Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.0.2 + Cubasis LE 3 available

LFSLFS
edited March 2020 in General App Discussion

Hi all,

Hopefully you are all well!

I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of the next Cubasis 3.0.2 update, which brings back the long-awaited Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit functionality, alongside resolving further issues.

Next to this, we've also released Cubasis LE 3*, the compact version of Cubasis which comes bundled with many hardware devices from Yamaha, Steinberg and many more from well-known 3rd parties.

Please make sure to stay healthy during these times!

If you like the the new versions, please support us by rating the apps!

Thank you!

Stay well
& enjoy making music,
Lars

*Cubasis LE 3 runs in demo mode, until being unlocked via a compatible hardware device

Comments

• Cubasis 3.0.2 Version History

Features
    CBT-1416 MiniSampler Full Feature Update
    CBT-0970 Apple Pencil Support
    CBT-1409 Audiobus SDK 3.0.11

Maintenance and improvements
    CBT-1388 Switching to home screen while background audio is enabled and playback is running, no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-1432 Importing an audio or MIDI file, while a group track is selected no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-1219 Resolves a problem, where loading a project which is set to a different sample rate causes detuning.
    CBT-1481 Addresses a problem where MicroSonic release times are played too long, compared to Cubasis 2.
    CBT-1385 Inter-App Audio track monitoring now works as expected.
    Holding a keyboard key and moving up into the minimap no longer leads to loud notes.
    CBT-1401 Resolves a problem where MIDI effect plug-ins are listed as regular insert effects in the mixer.
    CBT-1556 Addresses a problem, where the MediaBay toolbar is not properly updated, when switching to the instruments
    folder.
    CBT-1330 Registering Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
    CBT-1522 Solves a graphical issue, where the monitoring button appears on MIDI tracks in the mixer.
    CBT-1555 Resolves a graphical issue, where the my presets list have the wrong height.

• edited March 2020

For reference, here's the compatible hardware list. Take a look...you'd be surprised that your hardware is on the list.:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis_le/compatible_hardware.html

• LFSLFS
    edited March 2020

Cubasis + Cubasis LE 3 Sale (ends April 8, 2020)

Cubasis
    Cubasis 3 $33.99/37.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    Cubasis 2 $15.99/17.99€ (Reg. $23.99/26.99€)

Cubasis In-App Purchases *
    ・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    ・Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
    ・FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

・Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP $22.99/20.99€ (Reg. $32.99/29.99€)

*Existing Cubasis 2 in-app purchases can be freely transferred to Cubasis 3. Existing Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases can be freely transferred to Cubasis LE 3 or Cubasis 3.

• Hey @LFS

So am I right in thinking if I download Cubasis LE 3, hook up my UR22mkII to unlock I can then access an IAP to convert Cubasis LE 3 to the full version?

If so, this is great! Means I get it for $20 less instead of buying it outright.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@LFS said:
    *Existing Cubasis 2 in-app purchases can be freely transferred to Cubasis 3. Existing Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases can be freely transferred to Cubasis LE 3 or Cubasis 3.

So just to confirm: I have Cubasis LE2 and with every IAP, including the full-function update. Do I understand this correctly to say I could purchase Cubasis 3 full version and have all my IAP’s transfer. So, in effect I’d end up with Cubasis 3 full version, loaded with all IAPs that I had in Cubasis LE2?

I hope I didn’t word that to confusingly. Basically I want to know if I can get out of the “LE” world completely, while still having all my plugins, etc I purchased in LE2.

• The sonic ports are on that list! Good thing they work again now :)

• I think an upgrade 'sale' for Cubasis 2 owners (50%) would be nice..

• Update is not available yet here in canada

• I think I’m looking at $22.99 to go from LE2 with all IAPs to LE3 with all IAPs. Or $33.99 to go from LE2 to 3-Full?

Is that right?

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@RajahP said:
    I think an upgrade 'sale' for Cubasis 2 owners (50%) would be nice..

That conversation has already been had. I don’t think that’s in the cards. (And I’m cool with it, but that’s just me.)

• LFSLFS
    edited March 2020

@RajahP said:

Hi @RajahP,

We've released a Cubasis Sale Statement regarding this topic, please find it here.

Best,
    Lars

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

What you mention in the article isso very true ... I got LE2 for free, and upgraded for ridiculously cheap in a sale. In my case bundle pricing would surely be higher than just buying the app.

• LFSLFS
    edited March 2020

@wim said:

@LFS said:

So just to confirm: I have Cubasis LE2 and with every IAP, including the full-function update. Do I understand this correctly to say I could purchase Cubasis 3 full version and have all my IAP’s transfer. So, in effect I’d end up with Cubasis 3 full version, loaded with all IAPs that I had in Cubasis LE2?

I hope I didn’t word that to confusingly. Basically I want to know if I can get out of the “LE” world completely, while still having all my plugins, etc I purchased in LE2.

Hi @wim,

Thanks for your message.

With the release of Cubasis 3, we've learned that some user wanted to transfer their Cubasis LE 2 purchases to Cubasis 3.
    Gladly, our engineering has been able to make this happen.

Here are the steps:
    How to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases

Important: Please make sure to have the exact app store versions installed or not installed, as mentioned in the article, otherwise it will not work.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS Thanks for the update. Appreciate the wonderful support you and your team gives us.

