Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can I please vent? (Files)

I wish things just stayed like they were with open in/send to for many apps.

It may be just me, I CANNOT STAND "files" on iPad.

It is drudgery with the lack of easy auditioning and moving things and what seems so antiquated.

I need to get a file from Audioshare to JammPro.

So, I cannot just SEND the wav file to JammPro?

I need to go into files and blah and blah blah.......

Or am I wrong?

I know some people blow their zippers out over this file management and use system.

But for me on iOS, it add so many steps and times in lieu of just send it from a to b.

I hope I don't understand something with this process, but overall I fell the same.

I feel the file system dissuades me from using apps that force me to use it.

Easier to just you MacBook and move things around.

Maybe Apple should just cut the price a tad on the iPads so they had sufficient memory at a REASONABLE price. That way we could avoid the games of not needing to use space to store files.

I am a little stressed and needed to let that out.

THANKS

Comments

• Yes, ios stopped being my main platform for music because I couldn’t deal with the lack of a proper filesystem. I spent so much time on workarounds and not enough time making music. With my ADHD, the more things that get in the way, the more chances for me to get distracted, go down rabbit holes, or put things off.

• @mrufino1 : ADD here too and I feel ya loud and clear. Ever try NS2 though? It’s for a built in file system that seems to keep everything sorted including not only auv3’s but the names of all the presets too.. Someine please correct me if I’m wrong .

• @Telstar5 said:
    @mrufino1 : ADD here too and I feel ya loud and clear. Ever try NS2 though? It’s for a built in file system that seems to keep everything sorted including not only auv3’s but the names of all the presets too.. Someine please correct me if I’m wrong .

I have it but I am mostly working with band recordings and live recordings these days, so iOS really functions as an adjunct for me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I still miss sonoma copy/paste. Lol.

• Files is exceptionally picky about what files it allows to be opened in which apps. It doesn’t display extensions, so you can’t really know what format the files are if they’re
    not the most common type. Trying to cope with an Affinity - Clip Studio Paint workflow is a nightmare.

I basically just use the Dropbox app and Airdrop for all things. Files is a last resort. But that goes for every Apple app. Smooth on the surface, but scratching it reveals an epic can of worms.