Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spotify App broken without internet?

I have several Spotify albums stored on my iPad.
To not accidentially stream or download content over mobile connection, i removed Mobile Data from Spotify, so it can only download in WiFi.

Running around, i now noticed that Spotify could not play the next song from an album.

Neither automatically, nor when pressing the ">>|" symbol.

I also trier the wierd new big play button that is shown in an album, and even seeked a way to add that album to a playlist instead (but i could not find a way to do this).

Only finally, i allowed Spotify to access mobilr data and..... it worked again!

I never before noticed this behavior and hope that this is a bug that get's fixed, not a new way to force people using mobile data.

Comments

• @tja That’s strange. I just turned off the wi-fi on my iPad to test this and my downloaded albums played fine. It’s a wi-fi only iPad.. no cellular connection.

• Did you close out and then restart Spotify? That’s worked for me when offline isn’t cooperating.

• @_mwallace said:
    @tja That’s strange. I just turned off the wi-fi on my iPad to test this and my downloaded albums played fine. It’s a wi-fi only iPad.. no cellular connection.

I disabled both WiFi and also enabled Flight Mode.
    Are you at iPadOS 13.4?

• @xraydash said:
    Did you close out and then restart Spotify? That’s worked for me when offline isn’t cooperating.

Yes, multiple times.

And it is easily reproducable:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bshp1uikyahdsei/Video 28.03.20, 15 28 57.mp4?dl=0
    or
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bshp1uikyahdsei/Video 28.03.20, 15 28 57.mp4?dl=1

Here, i simply press the "play next" button, but instead, it stops!

BTW, i noticed that i cannot upload from Photos to dropbox anymore - it is required to select a person as target?!?
    I could upload from the dropbox App then.

• This happened to me with the PC app yesterday. The app insisted it was offline. I used the browser instead without issues, so I uninstalled the app (again). No issues with the mobile app.

• edited March 2020

@tja said:

@_mwallace said:
    @tja That’s strange. I just turned off the wi-fi on my iPad to test this and my downloaded albums played fine. It’s a wi-fi only iPad.. no cellular connection.

I disabled both WiFi and also enabled Flight Mode.
    Are you at iPadOS 13.4?

Yes, 13.4 iPad Pro 12.9” 1st Gen.

There was a Spotify update a day or 2 ago.. I updated.. if you haven’t yet, maybe that’s something they fixed?

• No, i am current every day, multiple times ;-)

• @tja said:
    No, i am current every day, multiple times ;-)

Same here always updating haha. I checked out your videos of the issue and I’m unable to reproduce the problem here. Turned off WiFi and put in airplane mode and every downloaded album I tried works fine offline, skip song button works as intended. I hope you figure it out, sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

• @_mwallace said:

@tja said:
    No, i am current every day, multiple times ;-)

Same here always updating haha. I checked out your videos of the issue and I’m unable to reproduce the problem here. Turned off WiFi and put in airplane mode and every downloaded album I tried works fine offline, skip song button works as intended. I hope you figure it out, sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Strange.

Thanks for the information!