Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Expansions on the Way and More

We are proud to announce new expansions for Pure Synth® Platinum. This is our first round of expansions, which will combine sample required and non-sample required for the space conscious musicians. The expansions and explanations are as follows:

We also have the Full Desktop Version of FM TiNES for FM TiNES expansion. It's over 18GB, but this has been our top request for the people very hungry for the best sounds and highest quality.

Remember you can use external drive to store all of the samples and we've added BlueTooth support that will help eliminate some wires. Many users have mentioned that even thumb drives work and load pretty fast as well. Based on what Apple has done with iPadOS, we fill this is the way things are going for large file storage.

More expansions to come, including a ton of drums!

Also, for the super greedy guys, we do have the FM TiNES Full Desk Version of the Samples as an IAP: See more info here: https://desktop.fmtines.com/

Also, IMPULSation was released weeks ago for iFX Rack as an Expansion as well.

Comments

• Oooohhhh... Can’t wait for the 8-bit-expansion...
    Are these In-Apps or included in an updated version?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Oooohhhh... Can’t wait for the 8-bit-expansion...

8-Bit is available now on the newest version. The others will be available once the current version gets through review.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We are proud to announce new expansions for Pure Synth® Platinum. This is our first round of expansions, which will combine sample required and non-sample required for the space conscious musicians. The expansions and explanations are as follows:

We also have the Full Desktop Version of FM TiNES for FM TiNES expansion. It's over 18GB, but this has been our top request for the people very hungry for the best sounds and highest quality.

Remember you can use external drive to store all of the samples and we've added BlueTooth support that will help eliminate some wires. Many users have mentioned that even thumb drives work and load pretty fast as well. Based on what Apple has done with iPadOS, we fill this is the way things are going for large file storage.

Also, for the super greedy guys, we do have the FM TiNES Full Desk Version of the Samples as an IAP: See more info here: https://desktop.fmtines.com/

Wonderful, really appreciated.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    Oooohhhh... Can’t wait for the 8-bit-expansion...

8-Bit is available now on the newest version. The others will be available once the current version gets through review.

Just saw it. Bought.

• edited April 2020

Hey @GospelMusicians
    Do these expansion packs offer everything that’s already in BASSalicious 2 and FM Tines?
    I realise the FM Tines expansion contains MORE than the current app
    Wondering if could delete those apps to save space and just use PSP with the expansions instead - I’m pretty sure the UI and functionality is identical between those 3 apps.

• @TimRussell said:
    Hey @GospelMusicians
    Do these expansion packs offer everything that’s already in BASSalicious 2 and FM Tines?
    Wondering if could delete those apps to save space and just use PSP with the expansions instead - I’m pretty sure the UI and functionality is identical between those 3 apps.

The FM Tines Expansion uses 18GB. Believe it or not, our emails are flooded with people wanting the full Desktop version. So technically it's more space than the original FM Tines that was scaled down.

• Looking forward to more of these :-)

• @GospelMusicians said:

@TimRussell said:
    Hey @GospelMusicians

The FM Tines Expansion uses 18GB. Believe it or not, our emails are flooded with people wanting the full Desktop version. So technically it's more space than the original FM Tines that was scaled down.

but are there two options like in PSP - ipad only and external storage? Or all Tines requires external SSD?

• @GospelMusicians said:

I'm confused. If I already have Bassalicious 2, is there any point in getting these updates? I'm not sure why the bass samples would now be put into PureSynth. I know I'm missing something here, just don't know what it is...! Cheers.

• @audio_DT said:

@GospelMusicians said:

I'm confused. If I already have Bassalicious 2, is there any point in getting these updates? I'm not sure why the bass samples would now be put into PureSynth. I know I'm missing something here, just don't know what it is...! Cheers.

