Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Legacy device • iPad mini 2, iOS 10.3.3 — What apps to preserve?

I decided to get an extra iPad mini 2 to get vidibox running on an older iOS version, for which vidibox probably was designed for. I managed to revert from iOS 12 to iOS 10.3.3 — was a little bit tricky though.

I am relatively new to iOS music making. Debuted on iOS 12. So I missed at least a decade of music app highlights.

Since I now have that device that is like a time machine, what legacy app should I check out???

Comments

• Propellerheads ReBirth

• edited April 2020

Camel Audio’s Alchemy Synth Mobile app.

• edited April 2020

Nanostudio 1. It has its own charm and it's great for MPC-style sampling to pads.
    It also has very low latency and works quite well when triggered by drum pads.
    My ideal dock for the Mini 2: Focusrite iTrack Dock.

• @philowerx said:
    Camel Audio’s Alchemy Synth Mobile app.

THIS! I still regret to not stay on an iOS version with an old idevice which let me use this. From all iOS synths ever this was the very best thing for the kind of music i like to do. There is still nothing like this elsewhere.
    Even if it was a stripped down version i liked it often more than the desktop version to perform these wonderful morphing sounds. Nothing on iOS can do that really. I miss it.