Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• Nice. I will wait to the next update to buy it. I don't want any app coded so fast it will probably full of bugs :trollface:

Now, seriously... congrats to dev for the work and waiting for reviews to see if I need this huge tool in my workflow <3

• What page were we on when it dropped? 180?

• @topaz said:
    Anyone sussed out how to use flexi as a beat slicer ?

Once you've got your sample/loop in FlexiSampler set trigger mode to 1-slice (or 1-shot for 'play-thru') and 'Note' to start-slice.
    The keyboard will then trigger each slice starting at C-2.

Play around with it :)

• @Samu said:

@topaz said:

Once you've got your sample/loop in FlexiSampler set trigger mode to 1-slice (or 1-shot for 'play-thru') and 'Note' to start-slice.

Video on samplers here also

• @Max23 said:

@topaz said:

Tab on empty samples window
    Load loop (u can import from iCloud)
    Press edit
    Choose
    transients

SO glad you're feeling better @Max23

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So I watched two of Ben's Videos... Skimmed a few pages of the manual waiting for a gift card to arrive. Bought it.
    Played with a few modules and sequences, and thought "I'm getting the hang of it"

Then I loaded the Weird Machine project. Now I'm just What sorcery is this?

• @WTK said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    @WTK Swipe module down, to delete.

@Shiro said:
    Interesting, i not see that, FYI, You can swipe down to delete a module.

Ah nice, thx for the tip. Unfortunately this gesture does not work for me when the above happens. Works only on non tinted modules.

It does happen to me too if the AU window is small in AUM

• Regarding to my previous post I captured two screenshots because I discovered a tiny artifact that appears in the upper left corner when my problem occurs. The artifact disappears after closing the auv3 window but the bug stays (I can not delete the module).

iPad 2018 (6th gen), 128 gb, latest OS (non beta).

• edited April 2020

April 1!

I disbelieve!

B)

• edited April 2020

I have been sitting on a 25$ gift card for months now with the intention of using it for Drambo. Now I am... hesitating. Will this be another 'lets learn modular' purchase fail for me...? But no annoying wires or skeuomorphic stupidity with this one right? That was the problem before, right...? mmmm

• edited April 2020

Loving it so far, especially since I worked out the sampler.

Very crashy though. Four so far. And auto-saving isn’t helping me.

• @AudioGus said:
    I have been sitting on a 25$ gift card for months now with the intention of using it for Drambo. Now I am... hesitating... will this be another 'lets learn modular' purchase fail for me...? but no annoying wires or skuemorphic stupidity with this one right? That was the problem before, right...? mmmm

nope you’ll love it dude

• edited April 2020

@mistercharlie said:
    Loving it so far, especially since I worked out the sampler.

Very crashy though. Four so far. And auto-saving isn’t helping me.

Eeek!

(Hops back on fence.)

• I really want to get Drambo, but I’m not that familiar with a modular set up.... is there enough presets, and tutorials, etc to allow me to use this app with ease? Or will I really need to dig in to figure everything out?

• It looks like some of my questions were answered earlier in this thread... but any further advice would be helpful.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I really want to get Drambo, but I’m not that familiar with a modular set up.... is there enough presets, and tutorials, etc to allow me to use this app with ease? Or will I really need to dig in to figure everything out?

yes and yes.

• as a beta tester without much previous experience with modular gear, I found it to be incredibly accessible and quick to learn. check out the manual and watch the tutorial videos and that should give you a sense whether it's for you or not.

• Great, cheers.

Any way to expert transient slices to the sequencer ?

@Samu said:

@topaz said:

• @d4d0ug said:
    Drambo eh? Not heard of this one before :) hmm might give it a go i guess....

I actually thought Drambo was some kind of inner circle joke that I wasn’t getting with my ultra low IQ, so I just bought it and played through the factory examples .. I don’t get it .. the jungle beat thing is kinda cool .. but I don’t understand all the hype (yet) Is there some kind of definitive demo video somewhere of what this thing can do?

• edited April 2020

@mistercharlie said

Could you email me at info@beep... and describe these situations. I assume its sample module related?

• @topaz said:
    Great, cheers.

@Samu said:

@topaz said:

Record them in as notes. When you're sliced a sample by transient and then pick '1 slice' mode with 'Note' to pick the slice, each note of the keyboard from C2 onwards will play a slice. So then you can either tap them into the sequencer manually or live-record them.

• edited April 2020

Yes, but that doesn’t retain the original transient groove ?

That will work for on the grid MPC style but not recycle/BM3 style.

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@topaz said:
    Great, cheers.

@Samu said:

@topaz said:

Record them in as notes. When you're sliced a sample by transient and then pick '1 slice' mode with 'Note' to pick the slice, each note of the keyboard from C2 onwards will play a slice. So then you can either tap them into the sequencer manually or live-record them.

• What is “Siss Boom Baa?” Answer: “The sound a sheep makes when it explodes” - The Great Karnak

• Darn, after getting Cubasis 3, now my iTunes funds are $17.80 man, gonna have to wait. :(

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    @mistercharlie said

Could you email me at info@beep... and describe these situations. I assume its sample module related?

Sure! I’ll mail you today.

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    @giku_beepstreet This is incredible, thank you. In some unrelated betas I have discussed options for au parameter exposure and/or midi learn in the context of plugins that are modular/constantly changing such as this. Any info on future external midi implementation and how that might work?

It is top of the ‘to do’ list.

• edited April 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    I really want to get Drambo, but I’m not that familiar with a modular set up.... is there enough presets, and tutorials, etc to allow me to use this app with ease? Or will I really need to dig in to figure everything out?

There's quite a number of presets inside the app as well as on the beta testers' iDevices but I would say (for me) the real point of Drambo is to learn to build, use and modify the modular tracks.
    Sure you can simply use presets from others - That's a bit like having a great synth but only using its presets. If you're fine with that then go for it.

Presets will be shared sooner or later, I've officially requested a Drambo section on patchstorage.com two weeks ago, let's see how things progress but before that works, people can always upload to the known cloud storage options...

• Is there a manual? I get the gist of it, just trying to figure out how to do certain things and how each modules auto link together being wireless and all.

• @J_B said:
    Is there a manual? I get the gist of it, just trying to figure out how to do certain things and how each modules auto link together being wireless and all.

http://beepstreet.com/public/downloads/Drambo manual.pdf

This discussion has been closed.