Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@xor said:

@aleyas said:
    @xor the switches are in the mixer section with the latest update :)

Thanks. It’s not listed in my updates list but the app store page shows the update button. Grrr

Did you try dragging downward on the updates list? It often doesn't refresh on its own. Pulling down and holding for a sec. forces a refresh.

• Yep. Even pulled down multiple times. Lots of ice gear updates but no drambo. Even checked twice, once after I knew there was supposed to be an update.

• Is the new(?) pitch modulator just a multi-input add module with input bias? From the help I really couldn’t figure out what input it was expecting. I first tried a reference audio signal, then a midi note, finally a knob. When I noticed that an input of 0.125 modulated the input up an octave it kind of made sense.

The help indicates that the output is supposed to be integer multiples of the input frequency which sounds like it is supposed to be generating harmonics but that isn’t what the module is doing.

Anyone else figure it out yet?

• xorxor
    edited September 2020

Wouldn’t is be cool if Drambo had a tuner?

• @xor said:
    Is the new(?) pitch modulator just a multi-input add module with input bias? From the help I really couldn’t figure out what input it was expecting. I first tried a reference audio signal, then a midi note, finally a knob. When I noticed that an input of 0.125 modulated the input up an octave it kind of made sense.

The help indicates that the output is supposed to be integer multiples of the input frequency which sounds like it is supposed to be generating harmonics but that isn’t what the module is doing.

Anyone else figure it out yet?

Good question.

The 0.125 is an octave.

You can use the midi to cv module to get
    a signal going into the pitch module and then quantize signal
    coming out the using the scale and cv quantizer modules for instance.

I put this together after reading your question.
    I'll play around with it and see what I come up with.

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Re: pitch module, looks like misplaced help text :) for the pitch - overtone module.

The Pitch Modulator basically acts as a mixer, but it looks for a pitch signal by default and sends pitch signal. You could for instance use it to combine an lfo and an envelope to modulate an oscillators pitch.

Easier than connecting a regular mixer to pitch, adjusting the amount to max, then also adding modulators, and assigning it manually to the pitch input of another module.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In the simplest case of using an lfo with the pitch modulator, would math’s add module give the same result assuming the lfo’s pitch input is turned all the way up? Just trying to understand if it does anything non-obvious.

• @xor said:
    In the simplest case of using an lfo with the pitch modulator, would math’s add module give the same result assuming the lfo’s pitch input is turned all the way up? Just trying to understand if it does anything non-obvious.

Yes, seems to me that there's no difference. Pitch CV does this by design IMHO.

• Switch tutorial:

• After months of not having the time to I finally spent the week getting to know Drambo and it is incredible. Initially I had a hard time doing anything outside of building a simple synthesizer but after "Ben's" tutorials whom I think is @bcrichards ? I have been able to figure out a ton more. So thanks to Ben for taking the time to do these videos as they are extremely helpful.

This will sound cheesy but I honestly don't think I need another app at the moment outside of fx as Drambo is so flexible and quick to use once you get used to it. It is the best music production environment I have ever used on the iPad. Truly Spectacular work @giku_beepstreet

• Thanks a lot! Its just the beginning.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Thanks a lot! Its just the beginning.

Wow. what's already there is just unbelievable and will take a lot more time to scratch the surface but adding more to this mammoth beast is impressive at the least. I would write more about how special Drambo is but I'd much rather be playing with Drambo. Thank you.

• @sippy_cup thanks sippy cup. @SoundForMore is also making TONS of tutorials, really turning them out too.

• @bcrichards said:
    @sippy_cup thanks sippy cup. @SoundForMore is also making TONS of tutorials, really turning them out too.

Holy Man! He is prolific.

• @sippy_cup said:

After months of not having the time to I finally spent the week getting to know Drambo and it is incredible. Initially I had a hard time doing anything outside of building a simple synthesizer but after "Ben's" tutorials whom I think is @bcrichards ? I have been able to figure out a ton more. So thanks to Ben for taking the time to do these videos as they are extremely helpful.

The video on oscilators is pure gold. And @bcrichards wrote that's its very dated... obsolete.
    Still. Lot's of clues on how to start building synths in drambo.

