Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• Drambo AU host: would you be able to set some of the exposed AU parameters of the plugins, for P-locking and scene morphing for instance?

That would be pretty sweet. Other than that, I'm not sure which benefits there would be compared to AUM hosting. Still cool, though!

• edited September 2020

I will try to make p-locks working directly on AU interface. I think its possible except plocked controls wont be marked red

• Sounds good!

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    I will try to make p-locks working directly on AU interface. I think its possible except plocked controls wont be marked red

This would be AMAZING! Thanks for all your hard work

• That would be brilliant :)
    apeMatrix has automated AU parameters for LFOs, if Drambo could have that kind of option too, it could be another advantage for the host.

@giku_beepstreet said:

• edited September 2020

@Carnbot said:
    That would be brilliant :)
    apeMatrix has automated AU parameters for LFOs, if Drambo could have that kind of option too, it could be another advantage for the host.

@giku_beepstreet said:

Ape lfo is nice, but imagine the Drambo host where you morph between states of your favorite AUv3 plugins, without setting up any lfo or automation curves. It could actually replace AUM as the most fun place for doing live jams experiments.

• @bleep said:

@Carnbot said:
    That would be brilliant :)

@giku_beepstreet said:

Ape lfo is nice, but imagine the Drambo host where you morph between states of your favorite AUv3 plugins, without setting up any lfo or automation curves. It could actually replace AUM as the most fun place for doing live jams experiments.

Yes, i'd definitely use Drambo like this, but I'd still use ape and AUM as they offer unique workflows which have other advantages :)

• waking up to an image of aus inside drambo just made my day start off in the proper way

• dvidvi
    edited September 2020

Hi everyone,

I love Drambo like nothing else, but today I’ve run into a couple of issues I hope someone here (or @giku_beepstreet, you rock!) might be able to help with.

1. I’m experiencing consistent crashing in Drambo when adding chords in Step mode using an external controller (arturia minilab mkII). I can add one chord fine, but overwriting the same step (i.e. trying to replace the chord) causes Drambo to crash (this has happened inside aum, in standalone, after a fresh restart etc.). I have a screen grab of the crash, but I’m not sure how to post it here. I’m on an iPad Air 3 ipadOS 13.7. I suppose this is related to the recent update?

2. As part of troubleshooting, I considered deleting the app and downloading again, but I realized all my projects are stored in the « Local » directory and I don’t know how to move them (to icloud or elsewhere) in order not to lose them, since that folder is not exposed in the Files app. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help!
    D

• @dvi said:
    Hi everyone,

Hello back,

Gravitas here.
    The others will chime in eventually as is their wont.

......but I realized all my projects are stored in the « Local » directory and I don’t know how to move them (to icloud or elsewhere) in order not to lose them, since that folder is not exposed in the Files app. Am I missing something here?

WebDAV is your friend.

Get Readdle documents from the
    App Store if you don’t have it already.

Go into dRambo stand-alone.

Where you would open up a new project
    you should see WebDAV in the menu.

Click on that.

It’ll give you a instructions and an i.p address

Open Readdle Documents and create a connection using that i.p address.

Then you can access the dRambo files with ease.

Thanks for your help!
    D

No problem.
    We all assist each other here.

• Hi @gravitas, thanks so much for the quick reply!

This worked perfectly, and as a bonus I am now able to clean up my sample folders which had run somewhat out of control.

Unfortunately, the crash persists after reinstalling the app—it does seem more stable, though. I can re-write triads with no problems, but adding more voices eventually crashes it.

(I didn’t realize my post came in the middle of this big discussion about AU hosting, which would be a mind blowing expansion of drambo. Can’t wait!)

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @dvi if you haven’t already, you should send the crash log to [email protected]. You can find the crash log in the Settings app, go to Privacy then Analytics & Improvements, Analytics Data. Scroll down until you find the Drambo logs with the date/time of the crash. Even if you have them set to automatically be sent, an email with the context of the crash is invaluable to a developer.

• dvidvi
    edited September 2020

Crash report sent. Many thanks to all!

Edit: @Max23. Yes, both in AU and standalone. Sent files for both.

• edited September 2020

@dvi said:

This worked perfectly,

Good to hear.

and as a bonus I am now able to clean up my sample folders which had run somewhat out of control.

No surprise there.
    That’s why we all know WebDAV is our friend.

(I didn’t realize my post came in the middle of this big discussion about AU hosting, which would be a mind blowing expansion of drambo. Can’t wait!)

Agreed. 😇

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I totally forgot about AU hosting being added to this and it’s like hearing it for the first time all over again

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    All sync options (midi clock + link) will be introduced before AU comes.

Will this include midi clock out???

Because dRambo has the best timing.

• So, what exactly does 1-n, n-1 Switch do? Updated..

• N-1 takes multiple inputs, selects one for the output with a switch.
    1-N takes one input and selects which output to send it with a switch.

There are smoothing and crossfading options for each. Kind of like a multi-input X-fader, with arbitrary number of inputs or outputs.

• @bcrichards said:
    N-1 takes multiple inputs, selects one for the output with a switch.

There are smoothing and crossfading options for each. Kind of like a multi-input X-fader, with arbitrary number of inputs or outputs.

Thanks... Guess I will wrap my head around it..

• Switches are really useful

• @bcrichards Switches? Where? I want!

• @bcrichards said:
    N-1 takes multiple inputs, selects one for the output with a switch.

Have you done a video on this yet, Ben? ;)

• I will definitely do one! But @SoundForMore has been really cranking them out and all his are great, so I’d look out for that one first.

• @xor the switches are in the mixer section with the latest update :)

• The fun starts when you modulate switches set to x-fade mode at audiorate. e.g. connect 3 audio sources: osc1, osc2, noise to N-1 switch, set X-fade mode and connect another oscillator or LFO to Index. The opposite: use 1-N Switch to direct oscillator to 3 different filters and crossfade them using another oscillator. ( Switches are polyphonic and work at audio rate. )

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    The fun starts when you modulate switches set to x-fade mode at audiorate. e.g. connect 3 audio sources: osc1, osc2, noise to N-1 switch, set X-fade mode and connect another oscillator or LFO to Index. The opposite: use 1-N Switch to direct oscillator to 3 different filters and crossfade them using another oscillator. ( Switches are polyphonic and work at audio rate. )

Fun/cease and desist order from your neighbors I'm guessing :wink:

• Another idea, play several loops on samplers connected to N-1 Switch and X-Fade them with a single knob.

• @aleyas said:
    @xor the switches are in the mixer section with the latest update :)

Thanks. It’s not listed in my updates list but the app store page shows the update button. Grrr

This discussion has been closed.