Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    when open drambo inside of drambo

Sweet.

• Quick help! Is there an easy way to do MIDI echoes (synced MIDI notes delay with feedback)??

Thanks!

• Hi
    I’m just starting to look into Drambo.
    I think that I have messed up the auto connection.

I load an oscillator
    Then i load and ADSR
    the do not connect automaticly ( according to the manual the should )

It used to work but then i tried to load 2 oscillators and 2 ADSRs and then it “broke”. I could not route the oscillators to the envelopes. I tried to start all over and load a new session. I get no auto routing and i don’t get the option of routing the osc to the ADSR manually.

The issue seems to persist in new sessions and after I restart the app. Any surgestions On how to fix this?

• edited October 2020

@Lorichs the ADSR envelope in your picture is a modulator. You want to use the Amp env ADSR found in the processor section instead.

• Hi @Lorichs, you’re using a modulator Env. Use the Amp Env ADSR under Processors (it has a signal input)

• I still do that all the time with the envelopes 😆

• edited October 2020

@Lorichs said:
    Hi
    I’m just starting to look into Drambo.
    I think that I have messed up the auto connection.

I load an oscillator
    Then i load and ADSR
    the do not connect automaticly ( according to the manual the should )

It used to work but then i tried to load 2 oscillators and 2 ADSRs and then it “broke”. I could not route the oscillators to the envelopes. I tried to start all over and load a new session. I get no auto routing and i don’t get the option of routing the osc to the ADSR manually.

The issue seems to persist in new sessions and after I restart the app. Any surgestions On how to fix this?

Drambo has two different types of ADSR....

The "ENV ADSR" that you have pictured, and also an "AMP ADSR", which is the one you need make your basic synth work.

"AMP ADSR" can be found under the Processors section.

The "ENV ADSR" provides its own CV output for use as a modulation source. That's why it lacks the signal input connection.

• edited October 2020

@Synthi said:
    Quick help! Is there an easy way to do MIDI echoes (synced MIDI notes delay with feedback)??

Thanks!

Yes:

The left "Vel" knob adjusts feedback, "Rate" the delay time.
    Chain multiple Retrig modules into a MIDI Mixer if you want more repeats and more variation.

• 😱😱😱 OH my of course.
    Thank you very much @aleyas @bcrichards @horsetrainer
    👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Speaking of Amp Env and some help needed ...

I liked the sounds in a recent preview video on new filter types, this one:

Trying to recreate it based on what we see, I couldn't quite get the same "snappy/edgy" sound, it was more of a muddled affair. Tried adding Amp Env and/or some sidechaining, but didn't quite get close. Maybe some of you have done it, or have some ideas of what needs to be added?

• @bleep are you sure that you've copied every detail?

• Well, I tried, but I must have missed something! Perhaps you are able to spot anything in the attached project file? Ignore the last amp module, it is not shown in the video.

Hm, I tried to attach a zip file here, but that didn’t work. Will try to PM you with it.

• @rs2000 said:

@Synthi said:
    Quick help! Is there an easy way to do MIDI echoes (synced MIDI notes delay with feedback)??

Yes:

Chain multiple Retrig modules into a MIDI Mixer if you want more repeats and more variation.

Clever! Thanks!

• @Synthi said:

@rs2000 said:

@Synthi said:

Yes:

Clever! Thanks!

😊👍🏼

• Hi. Can someone please tell me how (if) to sync Drambo to my Digitakt in standalone mode?. I can do it fine when AUV3 in AUM, but not standalone.
    Even tried via the LINK app to no avail, I can send midi data, It also reflects tempo changes, but no transport.
    I have Sync start/stop selected... would really appreciate your help.

• edited October 2020

@tahiche Drambo doesn't support MIDI clock yet and that's the only sync mechanism that supports a master/slave setup and instant start/stop of master and slave.
    A few alternatives that can host Drambo AUv3 and support full MIDI clock sync:
    Audiobus 3
    apeMatrix
    Beatmaker 3

AB3 has the most advanced MIDI clock implementation that includes the important clock offset correction to avoid unprecise sync because of different audio buffers in different apps.

AUM and Cubasis 3 can't receive clock sync at all.

By the way, I would use "MIDI Link Sync" instead of Link to MIDI. The former supports bidirectional sync and reliable offset correction.