I honestly don't think I need another app at the moment outside of fx.

I feel sorry for you. Buying new apps is too much fun to ever stop and learn one. It's more like getting a cookbook and never eating out. Sad. But with Covid on the loose I might follow
    you down the rabbit hole just to stave off the boredom and post fewer comments.

• @McD only meant there’s lots new features since :) @sippy_cup be sure to check out all the cool patches and projects people have shared on patchstorage as well
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/

• @bcrichards said:
    @McD only meant there’s lots new features since :)

Sure. But understanding the choices for oscillators is key to sound design.
    Someday, I'm going to watch that one and build every option and save it as a template.
    The one where you use an LFO as an oscillator blew me away. I was waiting for you
    to isolate a 60 cycle hum from a segment of wire and use a pitch shifter to make a synth
    from it but you lost focus on all the possibilities. Get to work, slacker. When AUv3's
    are available there will be a few more permutations and combinations to document...
    like 2 to the 32nd power roughly.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    @sippy_cup said:

After months of not having the time to I finally spent the week getting to know Drambo and it is incredible. Initially I had a hard time doing anything outside of building a simple synthesizer but after "Ben's" tutorials whom I think is @bcrichards ? I have been able to figure out a ton more. So thanks to Ben for taking the time to do these videos as they are extremely helpful.

The video on oscilators is pure gold. And @bcrichards wrote that's its very dated... obsolete.
    Still. Lot's of clues on how to start building synths in drambo.

I honestly don't think I need another app at the moment outside of fx.

I feel sorry for you. Buying new apps is too much fun to ever stop and learn one. It's more like getting a cookbook and never eating out. Sad. But with Covid on the loose I might follow
    you down the rabbit hole just to stave off the boredom and post fewer comments.

I have purchased many music applications. Never have I felt this until Drambo arrived and I started using it in depth. Even if Beepstreet ceased development today it would still be one of the deeper production environments I have used on this platform. Money is at a premium for me due to covid and rampant unemployment. I need to be wary of spending until things improve and Drambo is the perfect reason to stick with one app.

@bcrichards Yes I have found patchstorage to be a very good place to glean some ideas. @rs2000 has a really nice RAT distortion in there that he or she or they keep improving. You have some good ones there too.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@sippy_cup said:
    @rs2000 has a really nice RAT distortion

@rs2000 during the war years:

Use Drambo Rat cautiously... it comes it a bit H-O-T:

• edited September 2020

@McD said:

@sippy_cup said:
    @rs2000 has a really nice RAT distortion

@rs2000 during the war years:

In fact I had similar work wear years ago 😂

• @SoundForMore said:

@sippy_cup said:

@bcrichards said:
    @sippy_cup thanks sippy cup. @SoundForMore is also making TONS of tutorials, really turning them out too.

Holy Man! He is prolific.

Next tutorial is about to be released... :)

If i was to spend all my time watching Drambo videos I might miss a sale.

• Beginner user here. I saw a tutorial where the pads were being used to toggle channel mutes in AUM, by using the "MIDI cc generator" with signal from the gate of a "MIDI to cv". Would it be possible to set up some logic so that the CC value (from tapping a pad) would only be sent on the next sync quantum (beat, bar, etc., set in Drambo)?

• @bleep this might work: for my example, I want to send a CC value from the velocity of my pad hit. I have the 1st S&H module that receives velocity signal, and samples on every gate entry. Then I have a Gate sequencer that runs with the clock. On each gate from the sequencer, it triggers a 2nd S&H module to update its held value from the first. A CC generator gets its input from this ‘quantized’ S&H module.

You can do this with playing notes as well, where the SH signal input is your played gate messages, and the gate sequencer quantizer them.

• I was suspecting that some combination of S&H and gate sequencer should be able to do bar quantized stuff, but didn't see quite how. Awesome, thanks!

• Anyone have a preferred controller they use with Drambo? I’m starting to get curious what would pair well with this for live oriented use

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Anyone have a preferred controller they use with Drambo? I’m starting to get curious what would pair well with this for live oriented use

Checkout @echoopera's investigation of the LaunchPad X with Drambo:

This discussion has been closed.