Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wolfgang Palm apps not available on AppStore

2»

Comments

• @Carnbot said:
    It‘s a pity that the AU versions are a bit unfinished because they were developed when the technology was younger so they aren’t the full versions. That’s why I don’t load them up very much.

You can still download apps with some older versions of iTunes on Windows. Unfortunately I think you can only download ones not now removed from the store. So maybe iMazing allows that...I’ve already backed them up luckily.

According to https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37894/can-not-download-my-ipa-purchases-updates-via-itunes-12-6-3-at-moment-anyone-else this is also not possible anymore...

• @tja said:

@Carnbot said:
    It‘s a pity that the AU versions are a bit unfinished because they were developed when the technology was younger so they aren’t the full versions. That’s why I don’t load them up very much.

You can still download apps with some older versions of iTunes on Windows. Unfortunately I think you can only download ones not now removed from the store. So maybe iMazing allows that...I’ve already backed them up luckily.

According to https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37894/can-not-download-my-ipa-purchases-updates-via-itunes-12-6-3-at-moment-anyone-else this is also not possible anymore...

It’s working fine for me today

• I have downloaded my PPG apps to my kids iPad as well just in case...

• Glad I got Wavemapper when I did.

• I just realised tomorrow I'l get new iPad (my Air 1 tragically died) and there's no PPG in appstore. I'm somehow new to iOS and curious is it possible to transfer all my stuff including PPG from old iPad to new? PPG Infinite became my favourite ios synth, can't leave without it.
    Thanks for help!

• You should still be able to install it from your purchase history.

• I’ve just bought a new IPad. Thanks God I’ve managed to download them all from my account. But now if I will change in the future, after the end of 2020, I will have no more. I have to find a way. I will try Imazing.

• @Hypervox, thanks cool news, thanks!

• Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but with the news about iOS vulnerability, I want to update my iPad’s OS soon as possible. Has anyone already updated to 14 that uses Mr. Palm’s apps. Do they still work?

• edited July 2021

@brenner13 said:
    Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but with the news about iOS vulnerability, I want to update my iPad’s OS soon as possible. Has anyone already updated to 14 that uses Mr. Palm’s apps. Do they still work?

I only have his WaveGenerator and tested it in AUM (iOS 14.7.1) and that still works. It would be very nice if someone is willing and able to continue Wolfgangs work on iOS.

• edited July 2021

I have WaveMapper, WaveGenerator, Infinite and Phonem and they all work on 14.6...(haven't gotten around to updating to 14.7.1 yet)

• @lasselu said:
    I have WaveMapper, WaveGenerator, Infinite and Phonem and they all work on 14.6...(haven't gotten around to updating to 14.7.1 yet)

They work fine under 14.7.1 as well... (Just tested on my iPad Air 2).

• Suh-WEET!
    Thank you!

• @rs2000 said:

@Sergiu said:
    oh no...

Say hello to jailbreaks 🤭

Hello! In this case that’s the only way to kill this FOMO currently.
    Any success stories?

• edited August 2021

Jailbreaking rules. I miss those days of actually having a computer file system to browse, edit, store and save. Of course, naughty me dabbled in pirating apps back then too (not proud but not apologizing, and I did end up buying all the good ones) and you could even torrent on it (ditto). I’d do it again in a second minus the stealing if an actual new robust jailbreak would pop up.

• edited August 2021

In other news, can someone please explain to me a reliable way to program the teeny fidgety mod matrix in Infinite? I’m feeling brave enough to try it again. Maybe the pencil will work with it and help.

• edited August 2021

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@rs2000 said:

@Sergiu said:
    oh no...

Any success stories?

From my understanding the current IPAs for Infinite/WaveMapper/WaveGenerator on appcake crash on load. At least on an iPad Pro 10.5 2nd gen running iOS 14.3.

If someone was able to rip new ones maybe that'd change ;)

If Plugin Alliance adds the PPG apps back to the app store I will buy them all.

• Man, reading the recent updates to this thread in tears. Well, not literally. But man, these are great apps.

I have them all running on my iOS 10 iPad Air 2. I currently have a pro on 14 for my day-to-day iPad. I'm not planning on getting a new iPad until next year, but I may pull the trigger early just to download these apps before the end of 2020.

Steve loved to shred stuff. I will always remember the sculpture garden at Infinite Loop, and how sad I was when Steve literally had the sculptures shredded.

If anyone knows about life being fleeting, it's Steve I guess.

• @oat_phipps said:
    In other news, can someone please explain to me a reliable way to program the teeny fidgety mod matrix in Infinite? I’m feeling brave enough to try it again. Maybe the pencil will work with it and help.

I’m using a £10 stylus and it’s working very well. The trick is to not click on the matrix field itself but to first select a column and then click on the parameter name (the row). So you click outside the matrix field, if that makes sense.

• @quartzite said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@rs2000 said:

@Sergiu said:
    oh no...

Any success stories?

From my understanding the current IPAs for Infinite/WaveMapper/WaveGenerator on appcake crash on load. At least on an iPad Pro 10.5 2nd gen running iOS 14.3.

I could do this if you can direct me to a reliable jailbreak. I’m too lazy to sift through that awful zone of the internet to find out. But def interested in jailbreaking again if someone has a good link.

• @oat_phipps said:

@quartzite said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@rs2000 said:

@Sergiu said:
    oh no...

Any success stories?

I could do this if you can direct me to a reliable jailbreak. I’m too lazy to sift through that awful zone of the internet to find out. But def interested in jailbreaking again if someone has a good link.

Well, apart from the hassle jailbreaking has become now, if the sideloaded IPA crashes then there's maybe not much hope to get it working.

I have a few of the PPG desktop versions and hope to keep them working inside a VM for some time... Not for daily work though. And since the market has recently been flooded with new wavetable synths, it's not that we don't have interesting alternatives 😉

• @oat_phipps said:

@quartzite said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@rs2000 said:

@Sergiu said:
    oh no...

Any success stories?

I've done this jailbreak before, its the current one people use and its pretty easy. https://unc0ver.dev/ .

• Really disappointed with Plugin Alliance on how they have handled this transition. I asked a very respectful question about it on their Facebook group but they deleted the post.

• I don't think anyone had many expectations on seeing these PPG apps available again, but this email response killed whatever bit of hope I had left.

"Thank you for contacting support., I apologize for the long delay in responding to you.

There is no more support from PPG; besides that, their installation server will continue until the end of 2021.

We do not have a set date yet when we will be releasing PPG licenses on our platform, however, we will be notifying PPG´s previous customers when we do.

How to install PPG licenses on your phone workaround- https://www.howtogeek.com/398923/how-to-download-apps-that-are-no-longer-in-your-phones-app-store/"

Maybe I'm wrong and Plugin Alliance will find a way to create a subscription bundle for AUv3s on iOS... not that I'd pay for that anyways.