Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an AU sampler/grooveboox etc with iOptigan-esue functions?

After playing with iOptigan I've been hankering after something that would play my own samples/loops in a similar way. I'd like to load a some samples of rhythms plus single chords and bass onto pads, then be able to trigger them at anytime with the playback position in sync. ie, if all loops are 2 bars long, and I switch pads 1 bar through a loop, the new pad starts from that point of the loop, not the beginning.

The cool thing with iOptigan is that the first pad/button starts the clock, and all subsequent buttons are in sync. But you can start that first one without any reference to a click or count in, so it's great for live performance.

Does anyone know of anything that could work in the same way, more or less?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

There are combinations of settings in Loopy that should do what you want. I’m not sure how far out Loopy Pro is from being released though, so it might make sense to wait if you don’t already have Loopy HD.

Group the Loop probably would do this as well.

You can also just set up your samples in AUM sample player slots, all running, then just use mute/unmute, or maybe better, automate volume to get a bit of fade in.

If you’re looking to quantize your muting and unmuting to beats, you might want a Mozaic script that does that. I think there’s one on PatchStorage.com.

• Oh they are some interesting options. I'd be likely using GTL in conjunction with this to maybe loop some guitar. But I also have Loopy so I'll look into that. For some reason it didn't occur to me to use it like that, with pre loaded loops.

• I badly want an optician type sampler too, it just makes sense doesn’t it