• I forgot how to create a pitch delay with Drambo. I want to use Drambo with my guitar to create arpeggio. I play 1 note and the pitch delay play let's say E-G-B. I know how to do it with midi, but not with audio. I have harmony8 but the sound is not clear enough. I'm looking for something like Quadravox by Eventide.

• edited October 2020

@Montreal_Music said:
    I forgot how to create a pitch delay with Drambo. I want to use Drambo with my guitar to create arpeggio. I play 1 note and the pitch delay play let's say E-G-B. I know how to do it with midi, but not with audio. I have harmony8 but the sound is not clear enough. I'm looking for something like Quadravox by Eventide.

Delay Time 2 modulation amount = 0.52
    Delay Time 3 modulation amount = 1.00

• Thank you @WillieNegus!
    Yes, I'm very happy that the Drambo library on patchstorage has grown like crazy since April. It's always worth a search.

And to all uploaders: Make sure you add related tags so your great creations can be found easily ;)

• edited October 2020

Anyone have a good patch for a Prophet 5 type instrument rack? Haven’t found much on patchstorage to my knowledge for that. That would be cool to look at one and reverse engineer it

• Hi!
    This is probably obvious but I can’t find it,,,
    How do you send midi from one track to another?.
    I see how you can set a track to receive audio input from the output of another track, but I can’t see it with midi.
    Cheers

• @tahiche said:
    Hi!
    I see how you can set a track to receive audio input from the output of another track, but I can’t see it with midi.
    Cheers

Just like with audio, a MIDI port can receive MIDI from a previous module or track. Go to mixer view (upper right burger menu) to route between tracks:

• edited October 2020

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    Anyone have a good patch for a Prophet 5 type instrument rack? Haven’t found much on patchstorage to my knowledge for that. That would be cool to look at one and reverse engineer it

I've started building one a while ago but had to stop for lack of time. I'll continue to work on it but it won't be soon. The upcoming wavetable module might help simplify a few "hacks" too.
    My aim is to make it sound like U-he Repro-5.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

Are you looking for a basic synth to learn from, with features that resemble those of a Prophet 5. BUT does not necessarily sound the same as a Prophet 5? In my Drambo experience, this would be a more feasible synth to build for others to use as a synth to learn from.

A synth coming close to actually emulating the vintage sounds of a Prophet 5 may likely become a complex and really difficult to understand beast.

In my experience building vintage synth emulations with the current iteration of Drambo. I find it's more practical to choose one type of vintage sound, then build one instrument to emulate that one type of sound.

My efforts at building full vintage synth emulations have gotten so crazy complex, that the results becomes too crazy complex for me to consider them vintage synth emulations.

Because Drambo is an evolving platform, a day may come when there will exist in Drambo the meta controls required to make constructing easily programable vintage synth emulators more feasible.

Though... I'd personally rather have the upcoming AUv3 support in Drambo before all other upgrades. I'm looking forward to the prospect of being able to run the new ATOM piano roll in standalone Drambo, and other synths, and effects...!!!

• @horsetrainer That's exactly the point. To make an emulation sound virtually indistinguishable from the original, it's usually not sufficient to just copy the architecture.

• @rs2000 said:

@tahiche said:
    Hi!
    Cheers

Just like with audio, a MIDI port can receive MIDI from a previous module or track. Go to mixer view (upper right burger menu) to route between tracks:

Thanks for the answer. But, Wouldn’t that be the input notes before going through all the modules in the track?.
    I’m playing around with an Impaktor patch on track one and would like to build a little synths on track 2, that takes the generated midi. That is, after the notes are generated with the Impaktor processor...
    So I’d think I have to connect it like this....

But I can’t, it’s grayed out. I hope I explained it ok. Thanks!

• @rs2000 said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

I've started building one a while ago but had to stop for lack of time. I'll continue to work on it but it won't be soon. The upcoming wavetable module might help simplify a few "hacks" too.
    My aim is to make it sound like U-he Repro-5.

That awesome, I’ll be stoked to see that. I’ve gotten a few things to sort of sound like a few of the brassy patches but my knowledge is just too limited still to get anything advanced going on

• @rs2000 said:
    @horsetrainer That's exactly the point. To make an emulation sound virtually indistinguishable from the original, it's usually not sufficient to just copy the architecture.

Does Drambo have a way to hard-sync an oscillator to another?

This discussion has been closed.