• @LFS said:

@RajahP said:

Hi @RajahP,

We've released a Cubasis Sale Statement regarding this topic, please find it here.

Best,
    Lars

Which simply isn't true, it is impossible for an app bundle with price reduction based on previous purchase to cost more than the standalone cost, unless Apple has changed its system in the last couple of days, they always charge the lower of the two prices.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@LFS said:

@wim said:

@LFS said:

Hi @wim,

Thanks for your message.

With the release of Cubasis 3, we've learned that some user wanted to transfer their Cubasis LE 2 purchases to Cubasis 3.
    Gladly, our engineering has been able to make this happen.

Here are the steps:
    How to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases

Important: Please make sure to have the exact app store versions installed or not installed, as mentioned in the article, otherwise it will not work.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Thanks - that makes it clear that I can get to Full-3 and how to do it. I’m still trying to understand the cost difference for going from LE2-Full to LE3-Full vs. going from LE2-Full to C3-Full.

If I understand it correctly, both options would end up with the same functionality? But it may be worth it to me to get out of the LE second-class citizen status. ;)

• Oh FYI, I think your sale price is a fair upgrade price anyway, I was just pointing out that that wasnt a fact above ;)

• LFSLFS
    edited March 2020

@Thelast27 said:
    Hey @LFS

So am I right in thinking if I download Cubasis LE 3, hook up my UR22mkII to unlock I can then access an IAP to convert Cubasis LE 3 to the full version?

If so, this is great! Means I get it for $20 less instead of buying it outright.

Hi @Thelast27,

Thank you for your comment.

The UZR22mkII entitles you to unlock both Cubasis LE 3 from demo mode.

Important point:
    The Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP, updates Cubasis LE 3 with the features of Cubasis 3.

It is technically not possible to offer direct updates to other App Store versions.

So you stay with Cubasis LE 3, which is updated with the features of Cubasis 3. Cubasis LE 3 app icon and app name remains the same, launch screen will say "Cubasis 3" after the update.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
    Lars

• edited March 2020

@LFS Thanks for this release. I knew it was coming this/next month but I'm happy with my decision to get Cubasis 2. Plus, I can test out 3 with the LE unlock for my project, so for me it's a win.

Will the feature comparison still be the same?- https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis_le/feature_comparison.html?

• Sorry @Lars

Sorry for being stupid - so I can't convert LE to the fully functioning version of Cubasis 3?

There's an IAP called 'Cubasis full feature set' for $32.99 AUD - will this not convert LE to fully functioning with more than 4 tracks?

• @Samflash3 said:
    @LFS Thanks for this release. I knew it was coming this/next month but I'm happy with my decision to get Cubasis 2. Plus, I can test out 3 with the LE unlock for my project, so for me it's a win.

Will the feature comparison still be the same- https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis_le/feature_comparison.html?

Hi @Samflash3,

Thank you for your message.

Since it can take some time, until release app versions are visible in all countries, we've been releasing these early in the morning ahead of PR announcements or web updates etc.

The new Cubasis LE 3 website will be launched around noon our time in Germany, and comes with a new comparison chart.

Will update the thread, once the new website becomes available.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @Thelast27 said:
    Sorry @Lars

Sorry for being stupid - so I can't convert LE to the fully functioning version of Cubasis 3?

There's an IAP called 'Cubasis full feature set' for $32.99 AUD - will this not convert LE to fully functioning with more than 4 tracks?

Hi @Thelast27,

No worries, the "Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP" will update Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3.

Hope that helps!

Lars

• @LFS Great! That's the cheaper way of owning CB3 - thank you!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@LFS said:

@Thelast27 said:
    Sorry @Lars

Hi @Thelast27,

No worries, the "Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP" will update Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3.

Hope that helps!

Lars

... with the understanding that while functionally equivalent to Cubasis 3, it will still be “Cubasis LE-3”.

• edited March 2020

@wim said:

@LFS said:

@Thelast27 said:
    Sorry @Lars

Hi @Thelast27,

Hope that helps!

Lars

... with the understanding that while functionally equivalent to Cubasis 3, it will still be “Cubasis LE-3”.

So, if I have a son or a twin brother, would his name be called Samflash LE-3?🤔🤣😁

• Nice update!

Hope to see the sampler evolve in the future :)

Using any track (wih AUv3 etc) as input to the sampler would be nice as well as an option to fine-tume the samples. I’ve kinda started to like the way the Garaband sampler it’s fast to work with, drag’n’drop from timeline to sampler track, but it lacks many basic editing features...

• Does this hardware upgrade work for already owned devices? How would I make it work with my Zoom U-44 if I bought Cubasis 3 LE?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Does this hardware upgrade work for already owned devices? How would I make it work with my Zoom U-44 if I bought Cubasis 3 LE?

Hi @Michael_R_Grant,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis LE 3 can be unlocked from demo mode via connecting a compatible hardware device.
    Demo mode unlock works with the same device, supported with Cubasis LE 2.

Plus, you can freely transfer existing Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases:
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=184465

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS Apologies if this is a noob question. I do have Cubasis 2 LE + all IAPs + Cubasis 3 LE already unlocked. If I transfer all IAPs to C3LE from C2LE, are they removed from C2LE or, should I find that C3LE is not good for me, can I reinstall C2LE and find all my IAPs there? Thanks, Alessandro