Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SimpleStereoWidening by Joerg Knieschewski

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1501592457

Description:

This AUv3 Audio Unit is an easy to use stereo widening plugin to adjust the stereo image! You can add width and depth to your music without altering the sound! This plugin features an analog like correlation meter inspired by old analog studio console circuits from the golden age of analog recording!

Comments

• Thank you @White and Joerg Knieschewski the developer.

It's really cool.

Looking forward toward to using it in my mixing.

• edited March 2020

I am a first rank tart for wideners m'lud. And it's for the price of free which seems very reasonable. However, I am also a philistine and find this offering a little subtle for my ears and current use.

• Thanks !

Long enjoyed utilising the stereo imaging in Audio Mastering app, will be interested to hear how this compares.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I am a first rank tart for wideners m'lud. And it's for the price of free which seems very reasonable. However, I am also a philistine and find this offering a little subtle for my ears and current use.

Which ones are your favorites? I’ve been using the Blue Mangoo one and it’s very nice but still a little subtler than I want (granted, I’m still feeling my way strong that engine room)

• @white thanks! I’m a sucker for a free AUv3, but then again who in this forum isn’t...

• edited March 2020

@White cheers. Have an issue using in bm3 The plugin does not remember my settings after reload a project, anyone else? Also AUM issue too
    Sounds very good though

• This dev also has a simple, one-knob mastering app that might be worth checking out for a lot of folks around here.

It is free as well, but costs to export your mastered track if you like the result.
    Really cheap, too. Around $0.20 a track, cheaper the more tracks you do.

• I saw that mastering app and was wondering about its quality. The Reviews weren’t flattering but who knows...

• @mulletsaison said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Which ones are your favorites? I’ve been using the Blue Mangoo one and it’s very nice but still a little subtler than I want (granted, I’m still feeling my way strong that engine room)

My all time forever girlfriend is Stereo Design by Holderness. I have told my heart to accept the fact that she will never be AU, but she finds her (single) way into everything. Just lovely.

VoiceRack FX has a nice preset 'Stereo Wide' (IAA and AU!) and I can make some things happen with Virtual Room Pro and Haaze/Haaze2 can also move the needle, but NOT ENOUGH.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mulletsaison said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

My all time forever girlfriend is Stereo Design by Holderness. I have told my heart to accept the fact that she will never be AU, but she finds her (single) way into everything. Just lovely.

VoiceRack FX has a nice preset 'Stereo Wide' (IAA and AU!) and I can make some things happen with Virtual Room Pro and Haaze/Haaze2 can also move the needle, but NOT ENOUGH.

Thanks! Yeah, the Holderness stuff is still top-notch. Johnny remains my favorite tremolo. But I’d forgotten about Stereo Designer, I must admit. Will dust that one off and play around. It really is too bad they won’t ever be AU.

• This is a subtle but elegant "one trick pony" in the best sense of that label. Very nice on the master output of a mix.