Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss - out today + some future plans

Hey folks, I hope you're all keeping OK and finding ways to make up for all the things we can't do right now. Just wanted to give you a headsup that Endlesss, an app for jamming live with others remotely, is now in the appstore. You can grab it here https://apple.co/3bAp1uX. Also check out our launch video which explains how to set up a live jam on Endlesss with friends

I know some of you here are already regular users of Endlesss and it's been an absolute delight having you involved with the beta program. We're very grateful for everything you've helped our community become. The vibe is just wonderful!

I wanted to pop by here - the epicentre of iOS music-making - to let you know about our plans for Endlesss. From the forum.audiob.us perspective there are some things missing such as AUv3 support. Rest assured - we're on it. We're not a large team - only one full time developer right now. We wanted to make the core product as awesome as we could first. We've been focussing on building a stable live collaborative infrastructure and a fast UX that really lets you feel like you're jamming live with others from around the world.

The app is free and there's a premium 'Infinite' tier which gives you access to the full history of every jam and an ever-expanding library of built-in sounds. For now we've made 'Infinite' completely free for the first 2 months, then £4.49 per month after that. We extended our trial period from 7 days to a week since now just... isn't the time!

We're also working on some buy-to-own elements for the subscription-averse as we know that's important to some of you :)

I hope we can bring you some joy and connection in these weird times!

I'm hosting an all-day live-stream of live collaborative jams on Endlesss featuring Imogen Heap, Flux Pavilion, KiNK, Matt Black from Coldcut and Gaz Williams from Sonicstate at live.bandsintown.com all day. Come along and get involved!

Tim

Comments

• Welcome 😺

Just had a quick play and it’s v.fun and easy to use, great job! 👍
    I’m totally subscription-averse, so will definitely appreciate another option..

Many thanks, & all the best! 🐬💗🌈

• @gdog said:
    Welcome 😺

Same here.

Wonderful app but no more subscriptions for me😂

• Good luck with the app! Personally I am not interested in a subscription model.

• Welcome on ABF.
    I was a beta tester and really enjoyed jamming with other people, but I’m not interested too in any form of subscription. Good luck though and stay safe!

• Great idea, but subscription is a deal-breaker for me

• @Charlesalbert said:

@gdog said:
    Welcome 😺

Same here.Make that two, please.
    Wonderful app but no more subscriptions for me😂

Make that two, please. o:)

• No subscription for me either

• Hey y'all. I know it's standard practice on the AB forums to pile on with the "no subscription" response--and I'm looking in the mirror as I've done it many times in the past (and still am averse to subscriptions). But instead of reiterating what we already know (that everyone is averse to subs), how about y'all go try the Endlesss app a bit and offer some congrats to Tim and his team on a significant achievement? I know this sounds like "policing" the responses, but it's not my intent. My intent is to encourage the thoughtful and gracious people who frequent these forums to support a guy and an app that could be really important to a lot of musicians, especially at a time when being quarantined/distanced increases the chances for depression and loneliness.

And, for what it's worth, this is one app that I'll def considering subscribing to because I can clearly see the need (storage of all of the audio files, facilitating collaboration, etc). Given the cost load of cloud storage, even if you don't want to pay for a subscription, perhaps come back with creative ways that you would support an app that could bring you the joy of jamming with amazing musicians anytime you want?

Thanks for "listening".

• It just my honest view, I don't want to have software that is subscription based. Just not interested in that model.

• Yes, but the basic app is free to use, no subscription needed. Anyone can try!

• It is really nice, very unique way to create and I love the emphasis on live performance, something that I do, but often forget to do when using sequencers... I’ve not got my head round the sampler yet though...

• Do you know how much the subscription is? I downloaded the app but don’t want to sign up for something I can’t use without reading terms and conditions, it puts me right off.

• Tim states the terms in the first post.

"For now we've made 'Infinite' completely free for the first 2 months, then £4.49 per month after that. We extended our trial period from 7 days to a week since now just... isn't the time!"

• I absolutely loved the beta. Some of the collaborations I was in were hands down the best musical experiences I had on iOS, maybe anywhere.

I don’t have a ‘no subscriptions’ rule but this is the only music app that I would consider.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Tim states the terms in the first post.

"For now we've made 'Infinite' completely free for the first 2 months, then £4.49 per month after that. We extended our trial period from 7 days to a week since now just... isn't the time!"

Ummm .... a week is how many days? Am I misreading something?

• Cool app, I can see the potential. There is however no connectivity with my iOS ecosystem so if I want to record my brand new FRMS synth...I just can't...Any short term plans for more connectivity @timexile ?

