch at some point)
    This is the biggest plugin release on iOS/desktop this year for me so far, I can't even say how many times I have screamed for drawable modulation in a filter plugin.

• Just bought it. EASILY the best filter effect on iPad. Oh, man, it’s so lush and flexible. Great work by the devs. Keep ‘em coming!

• Anyone happen to know if this $5 is an intro price?
    Their apps are usually $9, and this seems on the same level as their other apps.

• This team is top notch. Officially in my instabuy category

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • But... I spent all my money on Drambo.

• @winconway said:
    Adding some movement to a Neurofunk bass.

Oh this is complex... but hey it sounds awesome man!!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• All I’m missing from them is a delay and a compressor with sidechain capabilities.

• @ahallam said:
    But... I spent all my money on Drambo.

You can always use automation on filters inside NS2 to achieve the same effect.

• @rs2000 said:

@ahallam said:

You can always use automation on filters inside NS2 to achieve the same effect.

Gee, isn't NS2 on sale? Still... GET THIS TONEBOOSTERS APP ON SALE. Assuming you're into
    audible vertigo. If NOT, what are you doing hanging out here?

• Is this price an intro sale? 😳

• @ahallam said:

After some time with the app you'll likely be able to do this in Drambo. ;)

• @supadom said:

@ahallam said:

After some time with the app you'll likely be able to do this in Drambo. ;)

TB deserve my money at some point for the great work they’re doing at ridiculous prices. I only had Reelbus and Morphit left to go until this showed up. I’m sure Drambo is going to suck up a lot of time until the next next next payday, for sure...

• TB apps all quality and bargains, without a doubt.

• edited April 2020

The app sounds great, but I can’t see s#!t on my iPhone 6s

• this things is perfect, so fast and sounds great!

• What happened?! One minute, I'm just quietly browsing the forum, and the next minute, I have $4.99 less in my bank account. Oh drat! ToneBoosters got me again. :lol:

• This probably just made a whole bunch of plugins redundant for me.

I assume this is the usual Toneboosters miracle of light on resources, light on the wallet, but candy for my ears?

Unfortunately having just bit the bullet on Cubasis 3 and Drambo - I might have to wait a little bit or face the withering sarcasm of my wife. Hope it's not on sale...

• Any ToneBoosters app is a must buy.

• I mean come on! Filterstep is Awesome and Free but DualVCF is like Filterstep on steroids! Powerful filters and a s**tload of fun. Thank-you Toneboosters!

• @cian said:
    This probably just made a whole bunch of plugins redundant for me.

I assume this is the usual Toneboosters miracle of light on resources, light on the wallet, but candy for my ears?

Unfortunately having just bit the bullet on Cubasis 3 and Drambo - I might have to wait a little bit or face the withering sarcasm of my wife. Hope it's not on sale...

I have a library of redundancy right now. It’s pretty excessive.

• I have no resistance to TB plugins. Another great one that sounds fantastic

• @RJB said:
    I mean come on! Filterstep is Awesome and Free but DualVCF is like Filterstep on steroids! Powerful filters and a s**tload of fun. Thank-you Toneboosters!

If Filterstep has not just been released I think this would been been a no-brainier, but as it’s a similar sort of app, it’s given me pause for thought, especially when funds are limited.

• If you have used Ableton, this is exactly like Autofilter but with more LFOs and two filters! This is huge! Sooo so good.

• About the sound - briefly one league better than filterstep.
    I only miss the possibility to have the two filtert in parallel (with pan).

Cannot have enough filter!

One comparsion allowed: Fabfilter Volcano (on desktop).

• edited April 2020

Filterstep is a good free plugin, I wont be using that or Filterstation again though, Filterstep does not match the quality of this or have the smoothness in modulation, and this does not have the multi instances issue of Audio Damage plugins, Filterstation has no drawable modulation either, if you are in to filters, this is a big release.