Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo has its own venue on Patchstorage now! 😃

Comments

• I have some problem using some patches in Drambo, too. One solution is to download the patch and put it in iCloud/Drambo/projects folder. You can them open it from Drambo and if you want, save it on your I pad (save as)

• @Phil999 said:
    @rs2000 sorry about that, didn't expect the zippy links to not function. And also didn't know about attachments here.

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look soon 👍🏼

• I think this might be the mini metro version of the @Yoni patch. I wanted to do what he did but ended up with this ...
    https://patchstorage.com/grainy/

• @supadom said:

@reasOne said:
    that sounds really nice @supadom !

Cheers man. I’d love to make more sample and synth combinations with clicks and knocks and noises but I’m wary of uploading patches that folks have problems downloading. What’s the file size limit at patchstorage? I see they limit file size for icons and avatars.

the only one i had a problem getting to work was the maths tutorial, i think once people understand how to open it should not be a problem.. not sure on file sze

• edited April 2020

Dr Ambo 5 part drum synthesizer.

Think Tokyo but different.

For best results download and import as rack preset and not instrument module preset.

https://patchstorage.com/dr-ambo-drum-synthesizer/

• edited April 2020

Hey Everyone,

I just uploaded a project on patch storage. It’s my best effort at recreating a Digitakt. Link is here if you want to check it out : https://patchstorage.com/the-taktful-drambo/

I’m really more interested in the issues I’ve had creating this and was hoping the community could help me either learn where I messed up, or bring some bugs to light.
    1) I can’t seem to live record a pattern using the layer keys (c2-c3 white keys).
    2) I originally tried setting up each layer into a mixer so I could have a reverb and feedback layer (outside of the sample layers) where I had an adjustable input for each layer. When I set each mixer knob to each layer it input the whole instrument through each mixer knob I added. So, I had to create an FX per layer.

Things it can’t do that a Digitakt can:
    1) sample per step. The Digitakt works off a sample bank that you load up per project allowing you to change a sample per step on a layer/track
    2) play a layer chromatically. Currently the only way I could figure to change a midi note per layer is to transpose.

Things it can do that the Digitakt can’t:

Too much to wrap my head around.

I hope you get some use out of it if you check it out and I’d love some feedback to see where I can improve. Thanks!

• @ImortalTrashcan said:
    Hey Everyone,

I just uploaded a project on patch storage. It’s my best effort at recreating a Digitakt. Link is here if you want to check it out : https://patchstorage.com/the-taktful-drambo/

I’m really more interested in the issues I’ve had creating this and was hoping the community could help me either learn where I messed up, or bring some bugs to light.
    1) I can’t seem to live record a pattern using the layer keys (c2-c3 white keys).
    2) I originally tried setting up each layer into a mixer so I could have a reverb and feedback layer (outside of the sample layers) where I had an adjustable input for each layer. When I set each mixer knob to each layer it input the whole instrument through each mixer knob I added. So, I had to create an FX per layer.

1) sample per step. The Digitakt works off a sample bank that you load up per project allowing you to change a sample per step on a layer/track
    2) play a layer chromatically. Currently the only way I could figure to change a midi note per layer is to transpose.

Things it can do:

Too much to wrap my head around.

I hope you get some use out of it if you check it out and I’d love some feedback to see where I can improve.

The best place to ask these questions is on the Drambo forum. You'll get a better response.

• @ImortalTrashcan said:
    Hey Everyone,

I don't quite understand what you mean by layer keys. Do you mean the piano keys.

That seems odd. I'll have a look and see if I can work that out.

You can create sample banks. Think you can have up to four per note (different velocities). There are some youtube videos on this.

You can, but you have to use the keynote value - I'll see if I can modify your patch to do this.

• @cian said:

The best place to ask these questions is on the Drambo forum. You'll get a better response.

Thanks I’ll jump on there a bit later

@cian said:

@ImortalTrashcan said:
    Hey Everyone,

I don't quite understand what you mean by layer keys. Do you mean the piano keys.

I hope my responses to your responses is coherent when I click the reply, sorry in advance if they aren’t. I think a more complete term would be layer trigger keys. I currently have it set to where C2 will only trigger layer 1 (theC2 layer) but when I hit the record and try to play the layers live the specific note triggering each layer will not record. But I can get the unused notes to record.

That seems odd. I'll have a look and see if I can work that out.

Also there would need to be a feedback from the delay to the reverb to be more accurate but I couldn’t find the right way to do this, if it’s possible.

You can create sample banks. Think you can have up to four per note (different velocities). There are some youtube videos on this.

I understand this concept and it would work as a work around. On the Digitakt I would have to load samples into a bank for the whole project and then each track would need the specific sample number in the bank for each sample, so you could put an LFO or change a sample per step to any of the 128 sample slots available at any step on any track. This would be a feature request more than anything.

