Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• @Max23 That sounds amazing!!!!! That would for me be the game changer. 😂. I hope the wait is not too long.

• @onerez said:
    So I am really starting to dive into this app more and more. I am sorry for a noob question. And if I need to place this somewhere else please let me know. What are some tips for getting some of the hmmmmm. High resonance off my sound? I have a filter obviously, but if I cut too low I am greatly reducing the volume. I have just a supersaw oscillator. Do I eq that out in the chain? Is there another module that I should add? I just have a simple bass line and I like it just too much resonance.

I think what you want is an envelope to control the filter cutoff. Most synth patches don't just slap a filter at a constant level across the whole sound. Place a mod ADSR envelope before the filter and link it to the cutoff knob. Now turn the modulation amount all the way up and the frequency way down. Play with the envelope to target how much and when to apply the filter. You probably won't want extremes in the modulation amount and the cutoff frequency, but setting them that way helps understand the differences that can be had with different envelope settings.

• edited October 2020

Is the scene condition logic still a bit buggy? or perhaps I’m doing something wrong: On one of my steps I have scene condition (Set to D) followed by random condition (50%) and then a jump .. which worked fine at first, didn’t trigger the jump behavior on any scene but D, until I added a couple more scene conditions on two other steps. Now it’s randomly triggering the one jump condition on my track even when it’s not on scene D.

• @Eschatone said:
    Is the scene condition logic still a bit buggy? or perhaps I’m doing something wrong: On one of my steps I have scene condition (Set to D) followed by random condition (50%) and then a jump .. which worked fine at first, didn’t trigger the jump behavior on any scene but D, until I added a couple more scene conditions on two other steps. Now it’s randomly triggering the one jump condition on my track even when it’s not on scene D.

If I remember correctly, the scene conditions don't necessarily combine (logical AND). It was a bit irritating for me as well. I'm sure there's going to be some work at them, lots of additional related feature requests in the queue, they're just not at the top of the priority list.

• edited October 2020

@rs2000 said:

@Eschatone said:

If I remember correctly, the scene conditions don't necessarily combine (logical AND). It was a bit irritating for me as well. I'm sure there's going to be some work at them, lots of additional related feature requests in the queue, they're just not at the top of the priority list.

Ah, that explains it! Thnx.
    (edit: I thought adding second scene condition on the same step fixed it just now, but you’re right, logic % doesn’t seem to work at all combined with scene condition) .. Ah well. Plenty of potential workarounds in this endlessly capable app.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2020

Well that is just sick!!!!! Wild video as well!!!!! Great stuff. @Max23

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

Wicked.

It's a really good track.
    The visuals go well with the sound.

Well done.

• @Max23 said:

That was so rad!!!!! Everything about that was great. Awesome mix allowed me to hear everything when I was supposed to. Fantastic work.

• Is the morph slider mainly used to just be able to control several parameters at once? I haven’t made much use of it cos I just haven’t thought of many ways to use it

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Is the morph slider mainly used to just be able to control several parameters at once? I haven’t made much use of it cos I just haven’t thought of many ways to use it

I've only just started with the morphing myself.
    It seems to be the way to transition between snapshots
    without the sharpness of step programmed mutes
    though you can save mute information within each snapshot.

I've been experimenting with P-locking and morphing today.

Start from the tracks, press A to the right of the fader in the middle
    adjust what you would like to p-lock (automate),
    move fader across to B, press A again and see what happens
    when you fade between A and B.

• edited October 2020

@Gravitas said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    Is the morph slider mainly used to just be able to control several parameters at once? I haven’t made much use of it cos I just haven’t thought of many ways to use it

I've only just started with the morphing myself.
    It seems to be the way to transition between snapshots
    without the sharpness of step programmed mutes

Exactly. "Snapshots" nails it, the official name is "Scenes".
    You activate a scene by hitting one of the two buttons left or right from the crossfader and hitting one of the 16 pads to choose a scene for that crossfader side.
    Example uses are two different songs, both in the same project, one using tracks 1-8 and the other using tracks 9-16 for example, scene A has the output volumes of tracks 9-16 at zero and scene B has volumes of tracks 1-8 at zero. Moving the crossfader will seamlessly crossfade between both.
    Another example is a full analog synth you've built in Drambo, with different "presets" (i.e. knob settings" on different pads so you can switch presets easily by hitting pads) and crossfade between any two sounds by using the crossfader.

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone! That makes a lot of sense and gives me a whole lot of ideas, exploring the movement I can get from morphing will be really interesting to experiment with

• @Max23 said:

when u record p locks into patterns they always do exactly the same thing at the same time,
    that gets very repetitive quick, you can hear it looping.
    morphing is taking the sounds for a new walk out of the door everytime

That's a really good analogy.

I took the scenes for a walk this evening.
    The permutations are much more musical.

• so this wave table is released.... does she have some cool presets or just a list of waves?

• Those shortcut updates are really a low key life saver, also can’t wait to dive into the wavetable tonight. Incredible updates as always

• O M G !! 🤣 🥳 🤪

• There’s some really good presets :)

It’s out!

• @bcrichards said:
    There’s some really good presets :)

It’s out!

ty man!

• It’s also now able to upload serum presets, which are wavetables you can find for free and for pay at many sample, preset, patch, production sites. They are all over.

• Just a little side note: Serum presets that contain new wavetables are often in VST "fxp" or "fxb" format which can only be loaded with the Serum desktop synth. When you buy one of the packs, make sure the wavetables are actually available as WAV files as well ... or just buy Serum if you don't know anyone who could do it for you 😉

• Mind blown. 🤯

• @reasOne said:
    so this wave table is released.... does she have some cool presets or just a list of waves?

Little jam with a few of the Factory presets 🏄‍♂️

• Someone can explain me the new pattern feature of the flexi sampler? Thanks.

• Flexi sampler starts with pattern and ignores gate input.

• @Yalexein said:
    Someone can explain me the new pattern feature of the flexi sampler? Thanks.

There are three pattern-related features: Clip launching, playback speed synchronisation and recording a perfectly cut loop.

• Clip launching: Launch a clip at every start of a pattern without requiring a note on the sequencer so it's free for something else happening on the same track
    • Playback speed synchronisation: Make the sample length fit a fixed number of beats. If you load a loop with a certain number of beats, you can adjust its length on the Sync field and if you combine this with Launch = Pattern, the loop will always be re-pitched to stay in sync with Drambo's transport and bpm.
    • To record a perfectly cut loop: Switch to REC mode, choose the correct input source and set Sync = Pattern. When transport is running, hitting REC to start recording and hitting REC again to stop it will both be synced to the pattern boundaries. If you don't stop recording before the pattern has ended, Flexi will continue recording until you stop it before one of the next pattern boundaries.
    • If you hit REC while a loop is already loaded, Flexi will overdub this loop with the new recording. The original file won't be overwritten unless you explicitly save it under the same name.
    • The upper right "Sync" field on the recording page has no effect on the recording. Maybe it should only be shown on the playback page.
  • @giku_beepstreet Maybe the upper right Sync field should not be shown on the REC page?

• @childofthecorndog said:

@reasOne said:
    so this wave table is released.... does she have some cool presets or just a list of waves?

Little jam with a few of the Factory presets 🏄‍♂️

sweet! jamming now

This discussion has been closed.