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Tim states the terms in the first post.

Ummm .... a week is how many days? Am I misreading something?

Yes, I was confused by this, too. Perhaps a week is "endlesss" to @timexile ?

• Like others .. cool .. but sorry no subscriptions here either. Good luck 🎹

• As a not-very-social control freak, I'm not sure how much I would use this, but I find the idea fascinating and laudable.

I'm not keen on subscriptions either, but this is exactly the type of app where subscriptions make sense. This is not a "product", this is a service, a platform where people can get together and work and play. Subscriptions make sense when the value is ongoing and variable, where the experience is constantly changing. And that's what you get here. Most people don't have an issue subscribing to Netflix or Spotify because they appreciate the endless supply of content....

Plus a platform requires ongoing labor to keep running. Subscriptions are the only viable way to manage that.

• Subscription is completely optional.
    There’s no essential features behind a paywall.

Thanks very much @timexile for making this!!

• edited March 2020

No auv3 no buy

Eh... wait.. its free

Congratulations on the launch! I enjoyed the moments I had with the beta and hope I can delve into it more in the future

• This app is absolutely amazing fun. Jamming away right now with a mate who claims to not be able to make music and producing really interesting jams. I love it.

• @aplourde said:
    As a not-very-social control freak, I'm not sure how much I would use this, but I find the idea fascinating and laudable.

I'm not keen on subscriptions either, but this is exactly the type of app where subscriptions make sense. This is not a "product", this is a service, a platform where people can get together and work and play. Subscriptions make sense when the value is ongoing and variable, where the experience is constantly changing. And that's what you get here. Most people don't have an issue subscribing to Netflix or Spotify because they appreciate the endless supply of content....

Plus a platform requires ongoing labor to keep running. Subscriptions are the only viable way to manage that.

• This thing has got to be a beast to maintain. Sometimes it just makes sense.
  • wimwim
    edited March 2020

I could be seeing this wrong, but to me this is a totally different, and perfectly justified subscription model. The model that I will never buy into is for apps that want a subscription just for the app to fund development. This is for an ongoing service that requires infrastructure to be maintained. There will be hosting, storage, streaming, and maintenance costs, that somehow, someone has to pay. With the kind of numbers this app could accumulate, those costs would be un-maintainable.

I see it more like Netflix or HBO. Netflix is worth it to me, HBO isn't. Simple choice.

Just wanted to toss that out there. I have the same knee-jerk reaction to the "S" word as anyone else around here. Will not happen for any app, ever, for me. But this service is different, and I think can be evaluated in a completely different light.

• Best of luck with this totally visionary addition to the music world @timexile !

• Is it just me or is the sound quality really horrible when you share to iMessages?

I agree with @wim too, this is the sort of thing a subscription makes perfect sense for, both for the users and the devs.

• edited March 2020

@wim said:
    I could be seeing this wrong, but to me this is a totally different, and perfectly justified subscription model. The model that I will never buy into is for apps that want a subscription just for the app to fund development. This is for an ongoing service that requires infrastructure to be maintained. There will be hosting, storage, streaming, and maintenance costs, that somehow, someone has to pay. With the kind of numbers this app could accumulate, those costs would be un-maintainable.

I see it more like Netflix or HBO. Netflix is worth it to me, HBO isn't. Simple choice.

Just wanted to toss that out there. I have the same knee-jerk reaction to the "S" word as anyone else around here. Will not happen for any app, ever, for me. But this a service is different, and I think can be evaluated in a completely different light.

Agreed, including the sentiment that despite it being a justified business model that I (unfortunately) probably won’t ever pay for a subscription service on my iPad.

Maybe there could be some permanent IAPs that unlock key functionality without requiring subscription in the future?

Obviously the looper should be made into a MIDI AUV3 available as a separate purchase too.
    :D

• Not a knee jerk reaction from me, I don't agree to subscription models for music making. Also you share music on a system but who owns all that music? Does the music become licence to the service? I can never get my head around that stuff.

I do wish the app luck though.

• @Shiro said:
    Not a knee jerk reaction from me, I don't agree to subscription models for music making.

Sure, FWIW, I'm of the same mind. Only my reason is I'm not enough of a socializer to feel like I would enjoy collaborating with others. I can totally see this can be huge for less shy people than me.

• @drcongo said:
    Is it just me or is the sound quality really horrible when you share to iMessages?

Just to answer my own question, iMessages butchers the sound quality. I saved locally and sent again and the sent version is horrible. Should really have an option to share just audio.