Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody got a lead on the best deals on SSDs?

edited March 2020 in Other

I'm partial to Samsung t5s etc..
looking for something cheaper than new egg?

Comments

• So, you mean external? SATA or m.2? There are a few 1tb m.2 drives on sale. Slickdeals should have the info. KinjaDeals is the other site that posts regularly.

Have not seen many SATA drives for sale, though there was an external SATA by WD (maybe?) for sale recently. Might still be. Again, check those two sites.

• the external ssd's are so convenient to switch between machines I'm pretty much sticking to them these days..thanks for those two sites will check'em out

• @kobamoto said:
    the external ssd's are so convenient to switch between machines I'm pretty much sticking to them these days..thanks for those two sites will check'em out

I have gotten my ssd’s from either amazon or micro center (there’s one near my house), and for externals I just get an enclosure.

• sticking with convenience on this one, but thanks

• I really like samsung SSD i use a T1, T3 and a T5. Sometimes they on a crazy deal. I got my 2TB T5 for about half of the "normal" price. Also if a new comes out (like the T7) you often get good deals. But in general the samsung SSDs are really great for the price. Not sure if you also need to format them to run much faster on iOS like its needed for mac usage.
    I guess yes. I format them to use the APFS and it is night and day. So if you use it for just Apple devices it is recommended anyway.
    I also wonder now if i can use these to store and stream samples with iOS music apps.
    I´m still undecided to upgrade to a new iPad Pro 2020 and wonder if i could save space and money and just use my extern SSD´s. So if i could save and load all my sample content on it i would have no need to go for the expensive 1TB version.

• Very happy with my 1TB T5 SSD.
    Switching between iPads and Macs without problems. BUT I would not rely my iPad fully on external storage and go minimal - it just don’t feels right. Go at least medium with the iPad itself.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    BUT I would not rely my iPad fully on external storage and go minimal - it just don’t feels right. Go at least medium with the iPad itself.

That’s the right call IMO.i went with the 64GB mini when it came out, and I’m now regretting it. I struggle to keep more than 10gb free space, which is not ideal. I’m considering upgrading to the new 11” pro with 256 gb. That should meet my needs for the forseeable future, considering I store anything I can externally.

• I agree
    Nearly got mini 5 for the form factor, but went iPad pro 11inch with 256gig, still got 150gig left, so I would say aim high on storage, if you don't intend to buy another pad for a few years

• @kobamoto said:
    sticking with convenience on this one, but thanks

It takes about 30 seconds to put the drive in an enclosure, just food for thought.

• @mrufino1 said:

@kobamoto said:
    sticking with convenience on this one, but thanks

It takes about 30 seconds to put the drive in an enclosure, just food for thought.

And once you put it in an enclosure it’s a portable drive.