Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Splice and iOS disappointment

Hi there guys, I just subscribed to splice monthly and downloaded the iOS app just to find out you can’t download samples from the app and share to your music apps nor can you download samples from safari...
What a great disappointment.
I then went to App Store and found out it has many complaints about this issue.
Anyone know if they are considering an update in regards to this.?

Comments

• Oh shit. I just recently signed up for a month of Splice too and just downloaded the app. You mean you actually can't share your music files to other apps? 😱

• This has been the case for a long time (years maybe). I have no idea what their plans are but I know that sounds.com works with documents app

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Oh shit. I just recently signed up for a month of Splice too and just downloaded the app. You mean you actually can't share your music files to other apps? 😱

Nope no share sheet.
    Basically the ios app is for you to browse through samples and then sync to you desktop.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    This has been the case for a long time (years maybe). I have no idea what their plans are but I know that sounds.com works with documents app

Hi there, thanks.will give a look at that.i will probably also work with Safari since we can download on almost anything on iPadOs

• Hello guys, is there any link to check out the App?

• Thanks for confirming this @Paa89 , was debating subscribing after seeing the app on the store but that's a huge bummer if I can't get stuff OUT of it.

• @Lukas_Diederich said:
    Hello guys, is there any link to check out the App?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/splice-for-music-creators/id1108532275 Here you go

• @iammane said:
    Thanks for confirming this @Paa89 , was debating subscribing after seeing the app on the store but that's a huge bummer if I can't get stuff OUT of it.

Im about to ask for refund..just not nice at all

• I like Splice a lot... so I just made its download location a folder on my Dropbox. So now I have the sound where ever I need it. I just have it all synced up.

• edited March 2020

Encountered this the hard way back in November. Caught me off guard, and I didn’t even have access to an x86 computer at the time. Decided to just eat the $7 instead of asking for a refund.

Has anyone had experience with Landr? It seems like a similar service offering but I haven’t gone deep enough to know whether you can download direct to an iOS device. It’s less of an issue since I’m back home and have my laptop again but it’s six years old and can sometimes bog down when I have too many apps running in the background.

• @onerez said:
    I like Splice a lot... so I just made its download location a folder on my Dropbox. So now I have the sound where ever I need it. I just have it all synced up.

How did you set it up mate?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@onerez said:
    I like Splice a lot... so I just made its download location a folder on my Dropbox. So now I have the sound where ever I need it. I just have it all synced up.

How did you set it up mate?

@jwmmakerofmusic I have on my main PC on the splice app you can set the destination folder for your downloads. I have it pointed to a folder in my Dropbox. Then I can still preview sounds on IPad with new OS in safari and if I download it from safari on ipad it goes through the app on my desktop and into Dropbox. Then I have the sound available from there.

It would be sooooooo much nicer if Splice would make the IOS app able to download to your local files on iPad. But for now that is what I do.

• From an iPad, open from within Documents. Should work, no?

• @Morgman73 said:
    From an iPad, open from within Documents. Should work, no?

No unfortunately it won’t let you use any browser to download not even on desktop

• @Samflash3 said:

Thanks for sharing..will give it a try