Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saving effects presets in aum?

A bit confused, do you save your effect presets within aum or the app?
(Saved in both places in pic)
-thx

Comments

• If you save it in AUM, it's only available in AUM.
    If you save it in the plugin, it will be available in other hosts like Audiobus 3, Cubasis...
    Some AU plugs don't have the option to save in the app, like Blamsoft...

• If you save them in AUM you can load them on „Project Load“ automatically...
    I decide from app to app which way i want to go.
    In some apps i do both (like you did in the picture)

• I echo both points. I save in both AUM and the app wherever possible and just make sure I name them the same thing.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    If you save it in AUM, it's only available in AUM.
    If you save it in the plugin, it will be available in other hosts like Audiobus 3, Cubasis...
    Some AU plugs don't have the option to save in the app, like Blamsoft...

Essentially correct, but since AUM 1.3.4 (running on iOS 13), it's possible to save presets in the AUM preset browser that save into the AU, so they get shared between hosts.

However, plugins need to be updated to do this:

And furthermore, I think the hosts need updates as well as presets that I've saved in AUM, into the plugins, don't show in AB, apeMatrix or Auria....

• @aplourde Ah, so that's what this means "Audio Unit Extensions now support user presets that are available across all host applications."

Pretty cool, once AU devs get onboard. Thanks.