Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Attack Softener - Beta test link for our new plugin and how you can get a free copy when it releases

We have a new app coming out, hopefully this week. It's called Attack Softener. It is a plugin that softens the attack of each note you play so that you can get a horn like sound out of guitar, bass, or piano.

If you want to try it, install TestFlight and use this link to install the plugin:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/gtGk91Pl

If you want to get a free copy of the app when it releases, just download the test version and upload a video of yourself using it to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media and share a link to your video on this thread. When the app releases we will send you a code to install the final version of the app for free.

Comments

• we have an updated version on TestFlight already. Please download the new one.

• Love the icon!

• @gusgranite said:
    Love the icon!

We traced over this image to make the icon:

• Is anyone getting a horrible loud buzzing sound like a sample rate error? I got a bug report with video from someone who has that problem but I can't figure out why it's happening to him.

• edited April 2020

Wow. I would never have thought to play with this this morning ;)

Here is some shout out

Tweet

And loooonger Version on tube

(Normally don’t do YouTube, but in this case it’s more like a journey you cannot skip into 2:20 ;)

Hope you like it — not everyone’s cup of tea

• Nice,gonna test it with my brand new 8 string😀

• @david_2017 said:

Here is some shout out

Tweet

(Normally don’t do YouTube, but in this case it’s more like a journey you cannot skip into 2:20 ;)

It sounds great... reminds me of the intro to some U2 songs. Thanks for posting this. I'll send you a code for a free app install when the app releases.

• Awesome! Thank you good sir!
    Glad you like it! ou dont have twitter, right? I couldn’t really tag you

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@david_2017 said:

Here is some shout out

Tweet

It sounds great... reminds me of the intro to some U2 songs. Thanks for posting this. I'll send you a code for a free app install when the app releases.

• @david_2017 said:
    Awesome! Thank you good sir!
    Glad you like it! ou dont have twitter, right? I couldn’t really tag you

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@david_2017 said:

Here is some shout out

Tweet

Yeah, I don't have a twitter account

• Oh @Blue_Mangoo - you have no idea how long i wanted to play my Kalimba without its attack-peak sometimes!?
    This is just beautiful.

I did set up a spontaneous Jam without anything in mind - just had a good play:

• Very cool

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Oh @Blue_Mangoo - you have no idea how long i wanted to play my Kalimba without its attack-peak sometimes!?
    This is just beautiful.

Thats cool, did you get you electric kalimba on amazon or a nice music shop? Im hoping you'll say the former.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Oh @Blue_Mangoo - you have no idea how long i wanted to play my Kalimba without its attack-peak sometimes!?
    This is just beautiful.

Wow, the kalimba sound is really cool. It sounds kind of like a vibraphone.

What app makes the growling sound in the background?

• @Shiro said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    This is just beautiful.

Thats cool, did you get you electric kalimba on amazon or a nice music shop? Im hoping you'll say the former.

I think my wife has the same kalimba. But it's not really an electric kalimba, is it? You just use a microphone to record it, right?

• @Gavinski @Shiro @Blue_Mangoo
    Thanks people :smile: Loved the sounds also. Definitely not the last usage of this combo!

@Shiro I got i very cheap used from eBay. It has an internal 6.3mm connector to connect to the audio-interface. The brand is „Muspor“. I am sure you can get this on amazon as well.

@Blue_Mangoo That growler is the lovely FRMS from @sinosoidal (Imaginando)

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@Shiro said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    This is just beautiful.

I think my wife has the same kalimba. But it's not really an electric kalimba, is it? You just use a microphone to record it, right?

Quite a few come with line inputs nowadays.

• edited April 2020

Hi @Blue_Mangoo
    Here’s my demo on drum loops and electric guitar:

Very cool plugin!
    Cheers

Guest star: @thesoundtestroom 😄

• @MrBlaschke great idea. Kalimba!!! Awesome

• It is this one, 17 keys Kalimba

• @MrBlaschke said:
    It is this one, 17 keys Kalimba

Dude that is super kind and helpful sir!

• Simple (3 big knobs) and effective FX app.

• @david_2017 said:

Here is some shout out

Tweet

That sounds really nice man. Can I ask what your chain was ? Other than the attack softener

• Couldn’t resist giving this a bit of a goo too :)

• Sure man. Thanks for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Chain was:

Partcaster into iRig HD2 into NEMBRINI BST 100 into Attack softener into AudioDamage Dubstation (long and dark preset) into AudioDamage AdVerb 2 (long and dark preset)

@JackRubinacci said:

@david_2017 said:

Here is some shout out

Tweet

That sounds really nice man. Can I ask what your chain was ? Other than the attack softener

• @Faland said:
    Hi @Blue_Mangoo
    Here’s my demo on drum loops and electric guitar:

Very cool plugin!
    Cheers

Guest star: @thesoundtestroom 😄

Thanks you. ;) This is the first time I am hearing it with electric guitar.

• edited April 2020

@Krupa said:
    Couldn’t resist giving this a bit of a goo too :)

Very nice. ;)

I see you have the depth all the way up. Do you feel the depth isn’t enough? Do we need to open the range for that control to allow it to go up even further?

Originally we set the max depth at 20 because that’s twice as high as what felt like a normal setting to me. But I can imagine that depending on what instrument you are playing into it, the normal setting could change.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@Krupa said:

Very nice. ;)

I see you have the depth all the way up. Do you feel the depth isn’t enough? Do we need to open the range for that control to allow it to go up even further?

Originally we set the max depth at 20 because that’s twice as high as what felt like a normal setting to me. But I can imagine that depending on what instrument you are playing into it, the normal setting could change.

I think I’m just an extremist, might be interesting to see how far it could be pushed...

• @Krupa said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@Krupa said:

Very nice. ;)

I think I’m just an extremist, might be interesting to see how far it could be pushed...

Ok we’ll leave the max at 20 then.

I was thinking at low attack times it might be helpful to have more depth because it would allow you to be extremely sensitive to even the smallest increases in volume. But that could become problematic because it could start detecting attacks in places where it shouldn’t do so.

• I should try mapping controls to pedal as well, you can hear later in the recording that i could do with manually changing the attack or maybe depth to more match what I’m playing...

• On the backend, is this much different from a transient shaper that’s super well calibrated for attenuating attack?

I like how well it does that job with no fuss.