Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo OTO BOUM patch like

Drambo is here 🧨💥🔥
The fact that Drambo can process internal and external audio is awsome.

# Do you think it’s posible to recreate the OTO BOUM entirely inside Drambo??

« BOUM is a full analog stereo warming unit, combining an easy-to-use compressor, a versatile distortion generator and a smooth low-pass filter. BOUM is the perfect tool when you need to add warmth, thickness, and character to your sounds, but also apply severe distortion and extreme compression treatments »

Here you can find the manual: https://www.otomachines.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/BOUM_USER_MANUAL.pdf

In the manual you can see the signal path, it’s very inspiring.

In the past I tend to make my own OTO BOUM with a mixture of AUM and some apps like Shaper, Grind, Filtatron, envelope follower dynamic apps like FAC Envolver... and map some parameter to a midi controller but it was a nightmare to configure it inside AUM due to the wast of time with the repetitive and non specialy convenient MIDI (merging, constrain CC value, mapping...) mapping in AUM.

🤘

Comments

• Most likely yes.
    The trick will be to use e.g. the Graphic Shaper module to approximate what OTO's "distortion generator" does. It's best to have the actual unit available so you can do direct comparisons and fine-tune your Drambo creation until it sounds (almost) identical.

• to anyone reading, this is a good exercise! try and build something in Drambo that you've used before or would like to recreate!

• @bcrichards said:
    to anyone reading, this is a good exercise! try and build something in Drambo that you've used before or would like to recreate!

It’s like reverse engineering. Yes for sure it’s a good exercice. I often use this technique with ableton and some VST paired with max for live (ENV follower, MultiMap...) to make some random dynamic processing.

I always read the hardware / software manual. Some companies make some good and pleasant readable manuals and others make boring and useless manuals.

But knowlegde is always source of inspiration. Building something and making an happy accident is for me an BIG part of my workflow / producing.

😋

• @rs2000 said:
    Most likely yes.
    The trick will be to use e.g. the Graphic Shaper module to approximate what OTO's "distortion generator" does. It's best to have the actual unit available so you can do direct comparisons and fine-tune your Drambo creation until it sounds (almost) identical.

But I don’t have enough money to buy one and I’m living in Réunion Island 🌴 no one here have the OTO BOUM to make crossed test ☹️

Any advices here to achieve the DRAMBOUM patch are really welcome 🤘
    It’s a good challenge because NOW we have a fucking good plateforme to make it alive for non coders 😇

• So it’s unclear to me from image if OTO send both a signal and sidechain signal through the compressor, if the sidechain processor is really more of an envelope follower which acts on the main signals vca. How does this look? You would simply double this into a layer and account for l/r channel. All processing is stereo by default.

• Anything close to the original in terms of functionality?

• And this works as a pretty good gate effect...an Amp Env with its gate input connected to its signal, with very short attack and decay times. Same goes for a mod envelope...gate it to incoming signal, then modulate filter , shaper, or any other parameter. Thanks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.