Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wolfgang Palm apps not available on AppStore

I never had the chance of purchasing one of his apps...why his wavegenerator it’s not available any longer ?

«1

Comments

  • oh no...

  • @Sergiu said:
    oh no...

    Say hello to jailbreaks 🤭

  • nah...Nave all the way! Wish it was auv

  • edited March 27

    So if I cancel them I can not have them anymore? Is there a way to save the app on the pc to restore completely when change iPad?

  • @Charlesalbert said:
    So if I cancel them I can not have them anymore? Is there a way to save the app on the pc to restore completely when change iPad?

    You should still be able to restore apps from your account under the ‘Purchased’ tab.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    So if I cancel them I can not have them anymore? Is there a way to save the app on the pc to restore completely when change iPad?

    You should still be able to restore apps from your account under the ‘Purchased’ tab.

    Thanks. I thought that if the dev doesn’t pay Apple fee anymore, they would cancel the app at all, even from the purchased apps.

  • @Charlesalbert said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    So if I cancel them I can not have them anymore? Is there a way to save the app on the pc to restore completely when change iPad?

    You should still be able to restore apps from your account under the ‘Purchased’ tab.

    Thanks. I thought that if the dev doesn’t pay Apple fee anymore, they would cancel the app at all, even from the purchased apps.

    Hm. I was able to reinstall several apps that had disappeared from the App Store. I assume that the developer account wasn’t active anymore in those cases. Please don’t punch me if that turns out not to be true.

    It used to be that one could make backups via iTunes but this isn’t possible anymore.

  • Imazing still let you archive the ipa files last time I tried.

  • It seems that you’ll be able to download them from purchased apps only until the end of this year...

  • @Charlesalbert said:
    So if I cancel them I can not have them anymore? Is there a way to save the app on the pc to restore completely when change iPad?

    Yeah I’d like to know that too. Is there a way to back up all your apps on a computer and restore them to another iPad independent of using the App Store? The PPG apps are very important for me.

  • @cloudswimmer said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    So if I cancel them I can not have them anymore? Is there a way to save the app on the pc to restore completely when change iPad?

    Yeah I’d like to know that too. Is there a way to back up all your apps on a computer and restore them to another iPad independent of using the App Store? The PPG apps are very important for me.

    You can download all your apps even one’s where the developer no longer exists, to a desktop computer and install them on a new iDevice by using iMazing.

  • Super useful. I will buy it.

  • These things don’t use very much storage.

    Just don’t delete them after December 31st 2020 and you won’t be affected.

    The future of the iOS apps was yet to be decided last I heard so they may well be available forever.

  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    These things don’t use very much storage.

    Just don’t delete them after December 31st 2020 and you won’t be affected.

    The future of the iOS apps was yet to be decided last I heard so they may well be available forever.

    The problem is that if you ever need to restore your device, you won't be able to re-download. It is probably a good idea to download copies if you own them.

    Anyone that wants to see them continue to exist on iOS needs to contact the new company. Their current plan is NOT to make them available. It isn't even clear that their support people know that the iOS versions exist based on my email exchange with them.

  • edited March 27

    I’ll be honest. They are impressive, but not so impressive I gave them the time to properly learn them, although I did read the manuals each time. They’re more impressive from a technical and ambitious standpoint than they are from the go-to synths standpoint. My feeling towards eventually losing them is lukewarm at best. There’s always something else to fiddle with.

  • edited March 27

    @oat_phipps said:
    I’ll be honest. They are impressive, but not so impressive I gave them the time to properly learn them, although I did read the manuals each time. They’re more impressive from a technical and ambitious standpoint than they are from the go-to synths standpoint. My feeling towards eventually losing them is lukewarm at best. There’s always something else to fiddle with.

    I agree, there is always something else to mess with, and the PPG apps aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread, but for me it’s more a legacy thing, when I was active and working in the industry as a keyboard player back in the the day PPG stuff was unobtanium for a C call session player like myself, having Wolfgang’s stuff on my iPad kinda gives me a vintage type vibe .. same with Synclavier Go .. I finally have their stuff after all these decades .. sort of 🙄🎹

  • I love the PPG quartet enough to freeze an iPad if that ever becomes necessary due to iOS update.

