Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Batch Create Kits from Samples & Maschine Libraries for Beatmaker 3, Nanostudio 2, iMPC 2: Kit Maker

Hey all,
We made an app that can batch create 16-pad kits out of any samples, OR convert your Maschine Libraries into kits, automatically. It is called Kit Maker.

www.kit-maker.com

VIDEO:

FEATURES

• For Mac AND PC
  • Interactive GUI interface
  • Create kits for a variety of DAWs
  • Use Maschine libraries to create kit presets of all Maschine drum kits
  • Or use ANY SAMPLES you want to create your own libraries and infinite kits
  • Drag and rearrange pad layouts as you want; save your own custom layout
  • Keep your same layout across all kits; use the same MIDI patterns across all your kits

Creates presets for:
Ableton Live 10
MPC Live, MPC One, MPC X and Akai Force Hardware.
MPC 2 Desktop software (and MPC Touch)
Beatmaker 3 iOS
NanoStudio 2 iOS

and a "Numbered Files" option so you can drag and drop ordered kit samples into:
iMPC 2 iOS
Reason Devices such as
Kong and Umpf Devices,
FL Studio’s Channel Rack Sequencer,
Logic X Pro Drum Machine Designer,
Groove Agent 5,
Geist2,
Bitwig Studio,
and more.

*This is a free upgrade for existing customers.

GET HERE

Comments

• It's awesome, get it!

• Keep your same layout across all kits; use the same MIDI patterns across all your kits?
    Would be nice to get more info on this... and is iMaschine included in that ‘kit’ creation list?

• Awesome, I am an existing user. Thank you.

• So, I got an email telling me thanks for purchasing (yesterday), but I don't see where to download. I am an existing customer. @elgrayso any info?

• Ditto what @animalelder said. I have the beta but the email from last night didn't have a new link?

• Yes, we are getting new licenses to all existing customers! Hopefully by the end of today. Thanks for your patience :)

• Cool, sounds good, thanks.

• Wow, this is cool. And it’s on PC as well. In the words of Davie504, “EPICO”.

• Thats’great work.
    Do you know if Maschines multisamples instruments will be replicated in the converted bmk3 version ? Same with effects !

• The individual samples will be organized into kits, but will not have the effects or anything that is generated live in the Maschine software. Luckily most kits are made out of .wav files and work great on iOS apps :)

• Does this also have a rename expression that adds a midi note number to the filenames to use in Nanostudio Obsidian?

• @elgrayso New version looks great and works quickly! One problem, specific to the BeatMaker kits, is that you have the sample length of every pad arbitrarily set to 10087, which breaks the functionality of amp envelopes. It isn't a big deal with things like kicks and snares, but it is annoying for chords and other samples.

I have not tried the other kits. Not sure if you were aware. The number of samples could be easily calculated by sample rate multiplied by time. Or, maybe leaving that out of the file would mean that BM3 would accurately add the sample end when the kit was loaded. I am not an expert.

Thanks for the update, though! Much appreciated in these difficult times.

• @animalelder Are you referring to the new version of the app or the old version? There used to be an older version of the app (that only worked for BM3) that had issues with the envelopes. The new version has fixed the envelopes not working. Is there a specific Maschine kit that you can show me an example of what you mean and I can test it? (I have most of the libraries) It sounds like an issue we can probably fix in an update if I can re-produce your issue :)

• Does this support
    Multi velocity layers per pad
    Multi layers/keys per pad

The Beatmaker support shown in the video is for .bmk2, that disables envelopes in Beatmaker 3 (Or used to) is this fixed yet ?

• @elgrayso said:
    The individual samples will be organized into kits, but will not have the effects or anything that is generated live in the Maschine software. Luckily most kits are made out of .wav files and work great on iOS apps :)

Yeah I get it. What about the multisamples ?
    Thanks !

• @elgrayso said:
    @animalelder Are you referring to the new version of the app or the old version? There used to be an older version of the app (that only worked for BM3) that had issues with the envelopes. The new version has fixed the envelopes not working. Is there a specific Maschine kit that you can show me an example of what you mean and I can test it? (I have most of the libraries) It sounds like an issue we can probably fix in an update if I can re-produce your issue :)

I brought this up way too soon. I didn't even try them out. That's my fault. Envelopes work just fine. I had just looked in the file and saw the code...

This is from a factory kit.

This is from a KitMaker kit.

So, I assumed before that envelopes were dictated by the SampleEnd and LoopEnd, but I guess it's not.

I wasn't trying to cause trouble. KitMaker is dope. Thank you so much for the update!

• @Turntablist Envelopes DO indeed work now ;)

• @jazzmess one sample per pad at the moment. multi samples would be cool for the future but I cant make any promises on that right now :)

• just curious is this converter on sale right now?

• Would this be something that could work for Zenbeats?

• @ksound I had not heard of Zenbeats. Looks like it used to be Stagelight? We will look into it

• @kobamoto Yes. Use discount code LAUNCH through the first week of the announcement for $5 off :)

• This is a free upgrade if I bought the old Kit-Maker? Wow, that’s great 😀

• I’d love to see an app that will scan a sample folder, and analyze the sonic character of the samples and arrange them on a grid per your specifications...

So I could say, lower left is short/low frequency/tonal and upper right is long/high freq/noise

So you know on the grid, even without knowing the actual sound, the “flavor” of the sound.

For me, not really being a sample person, that would change things... I hate/loathe selecting and organizing samples. In the amount of time it takes to troll through a sample folder, I could make the sound I have in mind with a synth...

But... if there was a tool that allowed me access these massive library of samples out there and present them in organized, but “surprising” manner, that would be freaking cool...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I’d love to see an app that will scan a sample folder, and analyze the sonic character of the samples and arrange them on a grid per your specifications...

So I could say, lower left is short/low frequency/tonal and upper right is long/high freq/noise

So you know on the grid, even without knowing the actual sound, the “flavor” of the sound.

For me, not really being a sample person, that would change things... I hate/loathe selecting and organizing samples. In the amount of time it takes to troll through a sample folder, I could make the sound I have in mind with a synth...

But... if there was a tool that allowed me access these massive library of samples out there and present them in organized, but “surprising” manner, that would be freaking cool...

I feel like the Atlas program is close to what you’re looking for:
    https://www.algonaut.tech/

• but for the iOS platform

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I’d love to see an app that will scan a sample folder, and analyze the sonic character of the samples and arrange them on a grid per your specifications...

But how would you categorize a short 1khz sample from a 10 min audio that has a ton of frequencies?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

Synthesizing stuff's more fun. I just use real world samples and call them what they are. More fun that way.

• @ksound said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

I feel like the Atlas program is close to what you’re looking for:
    https://www.algonaut.tech/

That looks pretty close to what I'm talking about.

• @Samflash3 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

But how would you categorize a short 1khz sample from a 10 min audio that has a ton of frequencies?

How the fuck would I know?! I'm just a user demanding developers produce magik shit that I think up while stoned... Sheesh...

:)