Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo has its own venue on Patchstorage now! šŸ˜ƒ

Comments

• @3sleeves said:
    @rs2000 Crazy I got:
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_trifecta2/
    This one has 3 FM operators each with independent LFO modulated Filters, a simple Channel EQ, finished off with some, Chorus, Reverb, and a Phaser.
    The default state kind of reminds me of Garth Marenghiā€™s Dark Place, especially when I play it with the Sensel Morph and allow pitch bending on the keys...serious VHS vibesšŸ˜„

love it man!

• Is there a size limit to patches? And, are uploading projects or just the presets? (Instrument and fx racks?)

• I must be a complete idiot - I can't for the life of me get one of these presets loaded. I find preset import buttons all over the app and I think I've tried all of them. After importing, the preset shows in the list but I select it and nothing happens. Is it possible to explain it even more step by step than has already been done in this thread?

• @3sleeves said:
    @rs2000 Crazy I got:
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_trifecta2/
    This one has 3 FM operators each with independent LFO modulated Filters, a simple Channel EQ, finished off with some, Chorus, Reverb, and a Phaser.
    The default state kind of reminds me of Garth Marenghiā€™s Dark Place, especially when I play it with the Sensel Morph and allow pitch bending on the keys...serious VHS vibesšŸ˜„

That one sounds lovely!
    Thanks for uploading!

• edited April 2020

@spiteface only thing I could think is if your importing projects as modules or vice versa.

• @spiteface said:
    I must be a complete idiot - I can't for the life of me get one of these presets loaded. I find preset import buttons all over the app and I think I've tried all of them. After importing, the preset shows in the list but I select it and nothing happens. Is it possible to explain it even more step by step than has already been done in this thread?

First of all, we know that file sharing and file type handling in Drambo isn't perfect yet.
    Drambo doesn't yet appear as an "Open in..." destination for .drmodule files, only .drproject files.
    Fixes are coming in the next releases but what you can do now is download the .drmodule, open it in any file storage provider app that shows up in the Files app and that can save it, then go to Drambo, open an Instrument or Processor Rack, then open its preset menu, hit "Import" and choose the file from the file storage app you've saved it to.

• Thanks rs2000 and bcrichards. I finally got it to work. Maybe something was messed up with my internet connection and icloud. Who knows..

• edited April 2020

@bcrichards said:
    @spiteface only thing I could think is if your importing projects as modules or vice versa.

What you have shown apparently only works in iPadOS.
    It doesn't even work on an iPhone running on iOS 13.4, Drambo cannot be chosen as a destination.

• Hmmm...This is saving to my downloads folder. Works in my iPhone running 13.3.

• @bcrichards said:
    Hmmm...This is saving to my downloads folder. Works in my iPhone running 13.3.

Ah thanks, got it, still got to open Drambo manually, then open the preset browser.
    The thing is, how do you always know if it's an instrument or a processor rack?

Plus, that won't work in iOS versions below 13 which will exclude quite a few, including hardware devices that can't update to 13 but can run Drambo perfectly well.

• You donā€™t know :) I think they still work though, either way.

Maybe Th eh should be marked in patchstorage as such, encourage user to mark it in Name and tag

• edited April 2020

@bcrichards said:
    You donā€™t know :) I think they still work though, either way.

Maybe Th eh should be marked in patchstorage as such, encourage user to mark it in Name and tag

Yep you're right, rack type seems to be recognized when importing from inside Drambo.

I think the user shouldn't have to worry, plus tagging them in Patchstorage - well, you know how people are. If they have to take care of too many things, you'll have less great uploads in the end. ;)
    Drambo has all the intelligence so it's likely the best place to detect what to do with a certain file type.

• Iā€™m sure the preset system will be fine tuned in time. These are just solutions for now. I want to play with peoples creations :)

• who wants to share some chill pads and drones theyā€™ve made šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤˜šŸ½ i need to learn go build my own as well besides the basic stuff but in the mean time i wanna dram! thatā€™s the new word for jamming in drambo btw lol

• edited April 2020

One small request - can everyone who is uploading Drambo patches to Patchstorage please try to provide accompanying short sound clips or video of the patch in action.

For a little extra effort, it really makes a big difference for your fellow Dramboers.

Thanks

(for an example, please see my recent BM3 patches)

• Thanks everybody for the encouragement and especially thanks to @giku_beepstreet for this beast of an app!!!

I just made a drum machine in Drambo:
    https://patchstorage.com/3sleeves_funkboxds1/
    Thereā€™s a video preview there too. This could be developed further, Iā€™ve got a few ideas to try, but I really hope you awesome peeps in the Drambo community take this and run with it!

