Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can you load your own Drum Kits in SeekBeats?

Just curious about this. Can you load new Drum Kits into SeekBeats? Haven't been able to find that ability and was wondering if it was even possible. The website says... Sound Banks: Load and save your favorite sounds.

Comments

• edited March 2014

SeekBeats doesn't use samples. It's all synthesized. It comes loaded with quite a few various drum sound presets. I'm guessing the dev just meant the fact that you can make your own sounds/banks/kits/whatever you wanna call it, and save them, just like in any other synth.

A preset sharing thing would be fun to have though

• Ah, that would make sense.

Is there another app that uses drum samples where you can manipulate the sound as well as SeekBeats does?

• I don't own seekbeats, so I can't speak on that, but one option may be to use dm1 on the bus through your effect of choice, I like Moogs filteron on drums.

• edited March 2014

to answer the OP's inquiry, there isn't an app that I know of that can manipulate drum samples in the way seekbeats lets you manipulate sounds. Mainly because Seekbeats is a synth with in-depth synthesis options of a tone and not a recorded sample.

• edited March 2014

You should view seekbeats like a drum synth with emphasis on synth. Each drum sound has 2 oscillators and plenty of parameters to tweak. It is not sample based as most drumming apps therefore it wouldn't make sense to upload drumkits. It would be an interesting addition to be able to upload own waveforms though. Who knows maybe it is possible via if ifunbox?

• I was always wondering if you can automate SeekBeats like for example iELECTRIBE?

• @firejan82 said:

I was always wondering if you can automate SeekBeats like for example iELECTRIBE?

That is actually a good point, I totally forgot ielectribe was automateable from within the app. I wonder if seekbeats dev is listening in.

• Not quite automation but you can set most parameters to change on where you tap a pad, for instance. I use this a lot.