Edit: just noticed that it says you get the BASSalicious sounds for free if you already have the bass app, which I do. But how do I download them without paying? Also, what’s the utility of having these sounds in pure synth rather than BASSalicious? Thanks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:
    @audio_DT Imo, this is the best business-model, one app with IAP’s means an easier maintenance for them, less bugs for us, and more updates with new IAP.
    PSP is a serious competitor of Sampletank now 👍 AUv3 makes the difference!
    And last but not least, one app means more visibility.

So PureSynth becomes a single app for bass, FM Tines, etc.? I've got all these apps, but how do I transfer all the samples from Bassalicious into PureSynth?? Cheers!

• We get these questions all of the time and we understand from a consumer standpoint things may be confusing, but we will try to address any confusion

Business Model

There are just some customers that only want BASSailcious and never would even think about purchasing Pure Synth. There are some customers that would only want FM TiNES and never think about BASSalicious. Then there are some customers that want one single app and have a choice of buying other expansions. So in business there is a term called "product diversification," which allows the business to provide a various different products and IAPs in order to hopefully increase revenue. It's just all about providing different options

UPDATE on FREE Upgrade

We will have to update our site, because we had to ditch the FREE update for existing BASSalcious users for the Pure Synth IAPs. After hours and hours of testing, it is just too darn hard to do. Apple's StoreKit has a certain way of doing things and when you go out side of that, then the bugs and crashes just become unmanageable to bear. We wish Apple had something for crossgrades, but they just don't, so when you cook up your own stuff out side of Apple, it gets very difficult.

If you have BASSalicious and Pure Synth, there is no need to update the IAPs.

Requiring External SSD

You do not need an external SSD to run any of our expansions or sounds. Everything can be loaded on the iPad. But for huge downloads like FM TiNES, we do recommend very fast Wi-Fi.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We get these questions all of the time and we understand from a consumer standpoint things may be confusing, but we will try to address any confusion

Business Model

There are just some customers that only want BASSailcious and never would even think about purchasing Pure Synth. There are some customers that would only want FM TiNES and never think about BASSalicious. Then there are some customers that want one single app and have a choice of buying other expansions. So in business there is a term called "product diversification," which allows the business to provide a various different products and IAPs in order to hopefully increase revenue. It's just all about providing different options

UPDATE on FREE Upgrade

We will have to update our site, because we had to ditch the FREE update for existing BASSalcious users for the Pure Synth IAPs. After hours and hours of testing, it is just too darn hard to do. Apple's StoreKit has a certain way of doing things and when you go out side of that, then the bugs and crashes just become unmanageable to bear. We wish Apple had something for crossgrades, but they just don't, so when you cook up your own stuff out side of Apple, it gets very difficult.

If you have BASSalicious and Pure Synth, there is no need to update the IAPs.

Requiring External SSD

You do not need an external SSD to run any of our expansions or sounds. Everything can be loaded on the iPad. But for huge downloads like FM TiNES, we do recommend very fast Wi-Fi.

All good, but doesn’t this confer an advantage to those who haven’t purchased, say, bassalicious, in that they get its content in pure synth for a lesser price? And presumably you will only now be updating the bass sounds that go in pure synth, meaning that those of us who bought all of your apps will be left a little out in the cold on this one? Sorry if this is not the case - just wondering.

• @GospelMusicians external ssd support was the best implementation ever made. If only other developers have done this. I have my iPad filled with sampletank, beat hawk, isymphonic and Syntronik samples that are waiting to be transferred on external ssd. I will buy all your IAP. Love your apps.

• All good, but doesn’t this confer an advantage to those who haven’t purchased, say, bassalicious, in that they get its content in pure synth for a lesser price? And presumably you will only now be updating the bass sounds that go in pure synth, meaning that those of us who bought all of your apps will be left a little out in the cold on this one? Sorry if this is not the case - just wondering.

Not quite true.....If you purchased BASSalicious and Pure Synth, you paid $35 for both. If you purchased Pure Synth + the BASSalicious expansions you would pay: $37.00.