    There’s nothing comparable to Phonem, Infinite or WaveMapper on the AppStore.

  • seconded :+1:

  • @cloudswimmer said:

    for me it’s more a legacy thing, when I was active and working in the industry as a keyboard player back in the the day PPG stuff was unobtanium for a C call session player like myself, having Wolfgang’s stuff on my iPad kinda gives me a vintage type vibe .. same with Synclavier Go .. I finally have their stuff after all these decades .. sort of 🙄🎹

    Same here. It's almost like a museum. I still have Alchemy and all the expansions on another iPad for the same reason.

  • Same time, the only serious contender to these series of apps is Nave...and none of them were auv ready, right? Is there any other auv apps that offer same synth architecture and flexibility in waveshapping and modulation?

  • @Faland said:
    It seems that you’ll be able to download them from purchased apps only until the end of this year...

    Where did you hear that? That’s upsetting, if true. I’ve had apps still available years after they were removed from the app store. In fact, only one app has ever disappeared from my purchased list (that I know of) And I got it restored after speaking to a service rep. (the old flight control game)

  • @Eschatone said:

    @Faland said:
    It seems that you’ll be able to download them from purchased apps only until the end of this year...

    Where did you hear that? That’s upsetting, if true. I’ve had apps still available years after they were removed from the app store. In fact, only one app has ever disappeared from my purchased list (that I know of) And I got it restored after speaking to a service rep. (the old flight control game)

    The developer could just let the App Store license expire (whatever you call it) and after that the apps will no longer be there.

  • @Eschatone said:

    @Faland said:
    It seems that you’ll be able to download them from purchased apps only until the end of this year...

    Where did you hear that? That’s upsetting, if true. I’ve had apps still available years after they were removed from the app store. In fact, only one app has ever disappeared from my purchased list (that I know of) And I got it restored after speaking to a service rep. (the old flight control game)

    Here:

    Important announcement

    Dear Customer,
    after 50 years of creative work in the field of sound synthesis I decided to stop doing business. I've been thinking about this step for some time now, especially since I've turned 70 this year. Therefore, I am very happy to have found a competent company in Brainworx Audio GmbH that will take over and continue my products and ideas.

    I would like to thank you for the support I've received over the last six years. PPG VST plug-ins and iOS apps are no longer available for purchase. We will continue to provide downloads of your previous plugin purchases until end of 2020.

    However, we do not recommend updating the hosts or the operating systems, as we cannot guarantee that our products will still run perfectly.

    Customers of PPG plugins will receive a mail from SendOwl, which gives more infos on how to connect to Brainworx.

    The future of the iOS apps has not been decided yet.

    Thank you again for your support.
    March 2020, Wolfgang Palm

  • Is there really anything stopping people from using another person's password to download these on to their own device? :#

  • edited March 28

    You would need to takeover their Apple ID, email, photos, messages etc etc and lose access to all your stuff. Apart from that it's fairly straightforward!

    If you have a friend who own these then arranging to be added to a family account would let you install from their list of purchased apps.

  • Hahaha, u can temporarily log in with another person's account, download something, then switch back to your own account. For example, this is the way ppl in China get round the lack of vpn apps in the app store! But yes, the family sharing thing is a better solution perhaps

  • @Sergiu said:
    Same time, the only serious contender to these series of apps is Nave...and none of them were auv ready, right? Is there any other auv apps that offer same synth architecture and flexibility in waveshapping and modulation?

    Korg Electribe Wave is wavetable based (but not as deep controls as nave or PPG).

  • It‘s a pity that the AU versions are a bit unfinished because they were developed when the technology was younger so they aren’t the full versions. That’s why I don’t load them up very much.

    You can still download apps with some older versions of iTunes on Windows. Unfortunately I think you can only download ones not now removed from the store. So maybe iMazing allows that...I’ve already backed them up luckily.

Sign In or Register to comment.