You can, but you have to use the keynote value - I'll see if I can modify your patch to do this.

I’m interested in what this looks like. My intention would be to lock a keyboard to a layer and play the sample chromatically. But due to me condensing this down to an instrument I ran into a lot of headaches trying to lock a keyboard to just one layer to just pitch the sample.

• I made this probability patch the other day, which I have really been enjoying just letting it drone away in the background. Nothing fancy set up, just a drone in a single chord, with some fx sprinkled on top.

https://patchstorage.com/probable-chord/

• edited April 2020

@jolico said:
    https://patchstorage.com/sh-101/

SH-101 on Drambo.

Enjoy.

Oooooh...sounds sick

• @echoopera said:

@jolico said:
    https://patchstorage.com/sh-101/

SH-101 on Drambo.

Enjoy.

Oooooh...sounds sick

Thanks 😊

• This might be very niche but I have uploaded a Mozaic path to use the Novation Circuit with Drambo. I am not a programmer so any feedback is welcome but might be beyond me to fix.

https://patchstorage.com/drambo-circuit-enabler/

• @kewtips said:
    This might be very niche but I have uploaded a Mozaic path to use the Novation Circuit with Drambo. I am not a programmer so any feedback is welcome but might be beyond me to fix.

Great one!
    I don't own the Circuit but I bet that quite a few Drambonians have one... right folks? 😉

• I uploaded a patch some time back that might be interesting for some. It's an attempt to re-create the TR-909 drum machine using synthesis for all but the hats and cymbals. Honestly, it doesn't sound any better than some kits I've made just with samples, but it does sound pretty good, and was a fun learning experience. Each drum is re-created using methods as close as I could get to the way the original did it in hardware.

It wasn't so much a practical experiment as just a learning exercise. I'm mentioning it here in case anyone might be interested in picking apart the individual hits for ideas for their own drum synths.

It's uploaded as a project because each hit is a separate instrument rack. https://patchstorage.com/tr-nine-o-mine/

• edited June 2020

@rs2000 said:

@kewtips said:
    This might be very niche but I have uploaded a Mozaic path to use the Novation Circuit with Drambo. I am not a programmer so any feedback is welcome but might be beyond me to fix.

Great one!
    I don't own the Circuit but I bet that quite a few Drambonians have one... right folks? 😉

Saw this yesterday but I couldn't quite work out how to make it sing. I have Mozaic, Drambo and a Circuit.

• @ashh said:

@rs2000 said:

@kewtips said:

Great one!

Saw this yesterday but I couldn't quite work out how to make it sing. I have Mozaic, Drambo and a Circuit.

Routing MIDI correctly is essential.

In case of AUM:
    Circuit > Route MIDI from Circuit to Mozaic AUv3 > route MIDI from Mozaic to Drambo AUv3 > Enable MIDI learn in Drambo and map the controls from incoming Circuit MIDI messages.
    Make sure Drambo really receives the MIDI CC, you can check the MIDI routing by inserting a MIDI monitor AUv3 and select the MIDI input you want to check.

• @rs2000 said:

@ashh said:

@rs2000 said:

@kewtips said:

Great one!

Routing MIDI correctly is essential.

In case of AUM:
    Circuit > Route MIDI from Circuit to Mozaic AUv3 > route MIDI from Mozaic to Drambo AUv3 > Enable MIDI learn in Drambo and map the controls from incoming Circuit MIDI messages.
    Make sure Drambo really receives the MIDI CC, you can check the MIDI routing by inserting a MIDI monitor AUv3 and select the MIDI input you want to check.

Thank you so much for this. Really appreciate your help.

I have a K2 and an Uno synth and I want to use the Novation Editor to write some maps for my Launch Control Xl. What I wanted to know before I start is, can the iPad act as a MIDI hub? Does iOS have that capability built in? All I can find from Novation is some bloke being delighted about mapping an Octatrack and a script for the Circuit on Isotonik. Kimd of weird how little support the LCXL has received from Novation.

• @kewtips @rs2000
    Yes, the circuit would be a great pairing. Im going to give this a whirl
    Fur shure

• edited June 2020

I have a K2 and an Uno synth and I want to use the Novation Editor to write some maps for my Launch Control Xl. What I wanted to know before I start is, can the iPad act as a MIDI hub? Does iOS have that capability built in? All I can find from Novation is some bloke being delighted about mapping an Octatrack and a script for the Circuit on Isotonik. Kimd of weird how little support the LCXL has received from Novation.