As well there will be Expansion packs coming for BASSalicious as well. BASSalcioius is not going away. We have plans for some high quality Electric Bass sounds as well as more sound packs.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Awesome. Great news. @GospelMusicians

Thanks so much for your support!

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @GospelMusicians external ssd support was the best implementation ever made. If only other developers have done this. I have my iPad filled with sampletank, beat hawk, isymphonic and Syntronik samples that are waiting to be transferred on external ssd. I will buy all your IAP. Love your apps.

Thanks so much....we are curious as to why others have not adopted this as well, but being able to store your huge high quality samples offline is a game changer.

• How come for me it’s cheaper to buy the FM Tines Desktop IAP through the FM tines app then it is buying the PSP version? Any differences?

$9.99 in FM app, 13.99 in PSP app

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    How come for me it’s cheaper to buy the FM Tines Desktop IAP through the FM tines app then it is buying the PSP version? Any differences?

$9.99 in FM app, 13.99 in PSP app

What country are you in. in PSP it's $9.99 and in FM Tines it's $6.99

• Ok I’m in Canada so the prices seem right, but isn’t it the same content Download on both. So I guess I buy the FM tines IAP since it’s cheaper and the same thing

• @GospelMusicians if I already have your BASSalicious 1 and 2 and fm tines are they the same as the one presented as IAP in pure platinum?

Gonna buy the other 3 edm leads, ranched 808 and fm tines desktop version.

For the fm tines expansion as soon as I can connect iPad to ethernet😜

• This is super cool. In regards to the App upgrade, any ideas how Korg Gadget did it for their other apps? From analysing their app storage, they do share the same storage folder. Maybe there's an internal flag that says that a particular app is downloaded?

• @Samflash3 said:
    This is super cool. In regards to the App upgrade, any ideas how Korg Gadget did it for their other apps? From analysing their app storage, they do share the same storage folder. Maybe there's an internal flag that says that a particular app is downloaded?

Nope...Apps are Sandboxed, so everything has to go through the StoreKit. It's not that it's not possible, it's just that it runs the risk of affecting genuine purchases.

• @GospelMusicians said:

All good, but doesn’t this confer an advantage to those who haven’t purchased, say, bassalicious, in that they get its content in pure synth for a lesser price? And presumably you will only now be updating the bass sounds that go in pure synth, meaning that those of us who bought all of your apps will be left a little out in the cold on this one? Sorry if this is not the case - just wondering.

Not quite true.....If you purchased BASSalicious and Pure Synth, you paid $35 for both. If you purchased Pure Synth + the BASSalicious expansions you would pay: $37.00.

As well there will be Expansion packs coming for BASSalicious as well. BASSalcioius is not going away. We have plans for some high quality Electric Bass sounds as well as more sound packs.

Great stuff, thanks for all that info. Sorry for being a bit moany B)

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Samflash3 said:
    This is super cool. In regards to the App upgrade, any ideas how Korg Gadget did it for their other apps? From analysing their app storage, they do share the same storage folder. Maybe there's an internal flag that says that a particular app is downloaded?

Nope...Apps are Sandboxed, so everything has to go through the StoreKit. It's not that it's not possible, it's just that it runs the risk of affecting genuine purchases.

Here’s what I mean regarding the app. There’s a Korg Folder in my storage. The 3 Korg Apps I have are Gadget, Electribe Wave, and Mono/Poly.

• edited April 2020

[edited] I see update now :)

• @GospelMusicians 2 Quick questions,

1. so 8-bit, 808, EDM Leads, and Bassalicious 1 don't add any additional storage to the app, but bassalicious 2, and FM Tines do? Correct?

2. Also I really want the FM Tines, but don’t know if I have the space, its 10gb right? And that’s In addition to the size PSP already uses? Unfortunately I don’t have a SSD drive or it wouldn’t be a problem, I only have regular External Hard Drives.

• Kymatica does that too. AUM and Audioshare have shared data.