Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI to touchscreen gesture?

Does anyone know of an app that has attempted this: to make touchscreen gestures (button press or swipe) triggered/controlled by MIDI notes or CC values?

It could be used as a creative tool (more predictable behavior for x/y interfaces) or to add external control for apps that don't have MIDI learn or missing control features. I can also envision it helping perhaps handicapped folks.

Comments

• @coolout said:
    Does anyone know of an app that has attempted this: to make touchscreen gestures (button press or swipe) triggered/controlled by MIDI notes or CC values?

It could be used as a creative tool (more predictable behavior for x/y interfaces) or to add external control for apps that don't have MIDI learn or missing control features. I can also envision it helping perhaps handicapped folks.

Yes, it's called iOS, accessibility switch control in Settings.
    Although I'm not sure about the current status, as Apple has built quite a mess with iOS 13.
    Can anyone chime in and tell if MIDI notes work again as a source for accessibility switch control in iOS 13.4?

• I wish this was possible too.

You need a input device that sends out multiple mouse buttons , which you can map using accessibility in iOS.
    I
    have a usb powered koolertron programmable keyboard which sends out mouse button 1,2,3,4,5 etc.
    These are mapped to app switcher, home tap etc, search, etc

On OSX its very easy to translate midi to keyboard or mouse actions using keyboard maestro or controllermate but on iOS its not possible as far as i know.

Best option is a good bluetooth mouse with lots of buttons which you can map to available features in accessibility settings in iOS.

It would also be nice if you could use a qwerty bluetooth keyboard to send midi data to aum or audiobus. But input devices are also a security issue so its not that easy i guess.

• edited April 2020

@tpj
    Bluetooth game controllers definitely work too, and that's what I am using.

Edit: Just built a remote controller for Drambo using a MIDI keyboard with Bluetooth adapter under iOS 12.3.1 and iOS 13.4, both worked. πŸ‘πŸΌ

• @rs2000 said:

@coolout said:

Yes, it's called iOS, accessibility switch control in Settings.
    Although I'm not sure about the current status, as Apple has built quite a mess with iOS 13.
    Can anyone chime in and tell if MIDI notes work again as a source for accessibility switch control in iOS 13.4?

Whoa! So you're saying that accessibility switch control once worked with MIDI notes? I'm using a 1st gen Ipad Air, so I'm stuck at iOS12. I guess that could work right? Time for some searching.

• @rs2000 said:
    @tpj

Edit: Just built a remote controller for Drambo using a MIDI keyboard with Bluetooth adapter under iOS 12.3.1 and iOS 13.4, both worked. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Perfect. Thanks.

• It’s called recipes. It was a long thread in the forum not so long ago...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    It’s called recipes. It was a long thread in the forum not so long ago...

It's here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31245/how-to-remotely-control-any-ios-app/p1

• @rs2000 said:
    @tpj

@rs2000 said:
    @tpj

Does the xy axis can be used as a mouse? Thats what i was hoping for when the gamecontrollers got support on ios.

Could you explain a little more how you setup switch control to make it send taps and swipes?

I'm also searching for a way to do 4 finger swipe left and right on ios.

• @tpj said:

@rs2000 said:
    @tpj

@rs2000 said:
    @tpj

Does the xy axis can be used as a mouse? Thats what i was hoping for when the gamecontrollers got support on ios.

Could you explain a little more how you setup switch control to make it send taps and swipes?

I'm also searching for a way to do 4 finger swipe left and right on ios.

Please work yourself through the linked thread first and read Apple's documentation about what you can do.
    Personally I'm only using custom recorded gestures because the other modes are rather slow when used by non-impaired people.

• @rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

It's here:

Thanks mate I hope you are fine in this hard times <3

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

It's here:

Thanks mate I hope you are fine in this hard times <3

I still am, thank you, and you take care! πŸ€—