Hi all,
    Sorry I was out of the loop yesterday seeing my folks for the first time since C19. I am yet to produce a Drambo template for the Mozaic patch but aim to do so next weekend (or earlier if I can manage it). @rs2000, thank you for covering for me and I realise now I should have included a bit more documentation.
    @ashh, there are lots of choices of how to do what you ask. I assume you are connecting the K2 and Uno to the ipad using a camera connection kit or bluetooth midiadaptors.
    You can go direct from LCXL to your K2 and Uno. In that case, use the Novation software to write user templates in the LCXL. This involves finding out the midi controls from Uno and K2. You then can use your DAW or something like AUM or Ape matrix to route the midi data from the LCXL to the K2 and Uno.
    Or...
    You can use the ipad as an midi-intermediary. This makes sense if you don't want the scenes in LCXL to be dedicated to the K2 and Uno. In this case, you can use the ipad as a translator using apps like mozaic, midifire, mididesigner (there are many more). You might be able to find pre-existing scripts but most likely you will have to roll your sleeves up and learn the basics of how midi works and some simple programming. I would say Mozaic is very well documented and there are lots of scripts to adapt, and the only limitation to me is a lack of flexible layouts. Mididesigner might be a better option if you want/need that.

• @kewtips said:

Hi all,
    Sorry I was out of the loop yesterday seeing my folks for the first time since C19. I am yet to produce a Drambo template for the Mozaic patch but aim to do so next weekend (or earlier if I can manage it). @rs2000, thank you for covering for me and I realise now I should have included a bit more documentation.
    @ashh, there are lots of choices of how to do what you ask. I assume you are connecting the K2 and Uno to the ipad using a camera connection kit or bluetooth midiadaptors.
    You can go direct from LCXL to your K2 and Uno. In that case, use the Novation software to write user templates in the LCXL. This involves finding out the midi controls from Uno and K2. You then can use your DAW or something like AUM or Ape matrix to route the midi data from the LCXL to the K2 and Uno.
    Or...
    You can use the ipad as an midi-intermediary. This makes sense if you don't want the scenes in LCXL to be dedicated to the K2 and Uno. In this case, you can use the ipad as a translator using apps like mozaic, midifire, mididesigner (there are many more). You might be able to find pre-existing scripts but most likely you will have to roll your sleeves up and learn the basics of how midi works and some simple programming. I would say Mozaic is very well documented and there are lots of scripts to adapt, and the only limitation to me is a lack of flexible layouts. Mididesigner might be a better option if you want/need that.

That's great, thanks for the signposts!

• The sh 101 on drambo patch storage sounds friggin great! Also the subharmonicon clone attempt is really weird. This helps me a lot as sometimes I just keep adding modules and they magically work. That is a cool thing and patchstorage is sweet. I had some issues trying to open a few but realized they were interments and not a file. Cheers1!

• @Yoni said:
    Just submitted a sampler instrument called Dr. Flex (flex...rex...) to Patchstorage.

It’s a 16 slice loop player and mangler, runs the slices in sequence on host start, no need for midi note triggering.
    Keeps the loop in pitch when changing host tempo, has swing, randomization and the possibility to control the order of slices.
    Check out this short demo video.
    Hope someone might find it useful...

@Yoni Excellent work. Recording into the sampler and x-fading...a great live mangler.

• I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to save and load patches into drambo from Patchstorage. When I download to my iPad, it says "Open in..." then I don't know what to do. Thanks for any help!

• @gkillmaster said:
    I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to save and load patches into drambo from Patchstorage. When I download to my iPad, it says "Open in..." then I don't know what to do. Thanks for any help!

Open in Drambo after which D should take you to the save preset patch unless it’s a project file.

• edited October 2021

@supadom said:

@gkillmaster said:
    I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to save and load patches into drambo from Patchstorage. When I download to my iPad, it says "Open in..." then I don't know what to do. Thanks for any help!

Open in Drambo after which D should take you to the save preset patch unless it’s a project file.

Thanks. Opening Drambo first does allow me to save, but the patch I was trying to save when I posted doesn't show Drambo as an option. It says it's a synth. Here: https://patchstorage.com/hatᴱ/

Also, once I open and save in Drambo, my files don't show up. I can't find them in any of the folders when I try and Open them.

• @gkillmaster said:
    Also, once I open and save in Drambo, my files don't show up. I can't find them in any of the folders when I try and Open them.

I'll bet there's a YouTube tutorial video that covers the import of presets/projects into Drambo.
    I know it's tricky but a good visual demonstration should help unless someone can write up a list of
    steps. As with most things Drambo... there's is (typically) more than one way to do it: TIMTOWDI.

• @McD said:

@gkillmaster said:

I'll bet there's a YouTube tutorial video that covers the import of presets/projects into Drambo.
    I know it's tricky but a good visual demonstration should help unless someone can write up a list of
    steps. As with most things Drambo... there's is (typically) more than one way to do it: TIMTOWDI.

O, thanks. good idea! Looking for some now. Wouldn't that be TITMTOWTDI?