Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar interface for iPad? (problem)

Any recommendations for a Guitar interface for iPad?
I would like to send guitar sound from ipad BUT also drum track. If I'm connecting my Irig 2 it completely takes signal from ipad and drum is not going out even it is connected by usb :(

Comments

• Where do you want to send the signal? To your computer via the USB cable?

I have a Zoom U-22 with an Apple USB3 Camera Connection Kit that allows me to plug the iPad into the USB port of my computer that is running OSX. Then any sounds generated on the iPad go to the computer once I enable the iPad in the Audio MIDI Setup screen.

• Guys, I know there are discussions about this thing in the forum, but... a cheap audio interface for recording FROM Mac TO iPad ?

• Well it's not the problem to route signal from ipad to the computer (through iconnectaudio4+) BUT to route both guitar signal (through ipad fx) and also drums from a dum app in my Ipad

• Hi. Can you use AudioBus or AUM to run the drums and guitar –> FX in parallel with mixed output?

• @uncledave said:
    Hi. Can you use AudioBus or AUM to run the drums and guitar –> FX in parallel with mixed output?

No. I'm connected with ipad with ICA4+ but if I plug the Irig 2 to the jack input (in my hyperdrive hub), all channels in ICA4+ disappears from hardware input and output list

• Ah. You didn't mention all these extra parts. I think the iPad can only manage one audio interface at a time. Can't you drop the irig and run the guitar through the ICA4+? It sounds like a very capable interface.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@uncledave said:
    Hi. Can you use AudioBus or AUM to run the drums and guitar –> FX in parallel with mixed output?

No. I'm connected with ipad with ICA4+ but if I plug the Irig 2 to the jack input (in my hyperdrive hub), all channels in ICA4+ disappears from hardware input and output list

iOS only supports one audio interface at a time. So, plugging in your iRig causes it to become the active audio input/output device.

• @uncledave said:
    Ah. You didn't mention all these extra parts. I think the iPad can only manage one audio interface at a time. Can't you drop the irig and run the guitar through the ICA4+? It sounds like a very capable interface.

Thanks. It turned out that I already have a good interface :blush: