Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ipad midi to electribe

is it possible? i want to sequence my electribe with fugue and of course others, this is what i got
also clock sync ?

Comments

• edited March 2020

Maybe try AudioBus since it gives you access to route to specific Midi Channels to see if the signal flow is working when the iPad is pointed to the Electribe.

With AUM it’s a little bit more difficult to route to specific channels without some other utilities.

• edited March 2020

Fugue machine doesn't support clock sync from the app store description but KORG Gadget does. It also adds a bunch of instruments that would fit the Electribe nicely 😊
    If you want another groove box with user samples, a wavetable synth and parameter locks in sequenced tracks then I'd recommend to have the Electribe be the MIDI clock master and run Groove Rider as a clock slave. Works perfectly and opens up a new world of sounds.
    This way you can also control the transport using hardware buttons.

• @echoopera said:
    Maybe try AudioBus since it gives you access to route to specific Midi Channels to see if the signal flow is working when the iPad is pointed to the Electribe.

With AUM it’s a little bit more difficult to route to specific channels without some other utilities.

good point, ab is great for midi routing...i forgot!
    i still have no idea how to connect the electribe to ipad tho

@rs2000 said:
    Fugue machine doesn't support clock sync from the app store description but KORG Gadget does. It also adds a bunch of instruments that would fit the Electribe nicely 😊
    If you want another groove box with user samples, a wavetable synth and parameter locks in sequenced tracks then I'd recommend to have the Electribe be the MIDI clock master and run Groove Rider as a clock slave. Works perfectly and opens up a new world of sounds.
    This way you can also control the transport using hardware buttons.

that sounds good, i def love gadget...i don’t have groove rider but i keep eye balling it, however i’ve been waiting for drambo spend anymore money on ios... but that’s tempting..

i guess i don’t know how to route the electribe to the ipad. do i need some type of midi routing hardware? right now the cck is hooked up to my audio interface with no midi...would i need a midi interface?

• edited March 2020

i guess i don’t know how to route the electribe to the ipad. do i need some type of midi routing hardware? right now the cck is hooked up to my audio interface with no midi...would i need a midi interface?

You know what? I'd plug a pair of Bluetooth MIDI dongles into your KORG MIDI adapters delivered with the Electribe and use the wireless MIDI connection. Wireless is fun.

Edit: Drambo is great on its own but you'll likely need AB3 to sync it with the Electribe.

• @rs2000 said:

You know what? I'd plug a pair of Bluetooth MIDI dongles into your KORG MIDI adapters delivered with the Electribe and use the wireless MIDI connection. Wireless is fun.

Edit: Drambo is great on its own but you'll likely need AB3 to sync it with the Electribe.

lol sheesh dude i guess i posted this question a year ago 😂 totally forgot but i def think the bt dongle maybe the way to go... my memory is fading 😀🤣

• @reasOne Nice to chat anyway 😎

• @rs2000 said:
    @reasOne Nice to chat anyway 😎

ya it was a different post with the same question, my brain is trash 🤣🤣🤣 but between the two threads i should have my solution, off all next week and my model samples is arriving today so i’ll be trying to string all these together to make some synced up jams