• Is there another way beside using the files app. This files app is so freaking bad and buggy. What the hell Apple.
    But thanks to all contributions. Nice!!

• @Clueless said:
    Is there another way beside using the files app. This files app is so freaking bad and buggy. What the hell Apple.

No worries, @giku_beepstreet is already at a better solution.

Yes, there's a workaround: Save everything as a project!
    I've just replaced the .drmodule file on patchstorage by a .drproject file, so you can pen it directly in Drambo.

The Files app is indeed less than I would have expected from Apple.

• @rs2000 said:

@Clueless said:
    Is there another way beside using the files app. This files app is so freaking bad and buggy. What the hell Apple.

No worries, @giku_beepstreet is already at a better solution.

Yes, there's a workaround: Save everything as a project!
    I've just replaced the .drmodule file on patchstorage by a .drproject file, so you can pen it directly in Drambo.

The Files app is indeed less than I would have expected from Apple.

ThankĀ“s. Yeah, the files app is strange and in most cases even much worse than the very old and good simple sonoma copy/paste. What drives me crazy is that it often crash for some reason and just order things by random???
    This files app is made to make people crazy :)

• @3sleeves said:
    Thanks everybody for the encouragement and especially thanks to @giku_beepstreet for this beast of an app!!!

Thereā€™s a video preview there too. This could be developed further, Iā€™ve got a few ideas to try, but I really hope you awesome peeps in the Drambo community take this and run with it!

this thing is a beast

• edited April 2020

@3sleeves said:
    Thanks everybody for the encouragement and especially thanks to @giku_beepstreet for this beast of an app!!!

Can you post the video also.. thanks

Edit.. just saw it at Patchstorage.com..

Thank you..

• edited April 2020

Thanks again guys!
    Just a couple notes about that drum machine instrument rack preset:

• each Note Filter is connected to the very first Note Filter in the rack, that first one sets the entire keyboard range while the subsequent ones set the range for the individual ā€˜drumsā€™
    • You can add new instruments by adding another Note Filter+Midi to CV+generator+Amp envelope, then adding that amp envelope out to the last mixer
    • This could be made into a multi-layer synth instrument using the same basic principles

Iā€™m too excited to sleep, been tweaking this preset all night and have an 8 drum version with more fx in the works!

• @3sleeves love your patches, thanks! While I had no trouble figuring out your excellent drum machines I expect less experienced dramboers will understand why it makes no sound upon first loading and tapping on pads. This is why uploading a full project with sequence could be quite helpful in early days.

• @bcrichards enjoying your instruments quite a bit, thank you for posting! The only one I can't get to work is the Wood instrument. Can you load a project that shows how it works?

• @lukesleepwalker Youā€™re right, I probably should have noted that the keyboard range starts at C2...in my next iteration Iā€™ll include some text boxes with hints, since it has that option!

• @3sleeves said:
    @lukesleepwalker Youā€™re right, I probably should have noted that the keyboard range starts at C2...in my next iteration Iā€™ll include some text boxes with hints, since it has that option!

šŸ™ŒšŸ»

• edited April 2020

@lukesleepwalker you probably canā€™t get it to work because I think itā€™s broken! I will update it. Currently I think itā€™s a track preset (tracks can be presets too).

• edited April 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @bcrichards enjoying your instruments quite a bit, thank you for posting! The only one I can't get to work is the Wood instrument. Can you load a project that shows how it works?

Try to import it from rackā€™s (not instrument module) preset browser. There is currently a bit of confusion between module, instrument module and rack presets because they have the same extension but arenā€™t mutually compatible.

Edit: this one also needs midi to cv module added at the beginning to make a sound.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @bcrichards enjoying your instruments quite a bit, thank you for posting! The only one I can't get to work is the Wood instrument. Can you load a project that shows how it works?

Try to import it from rackā€™s (not instrument module) preset browser. There is currently a bit of confusion between module, instrument module and rack presets because they have the same extension but arenā€™t mutually compatible.

Edit: this one also needs midi to cv module added at the beginning to make a sound.

Ah, I see it now. Thx.

• @lukesleepwalker Check this out, Iā€™m building another drum machine from scratch, starting with each drum as an instrument rack preset, hereā€™s a simple kick for example:

Each ā€˜drumā€™ will be a separate preset first, that way the instrument could be assembled to user preference, so long as there is a Note Filter at the beginning to set the overall keyboard range and a Mixer at the end to give each drum an audio out.